Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: lawnseed on March 30, 2014, 05:45:05 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on March 30, 2014, 01:01:33 PM
Sinn Fein up to 21% in today's red c poll. Temporary transfer of support following the carnage of the whistleblower-gate or a real chance of significant gains in the next election?
Yes yes yes.. I knew it!!  I'll know more when I get a chance to go on the canvas oma. But the word from the guys already out there is very positive.  Voters are sick of sliveenism and corruption they want positive open fairplay governance by people  who arent interested in feathering a nest for themselves and who give a shit about creating jobs and equality
They won't be voting for SF so
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Bensars

Sinn Fein up to 21% in today's red c poll. Temporary transfer of support following the carnage of the whistleblower-gate or a real chance of significant gains in the next election?
Yes yes yes.. I knew it!!  I'll know more when I get a chance to go on the canvas oma. But the word from the guys already out there is very positive.  Voters are sick of sliveenism and corruption they want positive open fairplay governance by people  who arent interested in feathering a nest for themselves and who give a shit about creating jobs and equality
West of the Bann has been "green" for years with SF MPs/MLAs.

Hasn't been many jobs created that I can recall
Hospitals closed
Can't even get a decent dual carriageway through ?

Although there's some token vox pops at election time ,the record on the ground once election time goes is not as clear, in regards they can talk, but feck all gets done about.

They have a half decent media team though

glens abu

Yes 21% is great but only a poll!great conference yesterday with 350 candidates from all across the Island and the 4 Euro candidates a party def on the rise across Ireland.Sinn Fein Abu

Maguire01

We all await the poll that follows your canvas.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Bensars on March 30, 2014, 06:52:30 PM

Hospitals closed

Although there's some token vox pops at election time ,the record on the ground once election time goes is not as clear, in regards they can talk, but feck all gets done about.

Great at creating jobs in anything tenuously linked to PEACE funding or the victims sector. Wouldn't want any of them advising on industry though.

glens abu

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 30, 2014, 09:30:25 PM

Hospitals closed

Great at creating jobs in anything tenuously linked to PEACE funding or the victims sector. Wouldn't want any of them advising on industry though.

Yeah but the good thing is that it's not all about you ;)

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 30, 2014, 09:08:09 PM
I cant wair to get your crowd to the ballet box... The dodo party
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 30, 2014, 10:01:42 PM
A ballet box in one hand...

lawnseed

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 30, 2014, 10:24:33 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 30, 2014, 10:01:42 PM
A ballet box in one hand...

There'll be no spelling mistakes for you to touch yourself about cause your stoop arse will be gone and you know it

lawnseed

Hospitals closed

What industry? We might as well be the outer hebrides when it comes to industry. The uk is booming and its going right past us. Is that sinn feins fault?  We are 1 fifth of the.government here why would sinn fein be to blame for lack of industry in nordie land when the place has been systematically asset stripped for the last 90 years

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on March 31, 2014, 03:01:04 AM

Hospitals closed

What industry? We might as well be the outer hebrides when it comes to industry. The uk is booming and its going right past us. Is that sinn feins fault?  We are 1 fifth of the.government here why would sinn fein be to blame for lack of industry in nordie land when the place has been systematically asset stripped for the last 90 years
If 4 out of 13 members of the Executive is one fifth of the government, it's a good job you're not in charge of the Finance department.

Farrandeelin

What's the state of play with the other parties and Independents?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

glens abu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 31, 2014, 10:20:00 PM

What's the state of play with the other parties and Independents?

http://www.redcresearch.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SBP-March-2014-Poll-Report.jpg

give her dixie

Watchdog throws out bizarre 'lost votes' argument from Robinson and McGuinness

Peter Robinson and Martin McGuinness's department has argued that it should be allowed to withhold information if releasing it might cost the First Minister and Deputy First Minister votes.

The extraordinary attempt to circumvent the Freedom of Information (FoI) Act was made in response to a request from the News Letter for the department's 'risk register'.

However, the Information Commissioner, the watchdog which enforces the open government law, has dismissed the argument and ordered that the Office of the First Minister and Deputy First Minister (OFMDFM) provide the information by May 1.

A formal decision notice upheld this newspaper's appeal against Stormont Castle's decision.

That 10-page document reveals that OFMDFM "argued specifically that disclosure of the requested information '... could prejudice ministers' electoral prospects and would most certainly have a 'chilling effect' on the future development of corporate risk registers'."

In dismissing that argument, the commissioner noted: "While the electoral prospects of individuals are not strictly a relevant factor when weighing the public interest in the disclosure of information, the commissioner is of the view that access rights afforded by FoI constitute an accountability tool which can help the public make up its mind for the purpose of participation in democratic elections.

"Contrary to OFMDFM's assertion, this is therefore a public interest argument in favour of disclosure in respect of supporting accountability and transparency."

The decision notice also reveals that the decision to refuse the original request was taken personally by "the First Minister and Deputy First Minister acting jointly".

The department also argued that releasing the risk registers – which record the issues causing concern within OFMDFM – would "inhibit the free and frank exchange of views" and could turn future such registers into "anodyne documents".

But the commissioner rejected all of those arguments.

OFMDFM has repeatedly been found to have broken the terms of the Freedom of Information Act.

Delays – which in some cases extended to more than 300 days past the 20-day legal limit – to answering requests led in late 2012 to the department being one of just four public bodies across the UK to be monitored by the commissioner.

In one instance it only answered a request the night before the applicant was to appear in the High Court to ask for the law to be enforced.

OFMDFM did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/regional/watchdog-throws-out-bizarre-lost-votes-argument-from-robinson-and-mcguinness-1-5972210#.UzsmGTqTjIw.twitter
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

AQMP

Latest Irish Times/IPSOS Mori Poll

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/poll-puts-fine-gael-and-fianna-f%C3%A1il-neck-and-neck-1.1749603

Poll puts Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil neck and neck
Stephen Collins.  Last Updated: Friday, April 4, 2014, 08:28

Fine Gael has suffered a significant drop in support and Fianna Fáil has recovered ground, according to the latest Irish Times/Ipsos MRBI poll.  The two parties are neck and neck with less than two months to go to the European and local elections.  The ongoing controversy over the administration of justice has clearly had a damaging impact on the level of support for the Government parties, with Fine Gael taking the biggest hit.  The poll was conducted on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week when the motion of no confidence in Minister for Justice Alan Shatter was being debated in the Dáil.  The bounce both Coalition parties got at the time of the exit from the EU-IMF bailout in December has now evaporated and Fine Gael and Labour are back to the level of support they had for most of last year.  Support for Sinn Féin has stayed unchanged at 21 per cent since the last Irish Times poll in December but support for Independents and Others is up.

When people were asked who they would vote for if an election were held tomorrow, party support – when undecided voters are excluded – compared with the last Irish Times poll was: Fine Gael, 25 per cent (down five points); Labour, 8 per cent (down one point); Fianna Fáil, 25 per cent (up three points); Sinn Féin, 21 per cent (no change); and Independents and Others, 21 per cent (up three points).

The survey was taken among a representative sample of 1,000 voters, in face-to-face interviews at 100 sampling points in all constituencies. The margin of error is plus or minus 3 per cent.

The core vote for the parties compared with the last poll was: Fine Gael, 18 per cent (down two points); Labour, 5 per cent (down one); Fianna Fáil, 18 per cent (up three); Sinn Féin, 15 per cent (up one); Independents/Others, 15 per cent (up three) and undecided voters, 29 per cent (down four).

The big gainer is Fianna Fáil, with the party moving up again after remaining becalmed in the polls since last summer. The aggressive stance adopted by party leader Micheál Martin in the various controversies surrounding the Department of Justice and the Garda has clearly paid dividends. Mr Martin has also seen an increase in his personal satisfaction rating. Fianna Fáil is again the biggest party in Munster, Connacht Ulster and the rest of Leinster. However, it is still trailing well behind Fine Gael in Dublin and is also behind Sinn Féin in the capital. The poll indicates that the party is going to find it very difficult to win a seat in Dublin in the European elections or make a significant impact in any of the four local authority areas in the county.

Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams has had a significant increase in his satisfaction rating, up six points to 33 per cent, giving him the highest rating of any party leader.

Satisfaction with the Government has dropped four points to 22 per cent but, despite all the controversies of recent months, that is still higher than it achieved for the 18 months before the bailout exit.  Satisfaction with Enda Kenny is down three points to 30 per cent, while satisfaction with Tánaiste Eamon Gilmore is up one point to 20 per cent, the highest rating he has achieved since autumn 2012.  There will be some satisfaction in Labour that the drop in party support since the last poll has been marginal, given the range of problems besetting the Government. However, with just 8 per cent support, the scale of the challenge it faces in the European and local elections is still enormous.  The increase in the level of support for Independents and Others to 21 per cent indicates that there is potential for at least one seat in each of the three European constituencies from that grouping.  The poll also highlights the prospect of a significant number of councillors being elected from the ranks of small parties and Independents, particularly given the large new electoral areas that will elect between six and 10 councillors.