Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: AQMP on May 01, 2014, 01:20:52 PM
Nally (& glens abu if he/she's about)...

if this is a politically motivated arrest and if as Mary Lou suggested there are "sinister unionist influenced" elements within the PSNI, can SF credibly continue to call for Republican and Nationalists to support a police force that would contain such elements and let itself be politically influenced in this way??

That's each to their own AQMP. I've no doubt they will continue to support it and claim to be challenging them via the policing board etc. They can call for continued support of the police all they want but it will be up to people to decide for themselves. I hold no malice towards anyone joining them, but it would be a cold day in hell before I personally would join a six county police force or be an enthusiastic supporter of one, particularly one which is so politically influenced.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Shamrock Shore

I see one of the McConville 'children' (Michael) has welcomed the arrest.

"Me and the rest of my brothers and sisters are just glad to see the PSNI doing their job. We didn't think it would ever take place [Mr Adams's arrest], but we are quite glad that it is taking place". he told the BBC.

I wonder why he said this if Gerry Adams is totally innocent?

AZOffaly

Because they believe he is not totally innocent?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on May 01, 2014, 01:30:46 PM
I see one of the McConville 'children' (Michael) has welcomed the arrest.

"Me and the rest of my brothers and sisters are just glad to see the PSNI doing their job. We didn't think it would ever take place [Mr Adams's arrest], but we are quite glad that it is taking place". he told the BBC.

I wonder why he said this if Gerry Adams is totally innocent?

Is that a serious question? Are you implying that he must be guilty because his arrest has been welcomed by the victims son?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2014, 01:22:29 PM
I haven't rubbished any investigation. And the point is that Jean McConvilles and Jerry McCabe's names aren't just dragged up during progess in investigations as you seem to be suggesting. Take a look at your asshole of a Taoiseach. In a comment to Gerry Adams during a debate on Welfare Reform: "I would love to hear you speak the truth about some elements of your past. You might some day tell the truth about the tragedy and the remorse and about the compassion that should have been shown for Jean McConville." So don't try telling me her name isn't used and abused cynically. Likewise, Jerry McCabe's name remains one of the most commonly dragged up in the 6 counties, despite the perpetrators having been tried and convicted years ago. Where is the clamor for the truth behind the real perpetrators of the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? Could even Enda name one of those victims?

Your use of the words 'dragged up' when referring to victims names says it all.

There is an allegation of the involvement of Adams in the McConville murder. If you wan to heighten awareness of other events please highlight them also, rather than attack any mention of these victims.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2014, 01:41:27 PM
I haven't rubbished any investigation. And the point is that Jean McConvilles and Jerry McCabe's names aren't just dragged up during progess in investigations as you seem to be suggesting. Take a look at your asshole of a Taoiseach. In a comment to Gerry Adams during a debate on Welfare Reform: "I would love to hear you speak the truth about some elements of your past. You might some day tell the truth about the tragedy and the remorse and about the compassion that should have been shown for Jean McConville." So don't try telling me her name isn't used and abused cynically. Likewise, Jerry McCabe's name remains one of the most commonly dragged up in the 6 counties, despite the perpetrators having been tried and convicted years ago. Where is the clamor for the truth behind the real perpetrators of the Dublin/Monaghan bombings? Could even Enda name one of those victims?

There is an allegation of the involvement of Adams in the McConville murder. If you wan to heighten awareness of other events please highlight them also, rather than attack any mention of these victims.
So referencing Jean McConville during a debate on welfare reform isn't "dragging up" her name?

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2014, 01:43:26 PM

So referencing Jean McConville during a debate on welfare reform isn't "dragging up" her name?

"Likewise, Jerry McCabe's name remains one of the most commonly dragged up in the 6 counties".

Whether or not you intended it when you wrote it, that statement reads as if it is dripping with antipathy towards the victim.

MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2014, 01:55:42 PM

"Likewise, Jerry McCabe's name remains one of the most commonly dragged up in the 6 counties".

Whether or not you intended it when you wrote it, that statement reads as if it is dripping with antipathy towards the victim.

Disingenuous horseshit once again Muppet. I have described Jean McConville's murder elsewhere on this board as "obscene" and have put on record that I am "disgusted" at the disappearing of bodies. As my repeated posts today have made abundantly clear, and as you continue to dance around, my problem is not with the victim, but with the elevation of two victims over all others. As well you know.

Rawhide

Nally your wasting you time talking to someone who has their mind already made up. Deadwood man, let it go.
cccc is a true supporter lol

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2014, 02:04:00 PM

Disingenuous horseshit once again Muppet. I have described Jean McConville's murder elsewhere on this board as "obscene" and have put on record that I am "disgusted" at the disappearing of bodies. As my repeated posts today have made abundantly clear, and as you continue to dance around, my problem is not with the victim, but with the elevation of two victims over all others. As well you know.

Well if it was obscene then surely you have no problem with it being investigated?

If there are allegations then any respectable police force would have to act on them.
MWWSI 2017

Nally Stand

Quote from: muppet on May 01, 2014, 02:15:54 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2014, 02:04:00 PM

Well if it was obscene then surely you have no problem with it being investigated?

If there are allegations then any respectable police force would have to act on them.

Dancing around my entire point once again.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Rawhide on May 01, 2014, 02:06:34 PM
Nally your wasting you time talking to someone who has their mind already made up. Deadwood man, let it go.

I think you were right.

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2014, 02:21:58 PM
Dancing around my entire point once again.

The point is the Jean McConville murder investigation.

If you think other murders should also be on the agenda, and I agree with you on that, then simply highlight those as well.

MWWSI 2017

Shamrock Shore

QuoteIs that a serious question? Are you implying that he must be guilty because his arrest has been welcomed by the victims son?

Well - it's not a deadly serious question but is there no weight that can be applied to his comments seeing as, unlike all of us, he was there when she was lifted and may, just may, know more then he is willing or able to formally tell to the peelers or to be made public.

Or could he be just:

- relying on hearsay and was being feed a load of nonsense.
- have a personal grudge against Gerry Adams and now sees a time to sow the boot in as he, like some former activists, sees Adams and McGuinness as sell-out merchants for helping to end the major part of the conflict.

His comments have to be considered with the 'court of public opinion'.

deiseach

Quote from: Rawhide on May 01, 2014, 02:06:34 PM