All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

youbetterbelieveit

I might aswell start a thread on this, it is really getting down the the business end of the competition, Ulster and Connacht are already completed and both Munster and Leinster are down to the provincial finals.

Here is a summary

Ulster          - Cushendall (Antrim)
Connacht     - Portumna (Galway)
Leinster       - Birr (Offaly) or Ballyhale Shamrocks (Kilkenny)
Munster       - De la Salle (Waterford) or Adare (Limerick)

The last six has a very familiar look, with only the Musnter pairing have a novel pairing,

Minder

Is it Leinster v Connacht & Ulster v Munster?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

billy the kid

It is indeed, The fact the munster champions are not going to be a traditional powerhouse should help the Dall mentally, but in saying that they will obviously be some team if they are Munster club champions.

Who do yous fancy for the Leinster and Munster finals?

Would love to see Birr and De La Salle win, but think Ballyhale will win Leinster and other one will be toss of a coin.

If I were putting money on - Ballyhale & De La Salle.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

milltown row

i'd said ages ago that the Munster competition was wide open, Adare were 40/1 to win the all ireland club. and they'd be a great each way bet as they would be playing the Ulster Winners. i hope the Dall prove me wrong though, but it seemed good value at the time

watched De La Salle in the Waterford final and they were piss poor, slow and lucky enough to win. didn't see the Sarsfields game so cant comment but would think that the limerick team has come through the toughest draw. makes for a good final. any dates and times fro this game? Adare v De La Salle

the colonel

i think the game is next sun 30th in thurles, according to the ruairiog.com site
the difference between success and failure is energy

bredaghexile

i wouldnt be too quick to write of the dall in the semis i know they wouldnt be as strong as their counterparts (on paper anyway) but on their they'd be able to match anyone just look at ballygalget a couple of years ago newtownshandrum (i know i've mis-spelt it - you all probably know im referring to ben o'connors club) only beat them by a point. if the dall same injury free in the lead up then they will be able to give it a hell of a lash

Lecale2

Bookies have La Salle favorites for Munster but like Milltown R I'd fancy Adare.
Is everybody writting Portumna off for the All Ireland?

Minder

Cushendall would need to find better consistency from their forwards if they are to do anything in the semis.

youbetterbelieveit

I have played against Adare numerous times over the year, and I would definitely say they are beatable, They rely heavily on Conor Fitzgerald for scores (frees mainly) and Donnacha Sheehan is really the other forward of note. Mark Foley is hurling very well for them, but at his age it is hard to see how he can dominate a whole match at all ireland series level.

I would expect De la Salle to beat them, if John Mullane turns up on the day.

Its a toss up between Ballyhale(if/when they beat Birr) and Portumma, that will be a cracking semi final

milltown row

i thinking Adare but my predictions have been seriously shite this year. getting old :'(

Munster teams have been poor since Newtownshandrum were at their height. Ballygalget should have beaten them. better half of the draw for Cushendall but has posters have noticed . if McNaughton is caged up then they will struggle. against Loughrea they played poorly and let themselves down. hopefully they are at full fitness and stay of the liquor. these things don't come around too often

Sean3

I'd probably go for De La Salle. Sarsfields were a good team playing at home. I like the look of Wayne McNamara in the middle of the pitch for Adare. I can't recall him playing for Limerick. Is he on the panel?

milltown row

dont know is he the one with ginger hair who played this year? he's rubbish for that standard. seen him throw the ball up a few times and miss ::) and i seen him playing fot LIT also, a bit reckless

youbetterbelieveit

Ya he was playing for Limerick this year, it was his first year on the panel, and played a part in both the Tipp and Offaly games, it was a year to forget for Limerick hurling, so don't be surprised you dont remember him. Can't say I would rate him too high.

youngfella

All-Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2009
Outright Betting
Ballyhale Shamrocks    8 - 11
Portumna    5 - 2
De La Salle    7 - 1
Adare    9 - 1
Birr    18 - 1
Cushendall    28 - 1

according to paddy power. The dall could be worth a tenner if i had a tenner
Pull hard and early

Minder

Quote from: youngfella on November 21, 2008, 03:13:45 PM
All-Ireland Club Hurling Championship 2009
Outright Betting
Ballyhale Shamrocks    8 - 11
Portumna    5 - 2
De La Salle    7 - 1
Adare    9 - 1
Birr    18 - 1
Cushendall    28 - 1

according to paddy power. The dall could be worth a tenner if i had a tenner

They really wouldnt Youngfella, i wouldnt put a penny on anyone outside Ballyhale or Portumna. Bookies love that old "worth a tenner" on a 28/1 shot in what will be a four horse race.