Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quotedont let the facts get in the way of a bit of soccer bashing

it was fai bashing not soccer bashing. love my soccer

QuoteCork Hibs surely? What had the FAI got to do with it?

sorry i'm so used to the gaa scene and everything been the one. cork hibs fcuk i'd forgotton about them...

northsideboy

Kelly is certainly doing the bidding of his now political paymaster, his fellow South Kerry knave O' Donoghue despite being a former failed Fine Gael local election candidate. He condemns 'officials at the club (Thomas Davis) of canvessing their members in order to influence their voting in Thursday's General Election'. He also rather strangely accuses Thomas Davis of 'blatent politicising of the controversy' which is somewhat ironic seeing as though it was a political decision in the first place. Afterall wasn't it you Sean who considered running in todays General Election as a Fine Gael candidate which prompted O' Donoghue to give you your cushy number in the first place. Your hypocracy sickens me.

tayto

Oh for the love of god, so here we go again. you're trying to count the old rovers contribution towards the building? and at the same time ignore their massive tax bill that they defaulted on. Also a lot of the builders didnt actually get paid by the old Rovers. This is gass, yor determination to go round in circles is commendable. impressive almost. This debate is utterly pointless as no one is conceeding even the simplest of points. 

magickingdom

i've always been a big fan of sean kelly and i cant believe he got involved like this. he was talking bollix..

dublinfella

Quote from: tayto on May 24, 2007, 08:35:30 PM
Oh for the love of god, so here we go again. you're trying to count the old rovers contribution towards the building? and at the same time ignore their massive tax bill that they defaulted on. Also a lot of the builders didnt actually get paid by the old Rovers. This is gass, yor determination to go round in circles is commendable. impressive almost. This debate is utterly pointless as no one is conceeding even the simplest of points. 

Im simply saying it is innaccurate to say they have contributed nothing, which was the line from certan quarters for a while.

Quote from: magickingdom on May 24, 2007, 08:53:27 PM
i've always been a big fan of sean kelly and i cant believe he got involved like this. he was talking bollix..

one way or the other its about time that the GAA upper echelons past or present stood up here. TD broke the rules and they should be censured, preferebaly in private, over it. CP should have thought through the potential ramifications long before this point. I'm not sure exactly what bit of the Kelly interview the DCB claim is innaccurate considering the two points he makes are both opinions.

Its interesting that another senior GAA/political figure, along with John Bailey, have been scorching in their condmenation of Kennedy and his adventures.

Interesting times, the GAA top brass seem to be splitting now the legal bill and potential backlash loom....

darbyo

Both Liam Mulvihill and Nickey Brennan have come out in support of TD, DCB have also responded to SK article, refuted his claims and supported TD. Dublinfella how much in your estimation have SR actually put into this ground? and haven't the time now to go back through the all the threads but between the jigs n' reels it's not much more than 100k if even that, and that doesn't entitle them to sole use of the ground. It seems to me to be a 95% govt. funded  sports ground and as such should be suited to all the major field sports of the area.

darbyo

but if the major field sports dont fit...... kiddies and broads get to play there, so the GAA is being accommodated, just not to the level they want.

So if we agree that the govt. are paying for the vast majority of the ground then surely it is not unreasonable for TD/GAA to want a ground that is suitable for their primary games (i.e men's adult competitions). This discussion has gone around in circles at this stage but I'm afraid that nothing you have said Dublinfella convinces me that SR are deserving of such largess from the govt. and as such I think TD are right to challenge the actions of SDCC and the govt. 

dublinfella

Quote from: darbyo on May 25, 2007, 11:18:50 AM
but if the major field sports dont fit...... kiddies and broads get to play there, so the GAA is being accommodated, just not to the level they want.

So if we agree that the govt. are paying for the vast majority of the ground then surely it is not unreasonable for TD/GAA to want a ground that is suitable for their primary games (i.e men's adult competitions). This discussion has gone around in circles at this stage but I'm afraid that nothing you have said Dublinfella convinces me that SR are deserving of such largess from the govt. and as such I think TD are right to challenge the actions of SDCC and the govt. 

but they arent challenging the state on that basis.... they are on a technical issue of planning, so all SDCC have to do if TD win is re-vote it soccer only.

i dont think even Rovers think they 'deserve' such a payout, but why is the attitude 'they got a great deal, lets stop them' rather than 'they got a great deal, lets try and get one ourselves'?

unfair =/= illegal.

snatter

Quoteunfair =/= illegal.

Dublinfella, nice to see you admitting that its not fair for the Govt & SDCC Council to gift a stadium to yourselves.

From the outset, I always saw this as an equality issue - why should the gaa be excluded from such an exceptional state giveaway?

If it was in the north, it would be illegal under equality laws.

dublinfella

'yourselves'?

i really doubt that this would be declared illegal seeing as TD rejected an offer of use of the facility already.

do you believe we have a right to rule 42?

snatter

Quotewe cant have a rule 42/44 (what made that move?) and go to the high court to demand inclusion in other sports facilities and not expect consequences. we groundshare or we dont. this is kellys point.

Dublinfella,

you can't have a rule 42/44, whatever, because you don't own the stadium you expect to be given.
Back to your previous point of
Quotenot fair=/= illegal
- you mightn't care because the end result suits you.

What if the GAA take the same approach in retaliation re the national soccer team playing at croker?
Would you join the gaa bashing brigade, you know, "the taxpayer gave a (small percentage - about 6%? ) grant to Croker, so anybody should be able to use it" brigade?
I've always thought that HQ were pathetic and weren't acting in the best interests of the GAA in not linking fair access to Tallaght with letting the FAI use croker. The latest comments of Sean Kelly adds to my discomfort as to why they didn't.

magickingdom

Quotegrow up ML. not all GAA grounds are owned by the GAA, Pairc Ui Caoimh being the biggest example. The FAI have made it clear that if TD win they will return the favour.

what are you on about? pairc ui caoimh is vested in the gaa, just like killarney (before you come out with that one). the grounds are controlled by trustee who must be gaa members..

Rossfan

Quote from: magickingdom on May 26, 2007, 09:12:40 PM
[. The FAI have made it clear that if TD win they will return the favour.

What the fcuk are you on about? The FAI are in no position to do anything?
I'm sure if the Government/any local Council  build a free Stadium for any GAA unit we would only be too pleased to let local soccer clubs have use of it too.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2007, 08:23:54 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on May 26, 2007, 09:12:40 PM
[. The FAI have made it clear that if TD win they will return the favour.

What the fcuk are you on about? The FAI are in no position to do anything?
I'm sure if the Government/any local Council  build a free Stadium for any GAA unit we would only be too pleased to let local soccer clubs have use of it too.

free stadium? still?  ::)

Pearse stadium in Galway got a similar level of state funds as tallaght, dont see the soccer lads in there.....

Great election result for Rovers, FF back in, the only TD in the area who had sympathies for TD (Crowe) out on his arse and Lenehan topping the poll.

Looks like Kennedy's stalling backfired and he is left holding the bill.

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: dublinfella on May 27, 2007, 08:56:23 PMPearse stadium in Galway got a similar level of state funds as tallaght, dont see the soccer lads in there.....
While I know I shouldn't bother, as this topic is going in circles, but I would be very surprised if Pearse Stadium in Galway got anywhere near a 90+% level in state funding?