Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

QuoteCall it what you want - waffle, preachy, whatever, but I am in the business of dealing with facts and what i referred to in regard the Stadio Olympico are facts.
I presented a very simple straight forward comparison based on these facts, and what are also facts are that the reveloped Stadio Olympico was good enough for a World Cup final and will be good enough for the Champions League final in 2009, but a stadium design using similar principles to those employed in the redevelopment of the Stadio Olympico is not good enough for Shamrock Rovers.

Any comment ?

darbyo

Hoop there you go again claiming things as 'a fact',if you can't back it up then you can't claim it to be a fact. I read the papers most days and I can't honestly remember reading that the GAA were blaming the IRFU or the FAI for the state of the pitch. However I would agree that if they GAA were trying to blame the condition of the pitch solely on the soccer and rugby games that it would be both pathetic and ludicrous. Most in the GAA would agree with playing the club finals in Croke Park thats what the stadium is there for and taking the financial hit is well worth the fulfilling of all those players sportring aspirations. Getting back to the Tallaght issue Dublinfella claimed SR offered to pay for the stadium themselves, is this true? And how much have SR actually paid into the project so far?  

Rossfan

Quote from: hoop on May 07, 2007, 05:50:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2007, 05:40:14 PM
Five Minutes of Council/Minister/SR and TD/DCB sitting round a table would lead to the above.

No it wouldn't, because it's not possible.

Which is why Thomas Davis won't show anyone their "plans".

It would make more sense than a Senior Manager of the Council writing childish letters to the local Paper FFS.

he was reacting to lies from TD about the councils position in the paper, as is his right.

Why is it not possible for a group of people/organisations who all say they want to see a Stadium built
to sit around a table to sort out an agreeable outcome?

Senior Managers of a public body should be above writing to papers trying to childishly score points.
If Shamrock beggars had done what ALL other sports clubs do- raise 25% of the cost- the Stadium would have been built by 2003.Wonder why the County Manager's Deputy didnt mention that. Or if the County Manager had asked the Minister to respect the Councillor's original vote the Stadium could be up and running around now.

Then we have the 2 Soccer clowns  saying that if the GAA had less Gaelic games in their own HQ the pitch wouldnt be damaged.
Jesus wept
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

hoop

Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2007, 10:32:41 PM
Then we have the 2 Soccer clowns  saying that if the GAA had less Gaelic games in their own HQ the pitch wouldnt be damaged.

Yawn.....

Keep on twisting what was ACTUALLY said if it makes you feel any better.

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2007, 10:32:41 PM

Senior Managers of a public body should be above writing to papers trying to childishly score points.
If Shamrock beggars had done what ALL other sports clubs do- raise 25% of the cost- the Stadium would have been built by 2003.Wonder why the County Manager's Deputy didnt mention that. Or if the County Manager had asked the Minister to respect the Councillor's original vote the Stadium could be up and running around now.

the original vote is what they are respecting.

TD have been going round and telling people they have the support of the council. he set the record straight.

snatter

Quotethe original vote is what they are respecting.

Yawn,

Dublinfella, even you know by now that the original vote

1. totally ignored the council's own public consultation process that overwhelmingly supported the GAA's inclusion in the project.
2. was solely a capitulation to the kerry gombeen refusing to fund a truly municipal multi-sport venue - before O'Donoghue had issued his diktat, the previous committee meeting had approved a multi sport venue. No other material issues had arisen in the intervening period to explain the decision.

his holiness nb

firstly I am astonished this debate has gone on so long.
I'm not going to comment further on the issues as everything to be said has been said.

BUT I would like to draw admins attention to this comment from Dublinfella

"Its the GAA looking for the free handout here rainman"

I cant even begin to sya how offensive this is and it has been reported to admin.
Ask me holy bollix

Gaaboardmod3

Lads, no need for comments like that. Why does everything degenerate into name calling in these threads. Perhaps they go on too long and around in circles.

Dublinfella, I am deleting the comment in question. In the interest of fairness, could everyone please cut out the name calling as well. Dublinfella, hoop and the others have been subject to as much ill manners as they have doled out themselves.

Thanks

his holiness nb

100% agree, I am as guilty as anyone.
Maybe its a good time to let this thread go?
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Latest chapter was that today the court was due to set a date for the full hearing.

TD didnt have the 'correct documentation' so the case was adjourned yet again.

It is about getting TD in to the stadium asap and not about delaying the project indefinitley. Seriously, it is.  ::)

his holiness nb

Give over will ya, if you want to talk about the stadium open a thread, this is about Rovers Ultras and hasnt been posted on for days.
Yet still no apology for the insulting remarks you were reprimanded for I see  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

magickingdom

dublinfella, your wanted over on the government about to fall thread when youve got the time...

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 11, 2007, 03:49:16 PM
Give over will ya, if you want to talk about the stadium open a thread, this is about Rovers Ultras and hasnt been posted on for days.
Yet still no apology for the insulting remarks you were reprimanded for I see  ::)

I did open a thread on the stadium and was told to post all things related in this thread.

People might be interested in what happened in court today. They might not.

I apologise if the phrase offended, but the genereal point towords ML stands. He is a moron.

his holiness nb

Quote from: dublinfella on May 11, 2007, 03:55:11 PM
I apologise if the phrase offended, but the genereal point towords ML stands. He is a moron.

And you return after your warning with more insults  ::)

Will you ever learn
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 11, 2007, 03:58:01 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on May 11, 2007, 03:55:11 PM

And you return after your warning with more insults  ::)

Will you ever learn

thats not an insult, its a statement of my opinion of the bloke.