Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Nally, I have no problem praising Jim Allister for some of the work he has been doing. He is a bigger thorn in the side to the DUP than any nationalist. He has been exposing skullduggery in the ranks and his recent attack on them over the Red Sky dealings was bang on the money.

He has been obtaining freedom of information articles that expose them ever further.

Of course he is a bigot, but I can still give him credit where credit is due.

And as I said, I wouldn't mind seeing a nationalist version.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Nally Stand

Quote from: give her dixie on September 26, 2013, 04:16:13 PM
Nally, I have no problem praising Jim Allister for some of the work he has been doing. He is a bigger thorn in the side to the DUP than any nationalist. He has been exposing skullduggery in the ranks and his recent attack on them over the Red Sky dealings was bang on the money.

He has been obtaining freedom of information articles that expose them ever further.

He appeals to the lowest common denominator at every opportunity and in doing so, is forcing the DUP to do likewise. Which is the very reason we now see DUP members taking part in illegal parades, posing with squatters at twaddell, joining illegal flag protests, condoning physical assaults on the SF mayor, parading behind Brian Robinson Flute Band, excusing Orage Order members rioting etc etc etc not to mention their continuing backtracking on executive commitments. He is single handedly forcing the largest unionist party into it's most hardline, sectarian position in quite a few years. It boggles the mind that you would like a nationalist equivalent and boggles it even more that you think such a thing would actually ease sectarianism!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

give her dixie

Jim Allister is not driving the DUP down the cul de sac. It's the loyalist paramilitaries and the Orange Order.

give her dixie

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on September 26, 2013, 02:57:56 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 26, 2013, 02:43:11 PM
So how exactly do you see SF and the SDLP moving things forward. They have even fallen into the BBC habit of failing to point out the log in PUL eyes when being asked about the mote in their own. For example Unionists harp on about Castlederg and no one challenges them about the many more marches by loyalists which not only celebrate the UVF/RHC/UDA etc but are designed to insult. The most obvious unspoken truth of them all is that the so called cultural expression of orangism is a celebration of various victories in sordid sectarian squabbles.

I don't know how they move things forward, but you're the one has proposed a solution (pulling out of stormont). I'm asking you to explain what steps I'm missing from your solution, because so far all I can gather from your idea are a start and an end...

1. Nationalists pull out of stormont and give almost all power back to Westminster
2. ?????
3. Dublin gets "increased power and responsibility" and Irish culture in the north is treated with equality.

Please do explain how stage 1 above, leads to stage 3 in your head!
Not 100 per cent sure how you'd get there but it couldn't be any worse than the current situation.

lawnseed

hold on.. what's all this Dublin stuff? enda Kenny's government have never even acknowledged the existence of the 6 counties except to yap about how we were harbouring guarda killers. I don't want that guy to be the boss of me!! maybe if sinn fein were in government in the 26 I could swallow it but given a choice between ff and fg i'd go for dup! that's how disgusting I find these guys
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Applesisapples

Quote from: lawnseed on September 26, 2013, 07:48:15 PM
hold on.. what's all this Dublin stuff? enda Kenny's government have never even acknowledged the existence of the 6 counties except to yap about how we were harbouring guarda killers. I don't want that guy to be the boss of me!! maybe if sinn fein were in government in the 26 I could swallow it but given a choice between ff and fg i'd go for dup! that's how disgusting I find these guys
So you are a Unionist?

muppet

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 27, 2013, 09:20:40 AM
So you are a Unionist?

Strictly comm Unionist.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 27, 2013, 09:20:40 AM
So you are a Unionist?
no. i'm a democrat. we have a flawed administration here that's under attack by extremists. these are the same crowd who never wanted the peace process in the first instance. they have tried on ever occasion to undermine the good work that has gone on. handing over the little say we do have to Cameron or the gimp Kenny is handing 'camp twaddle' a victory for thuggery. the next place they'd be camped is the dial or outside croker or outside some catholic church.
the answer is to isolate these crowd and make it clear that democracy is the way forward. get their names, find out if theyre on the dole (most likely) ask them (nicely) to join back to work schemes if they don't - no benefits. when they riot spray them with dye anyone with dye on them-  arrest on sight- no benefits. these crowd are a tiny minority. ask any normal person in norn iron if they want to turn the clock back 20 years..
as regards my 'unionist' credentials I want a united ireland asap, but it needs to be a proper republic not the septic tank that people in the 26 have settled for where a wealthy elite bankrupts get to stay in homes that show their "status in society" and the ordinary guy is made homeless. the 26 needs some serious work before its ready to join the six. (as bad as we are) I think my view is typical of most parents as shown in recent opinion polls. chucky and all that..

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on September 29, 2013, 09:10:26 AM
the answer is to isolate these crowd and make it clear that democracy is the way forward. get their names, find out if theyre on the dole (most likely) ask them (nicely) to join back to work schemes if they don't - no benefits. when they riot spray them with dye anyone with dye on them-  arrest on sight- no benefits. these crowd are a tiny minority.
I think your political home is a lot further right than you realise. Maybe time for you to give UKIP or the Tories a call?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Maguire01 on September 29, 2013, 10:23:01 AM
the answer is to isolate these crowd and make it clear that democracy is the way forward. get their names, find out if theyre on the dole (most likely) ask them (nicely) to join back to work schemes if they don't - no benefits. when they riot spray them with dye anyone with dye on them-  arrest on sight- no benefits. these crowd are a tiny minority.
I think your political home is a lot further right than you realise. Maybe time for you to give UKIP or the Tories a call?
It is certainly not aligned with SF. They would be filling in their claim forms and organising a minibus or fleet of black taxis to transport them to the bru.

lawnseed

the answer is to isolate these crowd and make it clear that democracy is the way forward. get their names, find out if they're on the dole (most likely) ask them (nicely) to join back to work schemes if they don't - no benefits. when they riot spray them with dye anyone with dye on them-  arrest on sight- no benefits. these crowd are a tiny minority.
maybe there is a crack in my tricolor tinted glassed
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 29, 2013, 10:26:19 AM
the answer is to isolate these crowd and make it clear that democracy is the way forward. get their names, find out if they're on the dole (most likely) ask them (nicely) to join back to work schemes if they don't - no benefits. when they riot spray them with dye anyone with dye on them-  arrest on sight- no benefits. these crowd are a tiny minority.
It is certainly not aligned with SF. They would be filling in their claim forms and organising a minibus or fleet of black taxis to transport them to the bru.
the gloves are off. I'm sick of the same same.. "tradition", "community" "culture" type speak that this crowd spout every time they need an excuse for their undemocratic unlawful behaviour. ffs they're tramping about the place with swords!!! swords!! what other jurisdiction would put up with this shite. name one place?? theres patience and there complacency! gather up a few hurlers with sticks and cut the shite out of them. if they were kids you'd drop their pants and redden their arses not subsidise them with taxpayers money. get a job

Myles Na G.

Allister was also the only one really laying into Nelson McCausland over his totally spurious claims about the Housing Executive overpaying contractors.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24283632
It defies belief that the cretinous McCausland can get away with this and keep his job. I notice from that BBC report that he tries to put the blame on the Chairman of the Housing Executive. That would be the same chairman that McCausland handpicked and recruited from a housing association in England then. Wenker!

give her dixie

Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 29, 2013, 12:17:50 PM

Allister was also the only one really laying into Nelson McCausland over his totally spurious claims about the Housing Executive overpaying contractors.
It defies belief that the cretinous McCausland can get away with this and keep his job. I notice from that BBC report that he tries to put the blame on the Chairman of the Housing Executive. That would be the same chairman that McCausland handpicked and recruited from a housing association in England then. Wenker!

And despite all the evidence against him, Maskey or SF wouldn't call for his resignation. Pathetic leadership

trileacman

Quote from: give her dixie on September 29, 2013, 12:43:56 PM
Quote from: Myles Na G. on September 29, 2013, 12:17:50 PM

And despite all the evidence against him, Maskey or SF wouldn't call for his resignation. Pathetic leadership

They are as culpable in this regard themselves, Gildernew cost the taxpayer in excess of 60million.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15631617
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014