China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: thewobbler on December 03, 2020, 07:22:02 PM
Anyone else think that the closure of "wet" pubs means the opening of house party central?

Again I don't really get everything opening up except "wet pubs". Same way I didn't get everything closing down except, X, Y, Z

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 03, 2020, 08:35:46 PM
Anyone else think that the closure of "wet" pubs means the opening of house party central?

Again I don't really get everything opening up except "wet pubs". Same way I didn't get everything closing down except, X, Y, Z

It is hardly rocket science, the more you open the more the virus increases and the sooner you have to close everything again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2020, 08:39:21 PM

It is hardly rocket science, the more you open the more the virus increases and the sooner you have to close everything again.

Not much point bringing science into this one.

"Wet Pubs", Christ I hate that term....have been closed now since March? Yet it still runs free. Ireland, North and South....Europe.....

Basically the restrictions say, play away, you don't get Covid anywhere else but a "Wet pub"

Feel so sorry for people who have their lives into this industry, it's an absolute disgrace the continual scapegoating. We can have hundreds, maybe thousands in towns now from next Friday going absolutely mental....and they will. Yet some oul boy can't get a pint in a local bar.

Nonsense.

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 03, 2020, 08:51:22 PM
"Wet Pubs", Christ I hate that term....have been closed now since March? Yet it still runs free. Ireland, North and South....Europe.....

At least in the part of Ireland not run by the British, the virus does not "run free", it is under control, and that is because high risk activities like pubs are not open.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2020, 08:55:22 PM

At least in the part of Ireland not run by the British, the virus does not "run free", it is under control, and that is because high risk activities like pubs are not open.

Ah look I acknowledge your point. But an infected person shopping, at a leisure centre, church et al, is the same as an infected person drinking.

Olly

I don't agree. I've never rid a person at Mass.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

Quote from: Olly on December 03, 2020, 09:11:36 PM
I don't agree. I've never rid a person at Mass.

Remember, the thought is as bad as the deed.

tyssam5

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 03, 2020, 08:58:13 PM

Ah look I acknowledge your point. But an infected person shopping, at a leisure centre, church et al, is the same as an infected person drinking.

Are masks not compulsory in shops in the North at this point?

Smurfy123

With the 7/8 day lag would it be that today or tomorrow would see peak numbers? And from Sunday through until December 14th drop again?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: tyssam5 on December 04, 2020, 04:58:55 AM

Are masks not compulsory in shops in the North at this point?

A scarf round the face does not offer any inward or outward protection, especially when they are up and down as needed. Making "face coverings" compulsory has been another nonsense of this pandemic. Distance and ventilation indoors has always been key. Truly baffles me to see people wearing these designer face coverings with absolutely no protection in or out in reality in groups of 9 or 10 out and about.

thewobbler

Quote from: armaghniac on December 03, 2020, 08:39:21 PM

Rocket science is rarely applicable to government policies.

Churches in the north can reopen and will be judged individually in terms of capacity. Let's collect all the old catholics in the 6 counties in a handful of locations and wipe them out. Oh and as it's Christmas, let's ensure we do so at the only time of year a full house is likely. Great idea.

armaghniac

A person with a mask going into a shop, keeping away from people, doing their purchases and out again, is not as risky as sitting beside someone for several hours in a pub. The whole reason people regret going to the pub is that they cannot meet people, but of course meeting people is exactly what the virus needs.

Rossfan

Exactly.
I won't be having any kind of social Christmas this year other than a quiet early evening mid week bit o' grub with herself somewhere.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Taylor

Having a conversation with a work colleague and I said, like many on here, that I believe pubs should be shut.

The response was that they have been shut for almost 7 months and the virus is still spreading - yet next week everything is allowed to open bar pubs.

He had a point the more I thought about it

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Taylor on December 04, 2020, 12:31:45 PM
Having a conversation with a work colleague and I said, like many on here, that I believe pubs should be shut.

The response was that they have been shut for almost 7 months and the virus is still spreading - yet next week everything is allowed to open bar pubs.

He had a point the more I thought about it

Exactly my thinking. Pretty much blaming them for the whole spread. Of course time has since proven that nonsense.