AI series (Qualifiers)

Started by johnneycool, June 23, 2014, 09:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Tipperary lads are gas. Everything is rosy in the garden now because of a late surge against a knackered team. When they beat Offaly they'll be on the road to an All Ireland. Then Kilkenny or someone will beat them, and Eamonn O'Shea will be disemboweled in Liberty Square.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 08, 2014, 11:17:21 AM
That last 20 minutes against Galway felt as good as the closing minutes against the Cats when we stopped the 5 in a row. 2-10 to 0-1 we outscored them by.
Pity the ref didn't add on another 20!  8)

Long time no see. Jumping back on the ould bandwagon, eh? Looking forward to reading your boastful sh!te for a few weeks before you vanish without a trace after Tipp's next beating.  ;)

Rossfan

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 08, 2014, 11:22:17 AM
, that would mean Tipperary will be playing Dublin.
Probably now in Croker as a neutral venue to stop the Tipp lads getting all their games at home. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mouview

That last 20 minutes against Galway felt as good as the closing minutes against the Cats when we stopped the 5 in a row. 2-10 to 0-1 we outscored them by.

Glad it made you happy. Personally, I'm always thrilled when we beat Cork or KK, or even Clare, one of the big counties. Beating Tipp is just... meh.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on July 09, 2014, 09:45:06 PM

Glad it made you happy. Personally, I'm always thrilled when we beat Cork or KK, or even Clare, one of the big counties. Beating Tipp is just... meh.
Waterford, the dubs or KK but not Tipp

johnneycool

Will Wexford give Clare their fill of it on Saturday evening or will the U-21's playing on wednesday and Clares hope for an improved performance see them over the line.

Wee Liam Dunne has Wexford motoring rightly and if they can keep some of those young lads going till the end then they might just do it, McDonald and Liam Ryan, the U-21 fullback look to be the real deal.

Clare are still a bit jaded to me and are stumbling along, not sure for how long though!!

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnneycool on July 11, 2014, 12:27:39 PM
Will Wexford give Clare their fill of it on Saturday evening or will the U-21's playing on wednesday and Clares hope for an improved performance see them over the line.

Wee Liam Dunne has Wexford motoring rightly and if they can keep some of those young lads going till the end then they might just do it, McDonald and Liam Ryan, the U-21 fullback look to be the real deal.

Clare are still a bit jaded to me and are stumbling along, not sure for how long though!!
Great to see Wexford going so well. I thought they were sliding into obscurity a couple of years ago but they're back, and in an era where no team looks that outstanding, could be challenging for an All-Ireland soon.

deiseach

Yeah, Wexford's revival is a real bonus for hurling. I was wondering whether winning the Leinster Under-21 title last year was a fluke. Doesn't look that way, which is great. One of the most invigorating games I was ever at was a qualifier against Wexford in Nowlan Park in 2003. They gave us a right kicking in the end, but it was a vision of what the championship in the back door era might be. New rivalries, new venues, new memories. Wouldn't mind revisiting that!

(Their new kit is just wrong though.)

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on July 11, 2014, 02:10:08 PM
Yeah, Wexford's revival is a real bonus for hurling. I was wondering whether winning the Leinster Under-21 title last year was a fluke. Doesn't look that way, which is great. One of the most invigorating games I was ever at was a qualifier against Wexford in Nowlan Park in 2003. They gave us a right kicking in the end, but it was a vision of what the championship in the back door era might be. New rivalries, new venues, new memories. Wouldn't mind revisiting that!

(Their new kit is just wrong though.)

Its not a wrong as that washed out looking Gaelic Gear mess they had back in the 00'ies

johnneycool

Its hard to look past Tipp in the other qualifier as Offaly are a good bit behind the rest of the remaining teams.

a big margin may gloss over some of Tipps weaknesses as I see Paudie back on the edge of the square!!

They really need to find a No.3 before a tougher challenge arises and Paudie isn't the answer.

Oh, Derry and Antrim do battle in Owenbeg, Antrim seem to be resting a few, should still have enough for Derry although no one gives as shit about this any more.

Asal Mor

Quote from: johnneycool on July 11, 2014, 03:23:31 PM

a big margin may gloss over some of Tipps weaknesses as I see Paudie back on the edge of the square!!

They really need to find a No.3 before a tougher challenge arises and Paudie isn't the answer.
Pretty surprising. He's the best wing-back in the country and can dominate a game from there. Even if he does ok at full-back they lose too much by placing him there.

orangeman

You'd hate to be a ref or a journalist this evening, especially if Clare get bate. Clare down to 13. Davy's blood pressure through the roof.

orangeman

Wexford hit the front ! Send for the Gardai.

From the Bunker

Jez Wexford are shite. Can't beat 13? Fair due to Claire. Back to 15 now!

orangeman

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 12, 2014, 06:34:20 PM
Jez Wexford are shite. Can't beat 13? Fair due to Claire. Back to 15 now!

Wexford couldn't believe the situation they were in and seemed to wilt under the pressure. Clare with 15 will be hard to beat now. Liam Dunne's face before the last 65 went over seemed to me to say " if this goes over we're cooked".

Great excitement.