Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 06:22:45 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 05:41:45 PM
Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 03:55:49 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 02:40:05 PM
Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 02:34:15 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 12:45:45 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 02, 2013, 11:36:56 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2013, 07:13:30 PM
Quote from: Hardy on May 01, 2013, 07:06:20 PM
So no comment on the murders themselves but blustering outrage at the commentary on the murders.
Standard response there hardy. Don't look at the conflict as a whole, and the context of it. Just pick one victim that suits the agenda and start the whatabouteries, eh.

Ah well, I didn't really expect you t be able to justify such a skewed set of sympathies.
"Ah well". Another standard response.

"Another standard response". Another standard response.

Speaking of responses, I haven't heard back from you on:

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 01, 2013, 06:47:59 PM
Quote from: dec on May 01, 2013, 05:39:57 PM
According to Nally Stand "The dogs in the street know these loyalists were acting with security force collusion."
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19293.msg962172#msg962172

And the dogs in the street also know that Adams and McGuinness were senior figures in the IRA.
Me saying that the dogs in the street knew about collusion is a bit different than a journalist at the state broadcaster on live tv making a direct accusation of involvement in the death of a named individual, wouldn't you say???

You said "The dogs in the street know these loyalists were acting with security force collusion" because it is well known that the security forces colluded with loyalist paramilitaries. Gerry Adams was asked about a murder committed by the IRA because it is well known that he was a senior figure in the IRA.

Not realy answering my question there are you. Me saying that the dogs in the street knew about collusion is a bit different than a journalist at the state broadcaster on live tv making a direct accusation of involvement in the death of a named individual, wouldn't you say???

Gerry Adams was a senior member of the IRA. It is entirely reasonable for a journalist to ask him about the activities of the IRA.

What part of "allegation involving a named individual" do you find so hard to grasp here?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

dec

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 07:02:49 PM
So no comment on the murders themselves but blustering outrage at the commentary on the murders.
Standard response there hardy. Don't look at the conflict as a whole, and the context of it. Just pick one victim that suits the agenda and start the whatabouteries, eh.

Ah well, I didn't really expect you t be able to justify such a skewed set of sympathies.

According to Nally Stand "The dogs in the street know these loyalists were acting with security force collusion."

And the dogs in the street also know that Adams and McGuinness were senior figures in the IRA.
Me saying that the dogs in the street knew about collusion is a bit different than a journalist at the state broadcaster on live tv making a direct accusation of involvement in the death of a named individual, wouldn't you say???

You said "The dogs in the street know these loyalists were acting with security force collusion" because it is well known that the security forces colluded with loyalist paramilitaries. Gerry Adams was asked about a murder committed by the IRA because it is well known that he was a senior figure in the IRA.

Not realy answering my question there are you. Me saying that the dogs in the street knew about collusion is a bit different than a journalist at the state broadcaster on live tv making a direct accusation of involvement in the death of a named individual, wouldn't you say???

Gerry Adams was a senior member of the IRA. It is entirely reasonable for a journalist to ask him about the activities of the IRA.

What part of "allegation involving a named individual" do you find so hard to grasp here?

I don't find it hard to grasp at all. She asked a senior IRA figure about specific IRA activities.

Nally Stand

Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 07:09:40 PM

I don't find it hard to grasp at all. She asked a senior IRA figure about specific IRA activities.
No, she made a very specific accusation about a named individual's death. This is not acceptable, particularly from the state broadcaster. Amazing you need that spelt out to you.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

dec

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 07:12:28 PM

No, she made a very specific accusation about a named individual's death. This is not acceptable, particularly from the state broadcaster. Amazing you need that spelt out to you.

State broadcasters have the same rights to freedom of speech as the rest of us. If Gerry hadn't been in the IRA he wouldn't be getting these questions.

Nally Stand

Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

State broadcasters have the same rights to freedom of speech as the rest of us. If Gerry hadn't been in the IRA he wouldn't be getting these questions.
Right. Why do certain individuals from the Labour Party not face such allegations?

dec

Quote from: Nally Stand on May 02, 2013, 07:19:56 PM
Quote from: dec on May 02, 2013, 07:15:40 PM

Right. Why do certain individuals from the Labour Party not face such allegations?

Which "certain individuals" should face such allegations?

camanchero

None!
That's why ocallaghan was completely out of order if not crossing the legal line by implying adams was in some way responsible for that named persons death!

I doubt if Adams would want the hoo ha of pressing legal charges over this ( presumably he has a case - defamation) so she and rte are prob going to avoid a repeat perf of last years fiasco where they had to she'll out for those allegations against that priest.

Ocallaghan is a daft unprofessional bint!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: camanchero on May 02, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
None!
That's why ocallaghan was completely out of order if not crossing the legal line by implying adams was in some way responsible for that named persons death!

I doubt if Adams would want the hoo ha of pressing legal charges over this ( presumably he has a case - defamation) so she and rte are prob going to avoid a repeat perf of last years fiasco where they had to she'll out for those allegations against that priest.

Big tits though.

Maguire01

Quote from: camanchero on May 02, 2013, 07:34:41 PM
None!

So you reckon he won't take legal action because of the hassle?

lawnseed

all he had to say was "if you have evidence you should take it to the guards or psni" end of. she'd have shit herself
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Maguire01

Quote from: lawnseed on May 02, 2013, 10:27:39 PM
all he had to say was "if you have evidence you should take it to the guards or psni" end of. she'd have shit herself
I doubt that.

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on May 02, 2013, 10:27:39 PM

You're not a real Shinner are you?
MWWSI 2017

ranch

Well if she does evidence and is happy to tell the nation about it then surely she has a duty to inform the authorities?

deiseach

It always cracks me up when it comes to Northern Ireland how everyone defends the necessity of violence yet everyone denies having ever pulled a trigger. Who performed these killings? Martin Corry's beast?

Nally Stand

Quote from: deiseach on May 03, 2013, 09:56:55 AM
It always cracks me up when it comes to Northern Ireland how everyone defends the necessity of violence yet everyone denies having ever pulled a trigger. Who performed these killings? Martin Corry's beast?
Do you expect everyone who ever pulled a trigger to suddenly volunteer themselves to go to jail?