Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Was on a canvas today in Cookstown and if response on doors anything to go by Francie is a shoe in.Gerry's teddys not mentioned once >:(

muppet

Quote from: glens abu on February 23, 2013, 04:23:54 PM
Was on a canvas today in Cookstown and if response on doors anything to go by Francie is a shoe in.Gerry's teddys not mentioned once >:(

They haven't gone away you know.  ;D
MWWSI 2017

bennydorano

Did you gauge Unionist opinion? With the Unionist Unity candidate and split Nationalist vote it's hardly a foregone conclusion.

glens abu

Quote from: bennydorano on February 23, 2013, 05:00:32 PM
Did you gauge Unionist opinion? With the Unionist Unity candidate and split Nationalist vote it's hardly a foregone conclusion.

No split Nationalist vote that I seen Patsy not mentioned at doors but will prob get his usual 7/8 thousand vote will still leave Francie with plenty to spare,stick your lot on him ;D

Maguire01

@conorspackman: New Red C Poll for Sunday BP has FG on 28% (nc) FF on 26% (+5) SF on 16% (-3) Lab on 12% (+1) and Indies/Others on 18% (-3)

muppet

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 23, 2013, 05:32:07 PM
@conorspackman: New Red C Poll for Sunday BP has FG on 28% (nc) FF on 26% (+5) SF on 16% (-3) Lab on 12% (+1) and Indies/Others on 18% (-3)

Democracy doesn't suit us.
MWWSI 2017

trileacman

Quote from: muppet on February 23, 2013, 05:39:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdfRRtAs3o
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Rossfan

Or them ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tony Baloney

Not exactly spoiled for choice (north or south).

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tubberman on February 23, 2013, 03:00:34 PM
I don't care who/what you bring up from 1916, the War of Independence, the Civil War, 1798, the Cromwellian times, anything.
I wasn't around in those times, I don't have any great knowledge or opinion on what happened then...

Indeed, your ignorance of your own history is blissful, and precisely why your opinion will count for diddly-squat in a decade or two.

Incidentally, enlighten me please as to the last time SF extolled the Republican virtues of the Omagh bombers, or such, that you incessantly bleat on about.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 24, 2013, 02:00:01 AM
I don't care who/what you bring up from 1916, the War of Independence, the Civil War, 1798, the Cromwellian times, anything.
I wasn't around in those times, I don't have any great knowledge or opinion on what happened then...

Indeed, your ignorance of your own history is blissful, and precisely why your opinion will count for diddly-squat in a decade or two.

Incidentally, enlighten me please as to the last time SF extolled the Republican virtues of the Omagh bombers, or such, that you incessantly bleat on about.
But if you want to dedicate a day to "all those who fought for Irish freedom", where do you draw the line? Surely that's the point. If SF want to include those in the PIRA, on what basis can they exclude the dissidents, who also consider themselves as fighting for 'Irish freedom'?

Maguire01

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 23, 2013, 10:15:41 PM

Not exactly spoiled for choice (north or south).
Strange really that no new party has formed in the south. Looks like it's FG or FF leading the government for the forseeable future.

Itchy

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 24, 2013, 08:43:26 AM

But if you want to dedicate a day to "all those who fought for Irish freedom", where do you draw the line? Surely that's the point. If SF want to include those in the PIRA, on what basis can they exclude the dissidents, who also consider themselves as fighting for 'Irish freedom'?

Where does every other country draw the line? Anyway, was listening to a SF rep on the last word and idea was a bit more than remembering those who fought for Irish freedom. It was about celebrating the republic, the ideals of a republic an remembering those who fought for it. Nothing wrong with that unless of course you are looking for problems. Might be best to wait till there are 32 counties in the republic though.

Maguire01

Quote from: Itchy on February 24, 2013, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 24, 2013, 08:43:26 AM

Where does every other country draw the line? Anyway, was listening to a SF rep on the last word and idea was a bit more than remembering those who fought for Irish freedom. It was about celebrating the republic, the ideals of a republic an remembering those who fought for it. Nothing wrong with that unless of course you are looking for problems. Might be best to wait till there are 32 counties in the republic though.
I don't know where every other country draws the line. But this proposal from SF appears to be counting the PIRA as those who 'fought for Irish freedom', and that's clearly going to be an issue for plenty of people. Especially when you could reasonably argue that many of those 'fighting for Irish freedom' in recent history have actually set it back decades.

stephenite

What does this mean?