The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2017, 02:34:18 PM
Two Connacht teams contested yesterdays AI QF. Not a Connacht commentator in sight (I lie, Michael Lyster)! Instead we had the three Stooges. Co-commentary was from a Derry man. The lack of a Connacht commentator is a real gripe with me. Where is O'Hara? Connacht men always understand local Connacht rivalry better.
Who was the Derry man?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Esmarelda on August 08, 2017, 02:41:00 PM
Two Connacht teams contested yesterdays AI QF. Not a Connacht commentator in sight (I lie, Michael Lyster)! Instead we had the three Stooges. Co-commentary was from a Derry man. The lack of a Connacht commentator is a real gripe with me. Where is O'Hara? Connacht men always understand local Connacht rivalry better.
Who was the Derry man?

Apologies Donegal man!

dublin7

Considering you could have had Martin Carney I wouldn't be complaining. He has got the All Ireland final the last few years and should let go by RTE. The man hasn't got a clue what's going on a lot of the time and can't relate to modern day football

RedHand88

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 07, 2017, 11:47:57 PM
Just watched today's SG or is it MG and laughed at the end at Brolly and ORourke standing up for the teams that cant make it to the Super Eights each year.
Yes that's right, EVERY single team including NY and London all have an equal chance of making it to the last eight, where they THEN become The Super Eight. The top eight teams in the championship.
But No. Derry and Meath can't get that far in recent years because teams like Armagh, Tipperary, Clare, Galway, Monaghan, Donegal are ELITE and get more money or GAA support than they do.
Anyway. What was more funny was Lyster finally let Spillane speak who strangely I found myself agreeing with and at the end of his point he squeezed Brollys knee who looked at him as of to say F##k off ya Kerry c%%t whilst wearing his funeral shirt and tie.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was watching the end of the Sky coverage of Tyrone game. Not sure who commentator was but he said its the first time Tyrone have got to the semi final without the back door or words to that affect.
I've been drinking some lovely French wine whilst on holiday so thought I'd better listen again and yes that's what he said.

Yes TSG make some balls up but to come out with that line is unreal.

I noticed that too. Said theyve never won the all ireland through the front door. Was a boo boo on their part.

AZOffaly

I like the Sky coverage generally, but whoever was on that commentary team were shite. They had less understanding of the black card rule than Martin Carney, and that's saying something.

Main Street

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 08, 2017, 02:54:28 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on August 08, 2017, 02:41:00 PM
Who was the Derry man?

Apologies Donegal man!
That must have been Kevin who?

seafoid

Maybe they figured it would be a waste of time
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ballinaman

Quote from: dublin7 on August 08, 2017, 02:57:32 PM

Considering you could have had Martin Carney I wouldn't be complaining. He has got the All Ireland final the last few years and should let go by RTE. The man hasn't got a clue what's going on a lot of the time and can't relate to modern day football

Martin Carney was doing co commentary for Mid West Radio.

They announced about 20 mins before throw in that Keegan wasn't starting...

Carney then proceeded to go through the team just before throw in and said "Lee Keegan at 6"

FFS.  >:(

macdanger2

I thought Donal óg was decent on match analysis today, streets ahead of the shite we get for the football

stringbean

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 13, 2017, 09:33:02 PM
I thought Donal óg was decent on match analysis today, streets ahead of the shite we get for the football
Have to agree - he was on the ball calling out the football coverage from the 00s. Loughnane and Shefflin were fairly on the back foot.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

RTE missed out on not getting Tommy Walsh, a far better Kilkenny pundit than Shefflin.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 13, 2017, 11:20:02 PM
RTE missed out on not getting Tommy Walsh, a far better Kilkenny pundit than Shefflin.

He's brilliant.
#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2017, 08:15:58 AM

He's brilliant.
Mr Jackie Tee is excellent as well..
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on August 14, 2017, 08:40:55 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 14, 2017, 08:15:58 AM

He's brilliant.
Mr Jackie Tee is excellent as well..

Jackie in his dapper suits knows how to keep his profile high, the odd wee controversial comment but by and large he's on the button and not afraid to speak of the "dark arts" he and his fellow defenders in Kilkenny would have dabbled in when the need arose.

macdanger2

Just watching TSG, two inaccuracies in the first ten minutes - "mayo haven't beaten Kerry in 25 years" from Lyster and "mayo changed their FB for the replay, Brendan Harrison came in to the team" from Brolly

Do these lads do any research at all?  :o