All Ireland final Kilkenny vs Waterford - Call it

Started by The Wedger, September 01, 2008, 08:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2008 All Ireland hurling final?

Kilkenny
Waterford

The Wedger

EddieMerx

The Cats by more than 5.

*waits for AZ to do a SWOT analysis on both sides, followed by a conclusion involving scenarios where both could win, with a final judgement of the Cats by a few points* ;)

Canalman

Kilkenny by minimum of 8 points. Far too much class in their subs bench.

We will be "treated to" alot of :-

1 Fist clenching and crest kissing to the crowd after each Waterford point

2 Davy Fitz contorting inside himself trying to look composed (Will not last however)

3 Waterford ladies jostling in the stands  for position towards the end of the game if Wd are still in it to throw a baby American Football style on to the pitch to any one of the Wd players

4 The sight of tattoos galore/bare chests.

5 The Waterford full back line being run ragged.

Having said all that I would like to see Waterford win it despite their imo shabby treatment of Justin McCarthy.

AZOffaly

Quote from: EddieMerx on September 01, 2008, 01:01:48 PM
The Cats by more than 5.

*waits for AZ to do a SWOT analysis on both sides, followed by a conclusion involving scenarios where both could win, with a final judgement of the Cats by a few points* ;)

Give me a while :D

thejuice

Really looking forward to it. I get the feeling it may be like the Cork-Kilkenny semi, where Waterford will run out of gas trying to stay with the Cats. Hope not, would love to see ná Déise win it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

The handicap is Kilkenny 10/11 (-5) More to the point does anyone have any spare tickets about?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Whitehair

Like most, would love to see Waterford win but fancy Kilkenny by 5. Got my ticket sorted tonight, few of us heading down on Saturday so it should be a great weekend! ;D

Minder

Quote from: Whitehair on September 01, 2008, 11:01:57 PM
Like most, would love to see Waterford win but fancy Kilkenny by 5. Got my ticket sorted tonight, few of us heading down on Saturday so it should be a great weekend! ;D

Aye there is a few of us heading from North Antrim, tickets are being sourced at the minute. Hit Kilmacud Sevens about noon and on the beer all day.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

didlyi

A win for waterford would rival anything seen in croke Park for many years. The fact that they have suffered so much defeat and gave so much entertainment makes it all the more intruiging. Heres hoping for a KK off day or a something very special from Waterford to give us a day to remember. Still my head says KK by 2.

Reillers

I think, the likelihood is that KK will win. But I'm going to say Waterford, because I honestly believe that they can win it.
I think Waterford will want it more, I think despite all this 3 in a row talk, I think Waterford might just catch KK and all of us on the hop. An important factor in the game is how well Waterford will respond to KK's tactics..if, especially with the likes of Mullane on the pitch who we know has a very short fuse, if they don't take well to it I think we'll see a sending off or two. 
I think it'll be tit for tat for a lot of the game but at the end one team will win by like 2 to about 4 or 5 points depending on how many goals will be scored.
But I think, Waterford by 2. I just have a feeling KK will panic.

Lecale2

Quote from: Reillers on September 03, 2008, 05:26:33 PM

But I think, Waterford by 2. I just have a feeling KK will panic.

I hope you're right but I can't see it. Kilkenny by 7-8 for me.

winsamsoon

Waterford to hold them up till the last ten and Kilkenny to wreck the net and win it by 3. Shefflin the scorer. Anyone know where i could get the paws on two spare tickets ??? ???
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

seafoid

Waterford via an inhuman effort. For f"ck's sake, it's well past time.
There hasn't been a romantic result in this fixture for 10 years.

Kilkenny don't need any more all Irelands until next century anyway.   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU