AI series (Qualifiers)

Started by johnneycool, June 23, 2014, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

http://www.clarechampion.ie/davy-and-champion-reporter-clash/

Sounds like there would have been a good contest here if it had been allowed to develop. Davy's father isn't soft.

orangeman

Looking at Peter O'Connell's Twitter account, he is still stirring the pot. There could be a good scrap some of these evenings round Sixmilebridge or Clarecastle. My money is on Davy although O'Connell wasn't running away last Saturday in the tunnel.

AZOffaly

When Davy wins, it's all great. When he loses he's an embarrassment.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 12, 2014, 09:02:45 PM
Tipp 5-25 Offaly 1-20.
Offaly conceded 2 goals in the first couple of minutes, were down by 10 at half time. Got it back to 4 points with 20 minutes to go before Tipp upped it again.
Corbett and Callanan did serious damage on the scoreboard - 2 goals each and Offaly never got to grips with them.

Wildweasel74

G what where the bets the Clare footballers would be in longer than the Hurlers

imtommygunn

Poor old davy and the adversity. Paranoid man.

Roashter

How did Tipperary manage to get home advantage against Dublin?

I thought this stage of the qualifiers was supposed to be neutral.

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 14, 2014, 12:46:31 AM
Poor old davy and the adversity. Paranoid man.

Well he's going to have a go at St Ger Lock now as well who IMO rightly criticised the way Clare tackle and lack of discipline in the tackle. The referees have been clamping down on it and rightly so but as Kilkenny tackle in a similar manner it'll be interesting how the referees approach that one with Cody along the line.

FWIW there must be a derth of intercounty referees about as all we see is Barry Kelly's boat race, he was doing the line on Saturday night and yet again intervened to Clares detriment, rightly or wrongly.

I think running the line could be a way of bringing in lesser referees into the top level rather than referees who already get plenty of game time.

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnneycool on July 15, 2014, 09:13:29 AM

FWIW there must be a derth of intercounty referees about as all we see is Barry Kelly's boat race, he was doing the line on Saturday night and yet again intervened to Clares detriment, rightly or wrongly.

Fair play to him for being pro-active and getting involved though. Better that than the attitude of the umpires, who missed a blatant square ball and as a group seem to have as much interest as the lad holding the stop/go sign at a roadworks site.

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Roashter on July 15, 2014, 09:04:38 AM
Garth Brooks!

This game will mark the end of Anthony Daly spell over Dublin.  There is a delicious irony that Tipp will be the ones to finish him off, 17 years after his taunting of us from the victory podium.

I hope we don't get a repeat of the scenes the last time Dublin travelled in numbers to Thurles, with half of them getting lost along the way.

johnneycool

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 15, 2014, 01:42:39 PM
Garth Brooks!

This game will mark the end of Anthony Daly spell over Dublin.  There is a delicious irony that Tipp will be the ones to finish him off, 17 years after his taunting of us from the victory podium.

I hope we don't get a repeat of the scenes the last time Dublin travelled in numbers to Thurles, with half of them getting lost along the way.

The last time Tipp played in Croke Park, their fans must have thought the team on the pitch got lost somewhere along the way with the way they played.

As expected Tipp now back in the race after finishing off a tired and depleted Galway and then a way off the pace Offaly.

Dublin will be a very different proposition to those two teams and Tipp will need to step up a few gears to stay in the running.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 17, 2014, 09:29:08 AM
Garth Brooks!

The last time Tipp played in Croke Park, their fans must have thought the team on the pitch got lost somewhere along the way with the way they played.

As expected Tipp now back in the race after finishing off a tired and depleted Galway and then a way off the pace Offaly.

Dublin will be a very different proposition to those two teams and Tipp will need to step up a few gears to stay in the running.

Dublin would need to look at their tactics in view of how they played against Kilkenny, was surprised they didn't change it sooner, was this a ploy? I don't know. Would teams prefer to go down the qualifiers route rather than wait 6 weeks till semis?

This Dublin team showed a lot more to their hurling than the performance last time out, the game seemed to (well from watching it on tv) be very slow. Anyways as you have said Tipp can't go into this game thinking it's only Dublin, can't see Dublin playing as bad and with the intensity (or lack of) next time out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2014, 10:03:26 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on July 17, 2014, 09:29:08 AM
Garth Brooks!

Dublin would need to look at their tactics in view of how they played against Kilkenny, was surprised they didn't change it sooner, was this a ploy? I don't know. Would teams prefer to go down the qualifiers route rather than wait 6 weeks till semis?

This Dublin team showed a lot more to their hurling than the performance last time out, the game seemed to (well from watching it on tv) be very slow. Anyways as you have said Tipp can't go into this game thinking it's only Dublin, can't see Dublin playing as bad and with the intensity (or lack of) next time out

I can never understand Daly and his tactics at times, he over complicates it too much IMO.

I bet he'll want to deploy a sweeper in front of Callinan and Corbett, but in Kelly and Schutte they've probably two of the best defenders to go toe to toe with Tipps deadly duo leaving an even number out the field to restrict the supply and quality into them.
Kilkenny killed them by having Tyrrell picking out his forwards at will due to their defensive set up and leaving a man spare. This Tipp defence isn't great and will concede big scores if enough ball comes in, but leave them a spare man and they'll follow the KK model and negate the covering defender.

Come on Antony, show a bit of confidence and line them out 15 on 15, they're good enough for it.

orangeman

The hurling has been brilliant so far this year. Wexford and Waterford played out a thriller. Wexford and Limerick now.

BenDover

Just won a couple of tickets for this weekend's games in Thurles. Could I take the young boys along as well? How much would I be looking at for admittance they're 5 & 1?