Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 09, 2013, 05:08:25 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2013, 04:09:41 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 09, 2013, 12:33:39 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 08, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
Give the part over and above the Industrial wage back to the Taxpayer .

Or give it to me of course

Wages, Rossfan, wages. They are under no obligation to you on how they use their own wages.

Why then do they insist telling me they "only take the avaerage industrial wage" from the money I pay them .... but for some reason they never give the same emphasis to the fact that they give it to their Party.
We're left with the feeling that they don't take their full salary from the taxpayer.
Anyway it's one more party for me to give no preference to in the next election  :-\

Your own blind ignorance isn't an excuse Rossfan. SF have never claimed to only take half the salary entitlement from the state. The dogs on the street know that what happens is SF reps all give half their wages to the party. It's SFs own internal way of making sure the candidates they attract are there for their beliefs and principles rather than for self gain and careerism.
Which is why we end up with monkeys for MLA's!

lawnseed

john o dowd just keeps doing good stuff. as minister hes granted the lowest workers in the eduacation boards 250quid each. all perfectly above board.. no brownies. also john can handle himself nicely a definate dark horse what ever time gerry realises he done all he can and its time for the slippers
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

lawnseed

the latest employment figures and economic growth figures show that Britain has all but abandoned the 6 counties. more like last one out turn out the lights than maggie's as British as finchley. so now what? the place is in limbo half the population spend their days in their pajamas living on handouts the other half either smuggle diesel and fags or they work in the civil service or a call centre. less than 100 years from partition and the brits have stripped the place from world economic industrial hub to economic basketcase. theres nothing left to take although the prods are useful for the army they're dying to get killed for their fleg in someone elses war somewhere and the british public dont kick up if a few of them get killed. so this is where we are 'a cross between a minor itch and cannon fodder' thats our wee country for yeh

Farrandeelin

Quote from: lawnseed on March 15, 2013, 10:39:49 PM
the latest employment figures and economic growth figures show that Britain has all but abandoned the 6 counties. more like last one out turn out the lights than maggie's as British as finchley. so now what? the place is in limbo half the population spend their days in their pajamas living on handouts the other half either smuggle diesel and fags or they work in the civil service or a call centre. less than 100 years from partition and the brits have stripped the place from world economic industrial hub to economic basketcase. theres nothing left to take although the prods are useful for the army they're dying to get killed for their fleg in someone elses war somewhere and the british public dont kick up if a few of them get killed. so this is where we are 'a cross between a minor itch and cannon fodder' thats our wee country for yeh

In fairness, the British never really gave a toss about Ireland, pre or post partition so I don't know why you think it's a big surprise.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

lawnseed

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 15, 2013, 10:50:16 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on March 15, 2013, 10:39:49 PM
the latest employment figures and economic growth figures show that Britain has all but abandoned the 6 counties. more like last one out turn out the lights than maggie's as British as finchley. so now what? the place is in limbo half the population spend their days in their pajamas living on handouts the other half either smuggle diesel and fags or they work in the civil service or a call centre. less than 100 years from partition and the brits have stripped the place from world economic industrial hub to economic basketcase. theres nothing left to take, although the prods are useful for the army. they're dying to get killed for their fleg in someone elses war somewhere... and the british public dont kick up if a few of them get killed. so this is where we are 'a cross between a minor itch and cannon fodder' thats our wee country for yeh

In fairness, the British never really gave a toss about Ireland, pre or post partition so I don't know why you think it's a big surprise.
i'm a shinner i'm not surprised

Maguire01

@rtenews: The latest Sunday Business Post/Red C poll shows Govt support is stable: FG 28 (nc), Lab 13 (+1), FF 24 (-2), SF 14 (-2), Ind 21 (+3).

All of a Sludden

A niece of Newry and Armagh MP Conor Murphy has been jailed today for her part in a €23m film fraud.

An Irish actress was jailed today along with four other fraudsters who pretended to be making a Hollywood blockbuster as part of a £2.8m (€3.3m) VAT and film tax credits scam.

Inspectors were told that A-listers from Hollywood would be starring in a £19.6m (€23m) production that would be shot in the UK.

But the film, 'Landscape Of Lives', was never made and the only footage shot was seven minutes of "completely unusable quality" filmed in a flat and costing just £5,000 (€5,860).

Co Down actress and producer Aoife Madden (aged 31) who is originally from Newry but now has an address at Maclise Road, west London, was said to have submitted a "pack of lies" to inspectors about the project.

She was sentenced to four years and eight months at Southwark Crown Court in central London.

Co-accused Bashar Al-Issa (aged 34) a former Iraqi national who is now British, of Rodney Court, Maida Vale, London, described as the orchestrator of the fraud, was jailed for six-and-a-half years by Judge Juliet May.

Two other defendants in the scam – Tariq Hassan (aged 52) a Pakistani national, of Willingale Road, Loughton, Essex, and Osama Al Baghdady (aged 51) an Iraqi national of Lowther Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, received four-year jail sentences.

A fifth defendant, architect Ian Sherwood (aged 53) of Esher Drive, Sale, Manchester, who allowed his offices to be used for the fraud, was sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail.

Judge May said the fraud had been based on an "entirely bogus film project".

All five defendants were also disqualified from holding company directorships - Al-Issa for 10 years; Madden for eight years, and Hassan, Al-Baghdady and Sherwood for five years.

The court heard that Madden, said by the prosecution as having played an important organisational role in the fraud, pleaded guilty at the start of the trial to two charges of conspiracy to cheat the public revenue between April 2010 and April 2011 related to VAT repayments and film tax credits.

Al-Issa was convicted on both charges after a trial. Hassan was convicted of one charge – conspiracy to cheat the revenue in relation to film tax credits.

Al Baghdady and Sherwood were convicted of one charge of conspiracy to cheat the revenue in relation to VAT repayments.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Maguire01

I see the Agriculture Minister has made an appearance. Apparently she has asked the Secretary of State for a helicopter from the MoD to bring supplies to those stranded by the snow. A new 'Brits in' policy?

armaghniac

QuoteA niece of Newry and Armagh MP Conor Murphy has been jailed today for her part in a €23m film fraud.

I'm not a noted defender of SF, but I fail to see how the actions of relatives of party members is relevant.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

Is this all we have to argue about now ?

Sinn Fein has criticised the return of the world famous Red Arrows air display team to Northern Ireland.

Down District Council has announced the Red Arrows will be one of the key attractions of its summer tourist programme.

When the aerial daredevils first appeared in Newcastle four years ago, it attracted a crowd of more than 100,000 to the Co Down coast.

But Sinn Fein has shot down the plans to throw out the red carpet to the display team as part of a Festival of Flight festival on August 10.

Down councillor Eamonn Mac Con Midhe said: "The Red Arrows are using Down District to get publicity for the British Army.

"Let them tell the story about what they are doing in Afghanistan. When they came to Down District the last time, we were told these RAF pilots were all just home from Afghanistan.

"They are not doing festivals of flight in Afghanistan. Let them tell people what they are really doing in the war in Afghanistan."

Mr Mac Con Midhe claimed the return of the Arrows has yet to be discussed by the council and the first he was aware of it was a press announcement from the council.

However, Alliance councillor Patrick Clarke said it would be "silly" for Sinn Fein to oppose the return of the Red Arrows.

"The crowds which the Red Arrows attracted to Newcastle two years ago were phenomenal and the spectacular air displays were breathtaking and could be seen for miles along the coast," he said.

"With the Red Arrows display, the Summer Festival of Flight will be another major success for Newcastle and Down District.

"It is becoming one of Northern Ireland's major summer festivals."

When they first flew to the district in 2010, the Arrows helped attract more than 100,000 visitors to Newcastle as part of the Harry Ferguson festival, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the first powered flight in Ireland in the resort.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: orangeman on March 26, 2013, 01:27:41 PM

Sinn Fein has criticised the return of the world famous Red Arrows air display team to Northern Ireland.

Must be a different Sinn Fein who asked for an RAF helicopter to deliver aid to those cut off by the recent snow.

http://www.u.tv/News/MOD-helicopter-to-deliver-care-packages/5c9f64d2-8dc6-4702-8655-97b02b414c2d
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

give her dixie

Or maybe its a different S F from the one who happily posed with Obama, the man responsible for murdering innocent children on a weekly basis in Afghanistan?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

orangeman

Quote from: give her dixie on March 26, 2013, 03:00:20 PM
Or maybe its a different S F from the one who happily posed with Obama, the man responsible for murdering innocent children on a weekly basis in Afghanistan?

No wonder I'm confused.

T Fearon

Is this Sinn Fein's vision of an Ireland of sequels, after the first film was never made?

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on March 26, 2013, 01:27:41 PM

If i'm not mistaken, this is the same Councillor that was waving a tricolour at last year's St Patrick's Day parade - showing it the same respect as the loyalist protesters show their flag.