All Ireland Club Championship Betting

Started by tc09731, February 08, 2011, 08:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2011, 04:23:24 PM
Gaels were outstanding for the first 28 minutes but must be wondering WTF happened in those closing minutes to lose the game. Having started really well i
I thought Clarinbridge were going to get hammered but to their credit and the managers credit also they turned it around.

Goals win finals and so it proved yesterday it spurred them on in the last moments  of the first half and killed the Gaels off in the second.

Playing Alan Kerins around the middle paid of, for he won a lot of ball and used it really well. The right half back for the Bridge (no.5) was having a stormer in the first half when his team mates were lost. While the game was over with 15 minutes to go they it was still some game to be fair. the running stickwork of the Galway boys was top class.

Final note, really pleased that Alan Kerins has now got himself two All Ireland medals at different codes he will go down as one of the beset dual players after achieving this in a time when the dual players at this level anyway are dying off.

who did he win the football with, Corofin ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 18, 2011, 04:42:35 PM
Gaels were outstanding for the first 28 minutes but must be wondering WTF happened in those closing minutes to lose the game. Having started really well i
I thought Clarinbridge were going to get hammered but to their credit and the managers credit also they turned it around.

Goals win finals and so it proved yesterday it spurred them on in the last moments  of the first half and killed the Gaels off in the second.

Playing Alan Kerins around the middle paid of, for he won a lot of ball and used it really well. The right half back for the Bridge (no.5) was having a stormer in the first half when his team mates were lost. While the game was over with 15 minutes to go they it was still some game to be fair. the running stickwork of the Galway boys was top class.

Final note, really pleased that Alan Kerins has now got himself two All Ireland medals at different codes he will go down as one of the beset dual players after achieving this in a time when the dual players at this level anyway are dying off.

Salthill.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 18, 2011, 04:54:33 PM

Salthill.

ah yes, forgot about them 1n 2006. Cheers
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 18, 2011, 05:09:09 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 18, 2011, 04:54:33 PM

Salthill.

ah yes, forgot about them 1n 2006. Cheers

Don't remind me :( :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mouview

Kerins?  Mmm, not really a great footballer in fairness; his effectiveness with the big ball was mainly down to his fitness and mobility. One journo described him as being central to Salthill's win in '06 - he got a bad clout on the jaw and had to retire with suspected concussion at HT, if memory serves!  Fair play to him though, great achievements for him and all the 'Bridge lads. Tomas Mannion who also represented Galway at both codes in senior grade was probably a bit better of a hurler than Kerins was a footballer.

Milltown Row2

Look any lad that wins an All senior for his club and county at football and a All Ireland club hurling medal is a goodin. Considering the man is 34 years of age and still able to run about like a youngster is fantastic
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: mouview on March 19, 2011, 11:29:40 PM
Kerins?  Mmm, not really a great footballer in fairness; his effectiveness with the big ball was mainly down to his fitness and mobility. One journo described him as being central to Salthill's win in '06 - he got a bad clout on the jaw and had to retire with suspected concussion at HT, if memory serves!  Fair play to him though, great achievements for him and all the 'Bridge lads. Tomas Mannion who also represented Galway at both codes in senior grade was probably a bit better of a hurler than Kerins was a footballer.

No doubt Alam Kerins was a far better hurler than a footballer but still a fantastic achievement for him. Pity he didn't complete the set and win a senior hurling AI with Galway but he gave his all for the cause. When Galway lost to Cork in the 2005 final he was Galway's best player on the day and gave John Gardiner a torrid afternoon.