2011 u-21 hurling Championship

Started by spuds, June 08, 2011, 02:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 17, 2011, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 17, 2011, 03:00:52 PM
Quote from: Reillers on July 16, 2011, 08:28:36 PM
I'm not spending any more time on this subject with "both" of you.

Cork also beat Tipp last year, it means nothing in the long run.

Galway didn't turn up against Dublin, they didn't even get on the bus, they were that bad. They got a kick up the ass and destroyed Cork, and deserved it.

Had the Galway team that played Cork showed that form against Dublin than we probably wouldn't be looking at the same results.

This has nothing to do with the Dublin team, or Galway, or Cork seniors for that matter. God forbid either of you give a team that has been falling just short of these results in the past finally come good.

If one of you (I'm sure you will somehow figure it out) are that desperate to whine about it, you can pm me.

The facts are Reillers we beat Galway and you didnt. Whether they turned up, stayed on the bus, went on a pilgrimage , or went on the piss - the facts are we comfortably beat them.

We may/may not beat Limerick next weekend. But myself and Heffo sure as to hell wont be using the same excuses you do when it comes to Cork

This has nothing to do with this topic though, so God knows why you and heffo (what a coincidence that yet again you've posted one after the other) are still whining at me weeks later.

Because you said that until Dublin beat a 'serious' team (I think you may have even included Cork in that group) they won't be taken seriously - when I pointed out to you that we beat Galway, you didn't post for two weeks then put a disclaimer on your post.

Corcaigh2011

Quote from: heffo on July 17, 2011, 08:08:59 PM

Galway didn't turn up against Dublin, they didn't even get on the bus, they were that bad. They got a kick up the ass and destroyed Cork, and deserved it.

Have i missed something, have Dublin being winning all irelands or something over the last 5/10/15/20 etc years at any grade of hurling because winning their first championship matrches in around 15 years has them talking as though their some sort of superpower. Its only this year they have strung together 2 championship wins in hurilng ffs.............

heffo

Quote from: Corcaigh2011 on July 18, 2011, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: heffo on July 17, 2011, 08:08:59 PM

Have i missed something, have Dublin being winning all irelands or something over the last 5/10/15/20 etc years at any grade of hurling because winning their first championship matrches in around 15 years has them talking as though their some sort of superpower. Its only this year they have strung together 2 championship wins in hurilng ffs.............

It would appear you have missed something alright - go and read the threads again Reillers.

Then come back to me with something to reference your claim that 'they've' been talking about being a superpower.

Roashter

Does anyone know the venue for the Munster final?

I'm pretty sure that all counties have agreed a home & away agreement for a final on Wednesday night, but I don't know where Cork last played Clare or Limerick. Can anyone here remember?

Minder

Derry unable to field tomorrow night against Antrim, sad state of affairs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AQMP

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2011, 07:57:36 PM

Indeed Minder, not great when a county can't field for a provincial semi final.  On a more positive note well done again to Armagh whose U21s qualified for the Ulster final by beating Down 1-11 to 0-10.  Antrim v Armagh final.

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on July 21, 2011, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2011, 07:57:36 PM

Indeed Minder, not great when a county can't field for a provincial semi final.  On a more positive note well done again to Armagh whose U21s qualified for the Ulster final by beating Down 1-11 to 0-10.  Antrim v Armagh final.

From a Down perspective you get out of it what you put into it. We put in SFA and got our just rewards.
The team trained only twice with one clubs training impinging on a session meaning only a half dozen turned up and the next session was in a week where a lot of the players played three games with their clubs.

disaster from start to finish and I don't blame the lad foisted into manage them one iota.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Fair play to Armagh. They deserve it. As a Derry man who lived in Armagh I am delighted for them but totally ashamed for us and how hurling has ended upin our county.

Minder

Armagh leading by 1 against Antrim with about 5 to go. Would be some shock if they held on.

heffo

Antrim won by two in the end. Dubs v Antrim in Newry I'd imagine.

Commiserations to Armagh - evidently great work going on there.

AFS

Had a five point lead at one stage tonight, but just couldn't hold on. Six of the eight clubs in the county represented on the team, so good work going on across the board. Would've been great to get a crack at one of the big teams, even if it would've ended in a hiding.

Minder

Quote from: AFS on July 27, 2011, 10:45:38 PM
Had a five point lead at one stage tonight, but just couldn't hold on. Six of the eight clubs in the county represented on the team, so good work going on across the board. Would've been great to get a crack at one of the big teams, even if it would've ended in a hiding.

Is going to end in a hiding for Antrim anyway.

AZOffaly

Heading into the Munster U21 Final tonight. Should be a good game. I'd like to see Limerick win to keep the momentum going, but Cork looked good against Tipp.

imtommygunn

On TG4 now...

Aidan Walsh looks as good a hurler as a footballer here. Not all one way traffic mind but Cork look that wee bit better.

Sean Og on pundit duty - the question is wil he be doing that during the senior next year?!

imtommygunn