all ireland championship

Started by deise boy, June 20, 2011, 11:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deise boy

great to see so many teams doin well this year dublin luck the business so far lets see can they keep goin the business end of the championship limerick gave waterford a big scare in munster and clare put it right up to tipp. can tipp be toppled this year who thinks they can how will the cats do?

Forever Green

I think Dublin will give the cats a game but kilkenny will win the leinster final by a few points. Imo it is Tipperarys to lose this year with them beating Kilkenny in the final. Clare will be the surprise package in the qualifiers with Galway looking very uninspiring so far

johnneycool

Quote from: Forever Green on June 20, 2011, 11:16:49 PM
I think Dublin will give the cats a game but kilkenny will win the leinster final by a few points. Imo it is Tipperarys to lose this year with them beating Kilkenny in the final. Clare will be the surprise package in the qualifiers with Galway looking very uninspiring so far

Injuries and suspension may catch up with Dublin mores the pity, but they'll give the Cats a right good rattle and even if they do get beat will be a handful for anyone else later on.

deiseach

Dublin are on the brink of something huge. Zulu and INDIANA will be (even more) insufferable ;)

Zulu

Hey, hey, heyyyy, don't lump me in with the Dubs, I ain't one of them. :D :D On the Dubs themselves, I wasn't that impressed with them last Saturday, great work rate and heart but they never put away a very poor, rudderless Galway team which would concern me (if I were a dub of course). I have a feeling they may be a good team but one unlikely to win an AI in the next couple of years anyway.

deiseach

Quote from: Zulu on June 21, 2011, 12:28:06 PM
Hey, hey, heyyyy, don't lump me in with the Dubs, I ain't one of them. :D :D On the Dubs themselves, I wasn't that impressed with them last Saturday, great work rate and heart but they never put away a very poor, rudderless Galway team which would concern me (if I were a dub of course). I have a feeling they may be a good team but one unlikely to win an AI in the next couple of years anyway.

No? My humblest apologies :-\

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on June 21, 2011, 11:04:00 AM
Dublin are on the brink of something huge. Zulu and INDIANA will be (even more) insufferable ;)
I think Dublin could have Mayo league/championship syndrome. Great up to June but nowhere afterwards.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

Quote from: seafoid on June 21, 2011, 01:03:12 PM
Quote from: deiseach on June 21, 2011, 11:04:00 AM
I think Dublin could have Mayo league/championship syndrome. Great up to June but nowhere afterwards.

Football is different. There's always going to be a half-dozen or so teams wth realistic summer ambitions. In hurling in recent years it's fallen as low as one. Then again, I look at Galway . . . ;)

Gold

If Antrim beat Carlow are we in the 1/4 finals?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Forever Green

Quote from: Gold on June 21, 2011, 06:30:15 PM
If Antrim beat Carlow are we in the 1/4 finals?

No, we go into phase 3 of the qualifiers to play to play the one of the semi finals losers in the provincial championships i think. Not too sure on the format tbh

Gold

Unfortunetly Down aren't one of the eligible semi final losers we could play! (if we overcome Carlow)
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."