All Ireland final Kilkenny vs Waterford - Call it

Started by The Wedger, September 01, 2008, 08:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2008 All Ireland hurling final?

Kilkenny
Waterford

GalwayBayBoy

I think Kilkenny will pull away to win by 6 or 7 points in the end.

milltown row

i think most us us (bar the Cats) would like to see Waterford do it. but it is more than likely going to be the Cats by 7.

i think you have to marvel at how committed they are. its some achievement to reach three finals in a row and still look as strong as they do. The Cork team of a few years ago were a great team but could not get the three in a row, Kilkenny seem to be a shoe in.

no ticket as yet but i'll be down and should get a ticket in one of the many watering holes outside Croke.

Two Hands FFS

Kilkenny to be too strong. Kilkenny by 6. Should be a cracker

Ticket sorted   ;)

magickingdom

INDIANA

absolutely reillers, kilkenny will panic, the greatest team of modern times will panic at the sight of waterford trying to win their first since the 50's. Are you having a laugh?Waterford will throw the kitchen sink at them but will still lose by 5. i'd love to see waterford win, but i just can't see how they can. just look at the kilkenny bench.

dodo

GaillimhIarthair

As with most neutrals, I would love to see Waterford win on Sunday as there are a few players in that side that really deserve a celtic cross before they hang up the boots.  Unfortunately they are playing the best hurling team of the modern era, and possibly ever.  Kilkenny by 5 or 6.

Galforever

Kilkenny are a real class team so its awfully hard to go against them. I would say that about 11 of the Kilkenny team are good enough to start on the Waterford team (Plus a few of their subs)

But they have to have a bad day some time and I think the lack of real tests this year may be what tips this in Waterfords favour. I can also see Shanahan having a good game because he played damn wel in the semi despite what some journalists would have you believe. He set up a lot of scores (Just because hes not on the end of moves doesnt mean he has played badly) and I can see him having a key role. Sure, not the form of last year but still playing well and has been improving with every game this year

I was never into the whole Ken McGrath full back thing but its a shame that we didnt see a McGrath/Corbett battle in the semi and now we wont see a McGrath/Shefflin battle in the final (assuming Shefflin is at full-forward)

How are tickets going for this? I remember hearing after last years final that there were a lot still knocking about on the day. If thats the case, I wouldnt mind wandering down on the off chance.

Lecale2

As widely predicted Waterford have named an unchanged team. A bit of luck for them having everyone available for the final.

I'd say tickets will be a lot harder to come by this year than last.

theskull1

First timers have it all to do in any final appearance, so when your facing the best team in the land who have been looking solid all year, I don't hold out any hope for a waterford victory. Players like Mullane & Kelly especially are not steady eddies and like most forwards they thrive on opertunity but they won't have anywhere near the same time and space on the ball that they would want, so I reckon that they could wilt under the intense pressure from both the KK defense and the occasion itself.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

billy the kid

Going to tip Waterford because because I really want them to win and refuse to believe any different.

Honestly I have a sneaky feeling that they will do it but I am aware they are prob going to need to have the best game of their season by a long way with E Kelly Mullane and Shanahan stepping up to the plate big time and stop Kilkenny imposing their game (which is going to be a serious ask) and they need to cut out the Cats goal chances especially early in each half when they love to pounce the most.  If you dont believe it will never happen.  (thats my theory anyway but im still waiting on my lottery win)
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Dinny Breen

Too much hype around this Kilkenny team, have beaten nobody en route, Cork are a spent force, Waterford to win by 2.
#newbridgeornowhere

SLIGONIAN

Kilkenny 2-19 Waterford 4-16

Yes im expecting a cracker, I always predict with my heart but really hope the deise do it.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Ash Smoker

There is a lot more hope for Waterford here than in the bookies or the media.  ;D