Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tayto

Lock in, lock in, lock in!  ;D

bottlethrower7

this is on hill16.ie. Sean Kelly continues to lower himself. The fact that hes come out against Thomas Davis convinces me all the more that they're doing the right thing.

Sean Kelly truly is an embarrassment to himself and the GAA. How he was ever let run the organisation is beyond me, and we should be thankful that he didn't completely run it into the ground (though he may have started off a chain reaction that could lead......god knows where)

QuoteStatement Dublin County Committee

The Dublin County Committee wish to record their continued support for the actions of Thomas Davis GAA club and its officials in relation to the Tallaght Stadium issue.

Officers of Thomas Davis have been striving hard behind the scenes to bring a satisfactory conclusion that respects all sports to the Tallaght Stadium issue. They have not breached GAA rules and no sanction is been contemplated against the club or its officials.

The views expressed by former GAA president Sean Kelly in his column in the Irish Examiner on Tuesday are his personal opinions only and do not represent the views of the GAA, are factually inaccurate in several respects and are neither supported nor endorsed by the Dublin County Committee.

John Costello
Secretary

tayto

Insteresting also was the distance the crowd were behind the goal in the new wembley, at least 25 feet.

guy crouchback

to go off topic was anyone esle a bit disapointed with the new wembley.its looks good from the outside with the arch and what have you, but the inside lacked the wow factor i expected it to have.
i know its hard to tell on the telly but it all seemed a bit cramped. it did not come across as impressive a stadium as cardiff.

dublinfella

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 23, 2007, 03:56:44 PM

this is on hill16.ie. Sean Kelly continues to lower himself. The fact that hes come out against Thomas Davis convinces me all the more that they're doing the right thing.

Sean Kelly truly is an embarrassment to himself and the GAA. How he was ever let run the organisation is beyond me, and we should be thankful that he didn't completely run it into the ground (though he may have started off a chain reaction that could lead......god knows where)

QuoteStatement Dublin County Committee

The Dublin County Committee wish to record their continued support for the actions of Thomas Davis GAA club and its officials in relation to the Tallaght Stadium issue.

Officers of Thomas Davis have been striving hard behind the scenes to bring a satisfactory conclusion that respects all sports to the Tallaght Stadium issue. They have not breached GAA rules and no sanction is been contemplated against the club or its officials.

The views expressed by former GAA president Sean Kelly in his column in the Irish Examiner on Tuesday are his personal opinions only and do not represent the views of the GAA, are factually inaccurate in several respects and are neither supported nor endorsed by the Dublin County Committee.

John Costello
Secretary

why is he 'lowering' himself? he is stating his opinion that TD are making a strategic mistake that has the potential to backfire on the GAA in general (Bear in mind if TD win, Pairc Ui Caoimh is a soccer ground as its on council land)  and that TD clearly broke the GAA's rules with the politicisation of their campaign and personal attacks on two government ministers.

here is the article in the herald

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/3848/seankellyintheheraldqd9.jpg

note the story is from a GAA hack too. i have been telling you all along that TD have zero real support. between this well placed story (that had no relevence to anything going on on the day) and the fact that they cant find anyone to help pay for the case (€300k and ticking)  is Croke Park finally stepping in and telling them to keep the noise down?

Not even the most ardent defender of this nuiscance suit can say the wheels arent coming off the whole thing.

magickingdom

Dublinfella
"Bear in mind if TD win, Pairc Ui Caoimh is a soccer ground as its on council land"

what are you on about? its no such thing... have you any facts right on any thread?

dublinfella

Quote from: magickingdom on May 23, 2007, 10:20:15 PM
Dublinfella
"Bear in mind if TD win, Pairc Ui Caoimh is a soccer ground as its on council land"

what are you on about? its no such thing... have you any facts right on any thread?

apparently the site the stadium is on is owned by the council, thats one of the reasons they bought flower lodge/pairc ui rinn.

by TD's definition of 'municipality' every sport in Cork is entitled to not just use it, but have it modified to suit them.

blast05

Phew, that was a close one  .... well not really   :P

Wtf am i on about ????

Just imagine if Shamrock Rovers had won the Eircom Premier division last year and won all their champions league pre-qualifiers and then topped their group and went all the way to the champions league final  ...... well then they would have refused to take part in the final in Athens because there was too much space between the pitch and the stands   ::)

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on May 23, 2007, 11:36:09 PM
Phew, that was a close one  .... well not really   :P

Wtf am i on about ????

Just imagine if Shamrock Rovers had won the Eircom Premier division last year and won all their champions league pre-qualifiers and then topped their group and went all the way to the champions league final  ...... well then they would have refused to take part in the final in Athens because there was too much space between the pitch and the stands   ::)

I must say you have spectacularly managed to miss the bigger picture here.

would you be so flippant if a soccer club was in the high court demanding a GAA venue be altered for them for free? because you can be sure that it will happen if TD win.

blast05

QuoteI must say you have spectacularly managed to miss the bigger picture here.

You'd make a great groundsman for the new stadium  ..... cos you're able to change the goalposts so easily.

Quotewould you be so flippant if a soccer club was in the high court demanding a GAA venue be altered for them for free? because you can be sure that it will happen if TD win.

You're not comparing like with like and well you know it

dublinfella

keep up ML, they havent got the money to pay for their own costs so far, hence the latest delay. 300k and ticking
Putting money into a case to make the council include you is not the same as putting money into the stadium. you have oudone yourself with that logic.

Kelly is dead right here. The consequences of this are starting to dawn on key GAA figures and he was wheeled out for an arms length wrap on the knuckles to Kennedy.

magickingdom

Quoteapparently the site the stadium is on is owned by the council, thats one of the reasons they bought flower lodge/pairc ui rinn.

by TD's definition of 'municipality' every sport in Cork is entitled to not just use it, but have it modified to suit them. 

where did you get that from... another bar stool. the gaa bought flower lodge off the fai cause the fai were dumb enough to sell it. should sound familiar to any rovers supporter.. ;D

dublinfella

Quote from: magickingdom on May 24, 2007, 01:40:13 PM
Quoteapparently the site the stadium is on is owned by the council, thats one of the reasons they bought flower lodge/pairc ui rinn.

where did you get that from... another bar stool. the gaa bought flower lodge off the fai cause the fai were dumb enough to sell it. should sound familiar to any rovers supporter.. ;D

the FAI didnt own it (the FAI don't own any club ground), it was the ancient order of hibernians.....

dont let the facts get in the way of a bit of soccer bashing.

i checked this with a corkie, true apparently, one of the reasons it hasnt gotten a facelift in the last while

magickingdom

Quotethe FAI didnt own it (the FAI don't own any club ground), it was the ancient order of hibernians.....

well done the frrehold was owned by the aoh but the fai had the lease on it and let it go...

dublinfella

well done the frrehold was owned by the aoh but the fai had the lease on it and let it go...

Cork Hibs surely? What had the FAI got to do with it?

ML, its not the same logic, not even close. For you to say that TD running up a massive legal bill they cant pay and probably paying SDCC, the DoS and SRFC's legal bills is a 'contribution' to the stadium is bizarre, even for you.