Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2013, 08:56:31 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2013, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2013, 05:40:04 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 15, 2013, 05:58:27 PM
The likes of the 'sniper' badge being on sale at an Ard Fheis is very poor form for a party that keeps on talking about reconciliation. It gives it opponents an open goal. And it's not just the badge - the party's website has plenty of IRA memorabilia - an IRA Mug (New Design) - looks like they're still making new products to glorify the troubles. Hardly the image of a party supposedly committed to democracy and reconciliation.

Quote from: Applesisapples on April 18, 2013, 04:59:27 PM
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind.

I know a place where you boys would fit right in with that sort of heavyweight politic! Somewhere where like yourselves, the other members of this group are (if they were being honest) probably not regular visitors to the SF online shop that they are so offended by either. Give it a go.
Offended? Not in the slightest. But those people who SF say they want to reconcile with - well they might be.
Feel free to play the man though. I appreciate it's easier.

Can't be easier than having a cry about the stock of a shop you don't tend to ever even visit though!

Why do you have to visit the shop in person to form an opinion on 'Sniper at work' badges being sold by a political party that claims to be pursuing it's objectives through only peaceful means?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on April 18, 2013, 09:44:04 PM
The likes of the 'sniper' badge being on sale at an Ard Fheis is very poor form for a party that keeps on talking about reconciliation. It gives it opponents an open goal. And it's not just the badge - the party's website has plenty of IRA memorabilia - an IRA Mug (New Design) - looks like they're still making new products to glorify the troubles. Hardly the image of a party supposedly committed to democracy and reconciliation.

In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind.

I know a place where you boys would fit right in with that sort of heavyweight politic! Somewhere where like yourselves, the other members of this group are (if they were being honest) probably not regular visitors to the SF online shop that they are so offended by either. Give it a go.
Offended? Not in the slightest. But those people who SF say they want to reconcile with - well they might be.

Can't be easier than having a cry about the stock of a shop you don't tend to ever even visit though!

Why do you have to visit the shop in person to form an opinion on 'Sniper at work' badges being sold by a political party that claims to be pursuing it's objectives through only peaceful means?
Claims to be?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2013, 08:49:24 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 09:30:30 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on April 17, 2013, 07:35:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 17, 2013, 07:26:07 PM
On what kind of special occasion would you wear a sniper badge?

And you really wouldn't take exception to a soldier parading their medal for Bloody Sunday? Why not?
because i've moved on. i consider the soldier and the excombatant both to be victoms. those soldiers were primed by their comanding officers before they ever got out of their barracks.

Transplanting your bigotry from hating Unionist and the United Kingdom to the residents of and state of Ireland.
There is no state of Ireland it pisses me off when people from the republic make comments such as this which relegates the north to non Irish status.
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind. It's funny if you are 15.
There most definitely is. The official name of the 26 county state is Ireland. See Article 4 of Bunreacht na hÉireann.
mmmm seems the facts piss Apples off.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on April 18, 2013, 09:48:12 PM

Claims to be?

Well if Lawnseed's aggression towards the Republic to go by, they are nothing but hollow claims.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 18, 2013, 05:43:18 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 17, 2013, 12:17:59 AM
Again you have no clue, your trying to impress 26 county voters here, not 6 county ones. "Sniper at work" sticker is not acceptale to the Republic's electorate. Your attempts to justify it, holds no water in the Irish state.
actually why does he or sf etc have to 'impress' anyone in the south?

imo the reason why your attitude has been programmed as such is due to the media propoganda down the years eminating from the north.
everything was controlled by the state and thus all reporting was critically subjective, with huge bias on the unionist/loyalist/jaffa side.
Misrepresentation of facts and actual accounts was commonplace.
So the attitude from anyone reading/hearing the media would be that the taigs were a violent lot, always on the go against the poor gentlefolk of the orange establishment.

it was not reflective of the reality.

If it was, you and many more would have sympathy for the persecuted folk that did exist in the north.
Lawnseed's account is one of many. Yes people fought back, but they hadnt much choice. The SDLP's heart was inthe right place, but years of trying to persuede the establishment that it was a systematically bullying and oppressive aggressive violator didnt work.
Doesnt correct the wrongs that were done but thats the reason.

If the southern people had acces to unbiased media accounts, then there would be a more tolerant attitude and a better bond and togetherness of the Irish people.

however now, the only way that this will be achieved is through an economic carrot and incentive - even the eventual referrendum yes vote in the north for reunification wont matter without the economy being ripe for this.

but for now, have a think as to why your mindset is conditioned, I believe you may find there is merit in what I say - if you open your mind a bit!

As opposed to Northern folk being conditioned to accept the abnormal as normal and the unacceptable as being acceptable. I am Western not Southern. My state is called Ireland not Southern Ireland. I am from the West.

theticklemister

And you really wouldn't take exception to a soldier parading their medal for Bloody Sunday? Why not?
because i've moved on. i consider the soldier and the excombatant both to be victoms. those soldiers were primed by their comanding officers before they ever got out of their barracks.

Transplanting your bigotry from hating Unionist and the United Kingdom to the residents of and state of Ireland.
There is no state of Ireland it pisses me off when people from the republic make comments such as this which relegates the north to non Irish status.
In relation to the Sniper at work thing, this really is juvenile SF should be leaving al that crap behind. It's funny if you are 15.
There most definitely is. The official name of the 26 county state is Ireland. See Article 4 of Bunreacht na hÉireann.

Tube

Maguire01

Quote from: theticklemister on April 18, 2013, 10:46:03 PM

Tube
For stating a fact? It wasn't an opinion.
But you stay classy.

Tubberman

Claims to be?

Yes, that is their claim isn't it? I believe they are, in the main, sticking to that. But selling merchandise such as the above hardly does much to distance themselves from violent means, or to reassure those who doubt their motives...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Nally Stand

Quote from: Tubberman on April 18, 2013, 10:55:06 PM

Claims to be?

Yes, that is their claim isn't it? I believe they are, in the main, sticking to that. But selling merchandise such as the above hardly does much to distance themselves from violent means, or to reassure those who doubt their motives...
In the main?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

theticklemister

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2013, 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com link=topic=15128.msg1222194#msg1222194quote author=Maguire01 link=topic=15128.msg1222606#msg1222606 date=1366321796]
Quote from: lawnseed link=topic=15128.msg1222quote author=Tubberman link=topic=15128.msg1222609#msg1222609 date=1366322106]

Claims to be?

158#msg1222158 date=1366223708]

Tube
But you stay classy.
date=1366230630]

Tube
[/quote]
But you stay classy.
[/quote]

Thats the way I roll.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 18, 2013, 09:56:38 PM
Again you have no clue, your trying to impress 26 county voters here, not 6 county ones. "Sniper at work" sticker is not acceptale to the Republic's electorate. Your attempts to justify it, holds no water in the Irish state.

imo the reason why your attitude has been programmed as such is due to the media propoganda down the years eminating from the north.
everything was controlled by the state and thus all reporting was critically subjective, with huge bias on the unionist/loyalist/jaffa side.
So the attitude from anyone reading/hearing the media would be that the taigs were a violent lot, always on the go against the poor gentlefolk of the orange establishment.

If it was, you and many more would have sympathy for the persecuted folk that did exist in the north.
Lawnseed's account is one of many. Yes people fought back, but they hadnt much choice. The SDLP's heart was inthe right place, but years of trying to persuede the establishment that it was a systematically bullying and oppressive aggressive violator didnt work.

If the southern people had acces to unbiased media accounts, then there would be a more tolerant attitude and a better bond and togetherness of the Irish people.

however now, the only way that this will be achieved is through an economic carrot and incentive - even the eventual referrendum yes vote in the north for reunification wont matter without the economy being ripe for this.

but for now, have a think as to why your mindset is conditioned, I believe you may find there is merit in what I say - if you open your mind a bit!

As opposed to Northern folk being conditioned to accept the abnormal as normal and the unacceptable as being acceptable. I am Western not Southern. My state is called Ireland not Southern Ireland. I am from the West.
So I put it to you , that if your mind had not been preconditioned by the anti nationalist propaganda over the war years, you would look upon the northern contingent in much the same manner as you would/do the Munster folk ( ie with some semblence of jealousy but equal).
My state is Ireland. I have lived in it most of my life. I have lived in the south most of my life.
In the great advertising worded of the horrendous irish independent - before you make up your mind, open it.
Try it.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 18, 2013, 11:27:07 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 18, 2013, 09:56:38 PM

So I put it to you , that if your mind had not been preconditioned by the anti nationalist propaganda over the war years, you would look upon the northern contingent in much the same manner as you would/do the Munster folk ( ie with some semblence of jealousy but equal).
My state is Ireland. I have lived in it most of my life. I have lived in the south most of my life.
In the great advertising worded of the horrendous irish independent - before you make up your mind, open it.
Try it.

Jealousy  ??? not a bit of it, rather the opposite, I love being a Connachtman.

I consider all of Ireland's counties and provinces being Irish and in Ireland (the nation and the island). However I am proud of Ireland the state/independent country and see Northern nationatlists as the new hostile from within, replacing Unionists who now show our state and head of state some respect. I am proud of the state I was born into and the more the likes of lawnseed attack my country the more I will see him not of that country. In fact in my younger years I was very biased in favour of the nationalist community up North. That opinion was largerly due to the conditioning of growing up in the Republic, so I do not understand nationalist paranoia. Now I try and keep a balanced opinion of all my fellow Irishmen in the North, but I let their actions determine my opinion, the fleg wavers of East Belfast and the Shinner we are going to takeover my state and f**k it up brigade on this board make them open to having the piss ripped out of them at every opportunity.

I am very proud of the Republic and find those who show my country the least respect are those who claim to be of the same nation, often taking up passports yet add nothing but hate towards us. You hear alot from northern nationalists here and elsewhere about the abuse they got when in the 26, well if the drunken rants I have had to put up with from 6 county nationalists about "traitor this, traitor that" is anything to go by, they were looking for it.

By the way most of the negativity created by you northern shinners on here, is largely undone everyday by friends from the north.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: theticklemister on April 18, 2013, 11:01:32 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on April 18, 2013, 10:49:56 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com link=topic=15128.msg1222194#msg1222194quote author=Maguire01 link=topic=15128.msg1222606#msg1222606 date=1366321796]
Quote from: lawnseed link=topic=15128.msg1222quote author=Tubberman link=topic=15128.msg1222609#msg1222609 date=1366322106]

Claims to be?

158#msg1222158 date=1366223708]

Tube
But you stay classy.
date=1366230630]

Tube
But you stay classy.
[/quote]

Thats the way I roll.
[/quote]

You remember it is called Ireland lad  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on April 19, 2013, 12:31:38 AM
You remember it is called Ireland lad  ;)

Only because they made a complete incompetent hames of the alteration of the Constitution after the Amendments to Articles 2 & 3 (since they had defined 'Ireland' as 32 Counties, not 26, never 26); 'twas by no conscious design, remember that. Pure typical incompetence for the unconscionable.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

QuoteOnly because they made a complete incompetent hames of the alteration of the Constitution after the Amendments to Articles 2 & 3 (since they had defined 'Ireland' as 32 Counties, not 26, never 26); 'twas by no conscious design, remember that. Pure typical incompetence for the unconscionable.

Spot on., it is a loose end. It is surprising that the matter did not arise 15 years ago though.

Since the Irish nation is stated to live in the 32 Counties, this defines Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B