Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

The irony with the above post is that the only people I can think of that view history the same way as Republicans, making absolutely no allowance for either time or context, are Israel and Unionists/Loyalists.

Congrats Baldy, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
MWWSI 2017

Ball DeBeaver

All were mass murders carried out in the name of Irish freedom. At the time of all the above, they were condemned by anyone with an ounce of decency. Please explain to me how the mass murder of civilians is justified, or do you feel the mass murder of Irishmen is less abhorrant than that of palestinians?

It really annoys you that an Irishman can support Israel and despise the murder of his fellow Irishmen, doesn't it. My family have suffered at the hands of these "heroes", maybe that's why I hold the views I do.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

muppet

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 24, 2013, 06:15:53 PM
All were mass murders carried out in the name of Irish freedom. At the time of all the above, they were condemned by anyone with an ounce of decency. Please explain to me how the mass murder of civilians is justified, or do you feel the mass murder of Irishmen is less abhorrant than that of palestinians?

It really annoys you that an Irishman can support Israel and despise the murder of his fellow Irishmen, doesn't it. My family have suffered at the hands of these "heroes", maybe that's why I hold the views I do.

Eh no. I despise the killng of innocents everywhere at any time. That is my problem with Israel. You can support whatever murders you like, it is a free world.
MWWSI 2017

Ball DeBeaver

Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2013, 06:23:19 PM

Eh no. I despise the killng of innocents everywhere at any time. That is my problem with Israel. You can support whatever murders you like, it is a free world.
Well, can anyone explain how Omagh differs from the atrocities above, and in what time/context it should be taken? I fail to see how mass murder of Irish civilians pre GFA is in any way more justifiable than mass murder post GFA.
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

muppet

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 24, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

Well, can anyone explain how Omagh differs from the atrocities above, and in what time/context it should be taken? I fail to see how mass murder of Irish civilians pre GFA is in any way more justifiable than mass murder post GFA.

I am justifying none of them. Quite the opposite.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Just wondering, would it be ok to remember all who died for independence if we drew a line at 1922? If not why not? Ballbag- have you an issue with the 1916 rising and the war of independence too? I'm wondering should I be ashamed of the Irishmen from that era, no doubt branded as terrorists by the British empire.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on February 24, 2013, 09:00:41 PM
Just wondering, would it be ok to remember all who died for independence if we drew a line at 1922? If not why not? Ballbag- have you an issue with the 1916 rising and the war of independence too? I'm wondering should I be ashamed of the Irishmen from that era, no doubt branded as terrorists by the British empire.

You fit in perfectly. The same out of context history lecture.

Why is it not one single supporter of this pretend proposal can exclude the McCabe killers?
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on February 24, 2013, 09:14:05 PM

You fit in perfectly. The same out of context history lecture.

Why is it not one single supporter of this pretend proposal can exclude the McCabe killers?

It was a question Muppet, one you won't answer it seems. I have no problem excluding people who rob banks and fun down gardai in cold blood. Any chance you'd answer my question?

muppet

You asked am I ashamed to be Irish.

Because I disagree with a stunt from Gerry Adams?

That question is beneath contempt and you should be ashamed of yourself for asking any Irishman that. Who are you to tell me or anyone else how to be Irish?
MWWSI 2017

Ball DeBeaver

Are you proud of everything done in your name, and Irish freedom?
ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

Rossfan

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 24, 2013, 06:55:53 PM

You're some hypocritical ****** . Moaning about killings of civilians by Irish guerillas while supporting the biggest murderers of civilians on the planet the Israeli imperialist racist land grabbing rulers.
Or are we back to the old "hierarchy of victims " trick again ?

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Applesisapples

Adams for all the good work he put in leading to the GFA has become an embarrassing parody. His tweets about gay teddies may have been meant to be humorous, but they are actually patronising and insulting to the gay community. His continued protesting not being an IRA member also impacts on his credibility. Any call for a day to recognise those who gave their lives for Irish freedom is premature as the cause for which so many died has not been realised, due in no small part to the GFA. Furthermore any commemoration of such people would be divisive and to my mind just copying the Orange Order who irrespective of nationalist feelings hold parades to commemorate UDR etc... Sure we can't even agree with ourselves on 1916/22...Take it down from the masts and all that. To get back to Adams, he may well have not been in an active Service Unit but I have no doubt he was involved at some level in the Army Council so any denial is just splitting hairs.

glens abu

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 25, 2013, 11:06:48 AM
Adams for all the good work he put in leading to the GFA has become an embarrassing parody. His tweets about gay teddies may have been meant to be humorous, but they are actually patronising and insulting to the gay community. His continued protesting not being an IRA member also impacts on his credibility. Any call for a day to recognise those who gave their lives for Irish freedom is premature as the cause for which so many died has not been realised, due in no small part to the GFA. Furthermore any commemoration of such people would be divisive and to my mind just copying the Orange Order who irrespective of nationalist feelings hold parades to commemorate UDR etc... Sure we can't even agree with ourselves on 1916/22...Take it down from the masts and all that. To get back to Adams, he may well have not been in an active Service Unit but I have no doubt he was involved at some level in the Army Council so any denial is just splitting hairs.

For Gods sake will you get over yourself.When have you ever heard anyone say they were in the IRA other than those who have served time for being a member of that organisation,a tout like Sean O'Callaghan or barstool Republicans bumming about what they did in the war.

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on February 25, 2013, 05:23:32 AM
You asked am I ashamed to be Irish.

Because I disagree with a stunt from Gerry Adams?

That question is beneath contempt and you should be ashamed of yourself for asking any Irishman that. Who are you to tell me or anyone else how to be Irish?

Here is the question again - Gerry Adams name is not even in it so stop being such a coward and answer it...

Just wondering, would it be ok to remember all who died for independence if we drew a line at 1922? If not why not?

Itchy

Quote from: Ball DeBeaver on February 25, 2013, 07:10:01 AM
Are you proud of everything done in your name, and Irish freedom?

No I am not. At least someone is answering question (me). I ask you the same question that muppet won't answer...

Just wondering, would it be ok to remember all who died for independence if we drew a line at 1922? If not why not?