Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on May 04, 2007, 02:10:08 PM
You claimed the playing surface to be 160 metres not the playing surface + run off area, plus 20m seems a bit excessive for a run off are, surely 10-15 is more than adequate

10 metres at either end is what Thomas Davis said.

Regardless of whether you define it as playing surface or run-off - it still leaves soccer fans 30 metres away from the pitch when standing behind the goals.

his holiness nb

"it still leaves soccer fans 30 metres away from the pitch when standing behind the goals"

Boo f**king hoo, its not like its the only stadium in the world with this gap between pitch and fans.

This has already been discussed before about 30000 posts ago anyway and proven as a non factor.
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 02:47:03 PM
This has already been discussed before about 30000 posts ago anyway and proven as a non factor.

Proven??? Because you say so???

Is there some secret law somewhere that states that soccer fans interests and opinions don't count?

When I go to a soccer match, I've no desire to be told by the likes of you that being 30 metres away from the pitch is just fine.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on May 04, 2007, 02:52:05 PM
Proven??? Because you say so???

Is there some secret law somewhere that states that soccer fans interests and opinions don't count?

When I go to a soccer match, I've no desire to be told by the likes of you that being 30 metres away from the pitch is just fine.

No not proven because I say so.
That point was widely proven as a non issue, and if it were the only issue you would be laughed out of court.

Tell me this, do you always sit in the front row at soccer games?
Never been half way up the stand or at the back?
Dont tell me you have never been more than 30 metres from the pitch  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jesus god forbid the soccer crowd every get their shit together and build a ground like Croke park, 30 metres my arse, god love yis  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 03:04:59 PM
Dont tell me you have never been more than 30 metres from the pitch 

So if you're 30 metres away at the front of the stand - how far away are you at the back???

And don't forget - we're talking a SMALL stadium here - and not Croke Park, where mathematics dictate that huge capacity equals greater distances.

Thankfully, judicial reviews deal with facts and circumstances pertinent to all parties - and are most unlikely to take your point of view which could easily be shortened to one sentence: "Let's just fire a full-size GAA pitch in - and to hell with everyone else."

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: hoop on May 04, 2007, 03:14:11 PM
Thankfully, judicial reviews deal with facts and circumstances pertinent to all parties

And the facts in the judicial review are a 140m pitch not 160m (it mentions nothing about run off) as you have stated.

hoop

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on May 04, 2007, 03:21:24 PM
And the facts in the judicial review are a 140m pitch not 160m (it mentions nothing about run off) as you have stated.

Thomas Davis want a 10 metre run-off at either end - which makes the length of the field 160 metres.

Call it whatever you want - it's all the same to me. And I'm sure to the Judicial Review too.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on May 04, 2007, 03:14:11 PM
So if you're 30 metres away at the front of the stand - how far away are you at the back???

And don't forget - we're talking a SMALL stadium here - 

You answered that question yourself in the next sentence, not very far at all !  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

blast05

FFS man, look at the photo you scanned and posted - the only way a GAA pitch can be accomodated is by extending the playing area to the right as per the yellow outline of the GAA pitch. The position of the soccer pitch does not have to change. This means that 3 sides of the ground can be completely developed to whatever size is required for catering for whatever size crowd SR would attract - and all the crowds behind the goal would be right up to the pitch.

And don't be dumb enough to come back here complaining about not having all 4 sides of the ground developed.

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 03:36:02 PM
You answered that question yourself in the next sentence, not very far at all ! 

Your usual ludicrous answer.

When building a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 - and with a particular anchor tenant sport in mind - you build the stadium to best suit that sport.

Yet you think that the spectators being miles away from the pitch in the Maracana, is argument enough for the spectators to be sitting miles away in a much smaller compact stadium.

Waffle.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on May 04, 2007, 03:48:11 PM
And don't be dumb enough to come back here complaining about not having all 4 sides of the ground developed.

How thick and arrogant can you get???

You think you can win an argument by deciding that a central issue - namely that the stadium would be botched, lop-sided and half built - can simply be ignored???

Are you for real???

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on May 04, 2007, 03:53:00 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 03:36:02 PM
You answered that question yourself in the next sentence, not very far at all ! 

Your usual ludicrous answer.

When building a stadium with a capacity of 10,000 - and with a particular anchor tenant sport in mind - you build the stadium to best suit that sport.

Waffle.

Ludicrous? I dont think so, its very straight forward, but another case of, as Evil Genius would say, attack the poster not the post.
Regarding building the stadium to suit the anchor tennant, you are going round and round in circles here.
You would prefer to be right against the pitch, but 30m isnt that bad, its a case of beggars cant be choosers. When you can afford to build it yourself, do what you want with it!!

"Yet you think that the spectators being miles away from the pitch in the Maracana, is argument enough for the spectators to be sitting miles away in a much smaller compact stadium"

When did I ever mention the Maracana????
Dont tell me what I think when you are clearly making it up.

And by the way, 30m is NOT miles.
f**king idiot.

Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 04:36:40 PM
When did I ever mention the Maracana???
Dont tell me what I think when you are clearly making it up.

Just an example of one of the many large stadiums you seem to think would justify butchering the stadium.
("Boo f**king hoo, its not like its the only stadium in the world with this gap between pitch and fans")

Carry on with your infantile hair-spliting - you thick, bigoted gobshite.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on May 04, 2007, 04:53:00 PM
you thick, bigoted gobshite.

for argueing that a 30m gap aint that bad.
Well pardon my bigotry  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 04, 2007, 05:04:33 PM
for argueing that a 30m gap aint that bad.
Well pardon my bigotry 

You haven't ARGUED anything.

You have merely stated whatever crap best suits your blinkered views best.

And councils are in the business of building things that make sense - and not things that allegedly "ain't that bad".