The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Hear about the big conservative "exodus" from Facebook to Parler? Could be dangerous if they retreat even deeper into their echo-chamber. On the other hand it might go the same way as the old "Love Ulster" movement that tried a similar thing by setting up an online forum for loyalists a few years back, only for it to be overrun by fenian trolls taking the mick out of them.

sid waddell

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 10, 2020, 01:43:56 AM
Hear about the big conservative "exodus" from Facebook to Parler? Could be dangerous if they retreat even deeper into their echo-chamber. On the other hand it might go the same way as the old "Love Ulster" movement that tried a similar thing by setting up an online forum for loyalists a few years back, only for it to be overrun by fenian trolls taking the mick out of them.

It can only be a more extreme and more toxic echo chamber - like 4Chan and 8Chan

They've been trying to get critical mass for it for at least a couple of years I'd say and have failed

It will not get critical mass with a non far right audience in the same way that BitChute has not

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 01:16:48 AM
Quote from: whitey on November 09, 2020, 11:59:26 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on November 09, 2020, 11:25:34 PM
Just reading up on Brendan Boyle. His father is from Glencolumbkille and emigrated in 1970.  Some story

Definitely a rising star

Hopefully AOC and the other Nazis don't take him out at the knees
The far right have lost their minds, that's why they're far right

To them, everybody left of the Nazis is a Nazi

Good example of that phenomenon here

You really don't know very much about American politics do you?

The Abortion crowd tried to take him out a few years ago to help get Chelsea Clinton's mother in law the seat but thankfully it didn't work

https://www.politicspa.com/pa-13-emilys-list-and-naral-join-together-to-take-down-boyle/57685/

If the "squad" want to put a woman of color in that safe Democratic seat, he's toast

gallsman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 10, 2020, 12:10:20 AM
Play your part in finishing the job of taking back the senate. Don't let these 2 remaining Georgia senate seats slip back into the hands of Mitch "block everything then blame the Democrats for getting nothing done" McConnell. Write postcards to Dem voters in Georgia and make sure they see how important it is that they get out and vote these monsters out:

https://postcardstovoters.org/

This is McConnell's game. Everyone knows the presidency is done. Him, Graham, everyone. The big concern for them now is the senate seats in Georgia and they're going to play ball with Trump ahead of the runoffs so they don't risk alienating those who voted for him there.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:08:37 AM

Keep sneering, keep living in that fantasy world of la la, keep projecting Nazism onto others

It's no wonder Trump lost

You need to start living in the real world

Nobody who does takes you seriously

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 11:40:55 AM

Keep sneering, keep living in that fantasy world of la la, keep projecting Nazism onto others

They might not like what I have to say but deep down they know I'm right

I had a good laugh last night when I read this interview with Gabriel Byrne who's live here for decades

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/catholicism-thrives-on-fear-gabriel-byrne-speaks-about-sexual-abuse-he-suffered-at-the-hands-of-the-church-in-his-memoir-39724722.html

The Usual Suspects star also spoke about the failures of the Democratic Party in really understanding the anger of the working class in America.

"This is the second time they've come up against a gameshow host and they've learned nothing. Again they seriously underestimated the level of anger among mostly blue-collar workers

"At least it's the end of that guy but, personally, I can't stand Biden. An exceptionalist roaring about America as the moral leader of the world, all this crap. You can't appeal to people in Maine or Wisconsin or Michigan by saying this is a battle for the soul of America. It's just political garbage.

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 12:11:43 PM

That's what Barry Goldwater said

He lost 486-52

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 12:11:43 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 10, 2020, 11:40:55 AM

I had a good laugh last night when I read this interview with Gabriel Byrne who's live here for decades

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/catholicism-thrives-on-fear-gabriel-byrne-speaks-about-sexual-abuse-he-suffered-at-the-hands-of-the-church-in-his-memoir-39724722.html

The Usual Suspects star also spoke about the failures of the Democratic Party in really understanding the anger of the working class in America.

"This is the second time they've come up against a gameshow host and they've learned nothing. Again they seriously underestimated the level of anger among mostly blue-collar workers

"At least it's the end of that guy but, personally, I can't stand Biden. An exceptionalist roaring about America as the moral leader of the world, all this crap. You can't appeal to people in Maine or Wisconsin or Michigan by saying this is a battle for the soul of America. It's just political garbage.

Whitey, you're always so smug about the failures of the Democratic Party to represent the working class people, yet lacking in answers about WHAT they should be doing and what the GOP, presumably, ARE doing for them.

I've already said a couple of times in the past few days, I don't WANT the Democratic Party to compromise on decency and equality for all, regardless of race, creed or sexual orientation;  humane treatment for illegal immigrants; respect for science and expertise; acknowledgement of the reality of climate change and the value of protecting wildlife and wild spaces; sensible gun laws. I don't WANT the Democratic Party to become a deranged rabble, trading in conspiracy theories and grievance, like the GOP is rapidly becoming.

If that is what it takes to win the white working class, the GOP is welcome to them.

If on the other hand, the white working class wants lower taxes for the less wealthy, better access to health care and education, improved infrastructure and so on, I assure you the GOP is not interested in those things, but the Dems are.

whitey

Oh-I'm far from smug

When I share what I see with my own two bloody eyes, having lived here for over thirty years,I'm accused of being some type of ultra right wing  zealot on here

It was interesting that someone brought up Brendan Boyle-I had heard him interviewed numerous times and was very impressed by him.

He got primaried from the left, accused of being anti choice.....which is absolutely ludicrous. So if I'm a regular working class "Joe lunch bucket Democrat"  in Boyle's district and let's say he gets unseated.....how's that going to sit with me?

Am I going to stand out holding a sign, contribute money or help mobilize for the new candidate?

Here is Boston, Marty Walsh is getting primaried from the left by a Harvard educated Asian Woman. Marty has done a phenomenal job, but let's say Ayanna Presley comes out and supports Michelle Wu and she unseats Marty. How are the Regan Democrats in South Boston and Quincy going to react to that? 

And then Marty will be painted as a climate denier in the same way that Boyle was painted as anti choice......ie a complete pile of steaming horse manure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/policy/2020/08/24/michelle-wu-green-new-deal-boston/amp

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 01:46:07 PM
Oh-I'm far from smug

When I share what I see with my own two bloody eyes, having lived here for over thirty years,I'm accused of being some type of ultra right wing  zealot on here

It was interesting that someone brought up Brendan Boyle-I had heard him interviewed numerous times and was very impressed by him.

He got primaried from the left, accused of being anti choice.....which is absolutely ludicrous. So if I'm a regular working class "Joe lunch bucket Democrat"  in Boyle's district and let's say he gets unseated.....how's that going to sit with me?

Am I going to stand out holding a sign, contribute money or help mobilize for the new candidate?

Here is Boston, Marty Walsh is getting primaried from the left by a Harvard educated Asian Woman. Marty has done a phenomenal job, but let's say Ayanna Presley comes out and supports Michelle Wu and she unseats Marty. How are the Regan Democrats in South Boston and Quincy going to react to that? 

And then Marty will be painted as a climate denier in the same way that Boyle was painted as anti choice......ie a complete pile of steaming horse manure

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.boston.com/news/policy/2020/08/24/michelle-wu-green-new-deal-boston/amp

Lots of people get primaried. Both parties have always had fringes populated by unrealistic true believers. Only one has allowed it to fester and infect the whole body.

The GOP is being taken over lock, stock and barrel by the Trump/QAnon personality cult with a ludicrous, deranged charade currently taking place to assuage the mood of the lunatic king facilitated by a bunch of cynical/spineless, power-hungry phonys who are afraid of upsetting the Trump cultists.

Like I said, if Joe Sixpack from South Boston is less upset by the Trump/QAnon lunacy than some "elitest" Harvard liberal, then the GOP is welcome to him.

sid waddell

Oh-I'm far from smug

There are no accusations needed, normal people who don't live a fantasy world of la la can see exactly what you are

It must take incredible effort to live somewhere for 30 years and still know nothing about the place

Suppose that's what happens when you take all your views from the stifling, stagnant right wing bubble of censorship and political correctness, the industrial bullshit machine

The DUP would be proud of your steadfastness

You remind me very much of those oul' fellas marching and clutching their rosary beads before the Eighth Amendment referendum, stuck in a mental 1954, stuck in a dystopian world of make believe, furious that they don't have access to a time machine

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 01:59:23 PM
Oh-I'm far from smug

Lots of people get primaried. Both parties have always had fringes populated by unrealistic true believers. Only one has allowed it to fester and infect the whole body.

The GOP is being taken over lock, stock and barrel by the Trump/QAnon personality cult with a ludicrous, deranged charade currently taking place to assuage the mood of the lunatic king facilitated by a bunch of cynical/spineless, power-hungry phonys who are afraid of upsetting the Trump cultists.

Like I said, if Joe Sixpack from South Boston is less upset by the Trump/QAnon lunacy than some "elitest" Harvard liberal, then the GOP is welcome to him.

Wow, J70......that's some arrogance on your end......"listen to and obey your betters" springs to mind

So you're okay with Boyle being accused of being anti choice and Marty being accused of being a climate denier by the fringes of your party?

And that my friends is exactly the attitude that's costing the Democrats votes from lifelong supporters....the hijacking of the Working mans/woman's party by the urban elitists and extreme left

sid waddell

The white supremacist must have completely tuned out of the news at 10pm last Tuesday

Somebody should tell him  ;D

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on October 18, 2020, 01:05:34 AM

I will also make a crazy prediction....I actually think Trump could win the popular vote and lose the electoral college.

;D ;D ;D

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 10, 2020, 02:08:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 10, 2020, 01:59:23 PM
Oh-I'm far from smug

So you're okay with Boyle being accused of being anti choice and Marty being accused of being a climate denier?

Wow, J70......that's some arrogance on your end......"listen to and obey your betters" springs to mind.

And that my friends is exactly the attitude that's costing the Democrats votes from lifelong supporters....the hijacking of the Working mans/woman's party by the urban elitists and extreme left

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said I was ok with that. I don't know anything about the specifics of each case. And I'm sure each man has his own operation to counter the rhetoric and lies, if applicable, being leveled against them (I'm pretty f**king certain any man who is mayor of Boston does).

And spare us the elitest bollocks.

On the GOP side you have an entire party now dedicated to the idea that there is no such thing as expertise or knowledge and that anyone who tries to tell them otherwise is some elitest talking down to them. And half the frauds spouting this nonsense are themselves rich professionals educated at elite universities and coming from wealthy backgrounds.

Its pretty f**king clear which is the more dangerous for society.