Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Saffrongael

Tomorrow's Sunday Business Post - RED C poll results

Fine Gael 29 (N/C)
Labour 12 (+3)
Fianna Fail 22 (-1)
Sinn Fein 15 (-2)
Others/loons 22"
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Rossfan

Quote from: Saffrongael on November 23, 2013, 08:15:17 PM

Fine Gael 29 (N/C)
Labour 12 (+3)
Fianna Fail 22 (-1)
Sinn Fein 15 (-2)
Others/loons 22"

Looks like Lawnweed's "dungout" may have to wait another decade  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lawnseed

Quote from: Rossfan on November 23, 2013, 08:33:47 PM

Fine Gael 29 (N/C)
Labour 12 (+3)
Fianna Fail 22 (-1)
Sinn Fein 15 (-2)
Others/loons 22"

loons and labour up I see says it all doesn't it  ::) you get the government you deserve

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on November 24, 2013, 12:01:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 23, 2013, 08:33:47 PM

Fine Gael 29 (N/C)
Labour 12 (+3)
Fianna Fail 22 (-1)
Sinn Fein 15 (-2)
Others/loons 22"
loons and labour up I see says it all doesn't it  ::) you get the government you deserve
Democracy can be such an inconvenience.

Farrandeelin

Anybody watch 'Sinn Fein - who are they' on TV3 last night? Was it any good or was it going over old stuff we already know?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AQMP

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 26, 2013, 01:17:50 PM
Anybody watch 'Sinn Fein - who are they' on TV3 last night? Was it any good or was it going over old stuff we already know?

I saw the first ten minutes and then recorded the rest.  Up until then it was mostly an interview with GA and going over the Disappeared and Were You In The IRA? territory.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 26, 2013, 01:17:50 PM

Need you ask? And for even more of the same, BBC are doing a spotlight show on SF tonight too.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

sheamy

The BBC seem to be totally obsessed with Adams at the minute.

imtommygunn

They'll be getting a lot of flak for unmasking that guy "Winkie" Irvine or whatever he was called and will be tryign to even up the score to keep some people happy.

Applesisapples

I can't make my mind up about Adams. On the one hand I recognise that he had to be on the inside to deliver the peace process. Credit also to him and McGuiness they were at it since 1972. His TV personality is grating though and I find it hard to take him seriously. I also can't fathom why he denies IRA membership, when quite clearly the Brits wouldn't have engaged with him in the '70's had he not been involved. I have some sympathy over the situation with the neice, however SF's attitude to Cardinal Brady was a little hypocritical.
I also think that SF have kind of lost their way and opened up the field to this whole NI identity thing. If they aren't careful the little Northern Irelanders in the SDLP will peg them back.

Count 10

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 26, 2013, 04:41:52 PM
I can't make my mind up about Adams. On the one hand I recognise that he had to be on the inside to deliver the peace process. Credit also to him and McGuiness they were at it since 1972. His TV personality is grating though and I find it hard to take him seriously. I also can't fathom why he denies IRA membership, when quite clearly the Brits wouldn't have engaged with him in the '70's had he not been involved. I have some sympathy over the situation with the neice, however SF's attitude to Cardinal Brady was a little hypocritical.
I also think that SF have kind of lost their way and opened up the field to this whole NI identity thing. If they aren't careful the little Northern Irelanders in the SDLP will peg them back.

Like who....at the minute the SDLP couldn't peg washing on a line!

glens abu

Keep saying it and thought by this time you would have grasped it,should everyone who was in the IRA walk into a police station admit it and risk being locked up.The only people who admit they were in the RA are those who have already served time for it,Touts like Sean O Callaghan,and drunks in a bar talking s###e.

lawnseed

Quote from: glens abu on November 26, 2013, 06:14:36 PM

Keep saying it and thought by this time you would have grasped it,should everyone who was in the IRA walk into a police station admit it and risk being locked up.The only people who admit they were in the RA are those who have already served time for it,Touts like Sean O Callaghan,and drunks in a bar talking s###e.
Im sparticus..  Wait a few years it'll be like 1916 sure the half of dubin fought in the GPO
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on November 27, 2013, 10:22:26 AM
Quote from: glens abu on November 26, 2013, 06:14:36 PM

Im sparticus..  Wait a few years it'll be like 1916 sure the half of dubin fought in the GPO

Indeed there will be all sorts of people claiming bragging rights, mandates and moral justification from 1916.

MWWSI 2017