Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Anybody at it?? From comments on twitter and a brief video there looked to be a very nasty fight in the middle of it but supposedly a crazy entertaining game!!

PMG1

Brilliant game, great value for money, game lasted 2.5 hours which has to be a record.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

OffTheDeck

Horrible row in the middle of the whole thing I'd expect a lot of sanctions to be handed down. Armagh assistant manager involved which was disgusting. Referee lost the run of the game and the row was not in keeping with the tone of the rest of the match. Absolutely cracking game of football nonetheless. If only Tyrone seniors were as exciting to watch

Throw ball

Quote from: OffTheDeck on June 09, 2018, 01:14:12 AM
Horrible row in the middle of the whole thing I'd expect a lot of sanctions to be handed down. Armagh assistant manager involved which was disgusting. Referee lost the run of the game and the row was not in keeping with the tone of the rest of the match. Absolutely cracking game of football nonetheless. If only Tyrone seniors were as exciting to watch

Didn't see him get involved and he shouldn't do so. Sometimes when our children are getting ' special attention ' we do things we shouldn't. Wrong but understandable.

As others have said the row was not in keeping with the rest of the game and it was a great game. It is a shame that the headlines will be the wrong ones and the bandwagon will be full of hearsayers lambasting 2 counties they see as ' always at it. For the rest of us who paid to watch it - it will take a long time to forget how enjoyable it was.

GalwayBayBoy

Declan Bogue didn't seem too impressed by the quality of the fisticuffs anyway.

skeog

Mr Bogue should have been critical of his beloved Fermanagh last week for the dark arts on show.Not the most brightest of journalists.

Aaron Boone

Armagh 2-22 Tyrone 0-24 after extra extra time.

spuds

Quote from: skeog on June 09, 2018, 02:22:45 AM
Mr Bogue should have been critical of his beloved Fermanagh last week for the dark arts on show.Not the most brightest of journalists.
;)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

redzone

Shocking from the stewards. Their job is to keep supporters and non players outside the fence. Comical looking at them in the videos.
Great game and I'd luv to see Armagh win it now.
Big mcquillan was a coward any  time he played against Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Wish Kildare would show that kind of fight. Looking at video, mainly handbags.
#newbridgeornowhere

keeperlit

Great game. Tyrone will be kicking themselves. Had the game won with 30 seconds left of the first extra time periods and in true Tyrone fashion started dishing out sly digs (seen a head butt as well) in an attempt to force ref to blow it up. Fair play to the ref(who had lost a bit of control) who not only restarted game but also allowed enough time for Armagh to get an equaliser. Forget about black cards, that was the perfect punishment for cyncial play. Good game of football and thought that the goal chances spurned by Armagh were going to come back and haunt them. Delighted to see the character and also had the stomach whenever the melee was started.

thewobbler

99% of that melee was horseplay.

Blaming the stewards is out of order. They'll have been half a dozen local club members, not trained door staff.

Real blame lies in the culture in the GAA where players have historically felt that once 4 men are involved, the only honourable things is for everyone to get stuck in.

In fairness the GAA have taken steps to address that with their "third man in" policy this year. But by f**k it's goibg need implemented with iron force in every match, to help railroad this culture.

——

One further idea I would promote here is that the counties (and same in club games) involved are required by sanction to identify the names and addresses of anyone who jumps a fence; with a hefty punishment for not doing so of a four -figure fine and loss of points match.

GAA should then issue civil proceedings against every last person named.

Would be a horrible few years if adjustments and legal issues. But would be worth it in the end.

stephenite

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 09, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

Link please?

Boycey

Quote from: stephenite on June 09, 2018, 09:06:38 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 09, 2018, 07:53:31 AM

Link please?

It's on balls.ie, the woman who's hysterical in the crowd is gas.. Does seem to be mostly harmless but I'm sure there's a few nasty blows in there.

It's not rhe stewards fault  :)