Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 03, 2007, 02:11:01 PM
No I chose to not reply as its pure and utter shite and not worthy of a response.

Pathetic.

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

tayto

Quote from: hoop on May 03, 2007, 02:16:10 PM
Quote from: his holiness nb on May 03, 2007, 02:11:01 PM
No I chose to not reply as its pure and utter shite and not worthy of a response.

Pathetic.

bigot

dublinfella

the point I was making re O'Connor was that like all politicians in Tallaght they are firmly nailing their colours to the Rovers mast. These guys are professional politicians. They know the way the wind is blowing, and more importantly that Kennedy in TD doesnt. Further evidence he is a marginalised figure in the local area if it were needed.

out of interest bottle thrower, where does your pro GAA/anti-Rovers vote go when the candidates are uniform in their opinion?

article in todays star in which Kennedy's bluff is called. lets see the plans!! intersting after 2 years of 'its nothing to do with Rovers' now its 'lets talk'.

In last weeks Tallaght echo O'Donnell from TD repeated the line that it was the minister causing the delay. This week they ran a letter from the assistant county manager.

Thomas Davis court challenge "holding up" opening of stadium

Dear Sir,

I refer to the letter of Christopher O'Donnell, Chairman, Thomas Davis club (The Echo letters page, april 25th) in which he calls for the completion of the stadium in Tallaght, and expresses the clubs fervent wish to see the youth of Tallaght playing and watching games in it.
This stadium would be completed and available to the youth of Tallaght now were it not for the action of Thomas Davis club by it's challenge in the courts.

Yours Sincerely,
Tom Doherty,
Deputy Manager,
South Dublin County Council.

bottlethrower7

I'm voting Green in this election.

You still don't get it Dublinfella. We don't need them. They need us. It might sound arrogant, but its true.

I know you went to the trouble of scanning in that article and all, but if you expect anyone here to read something that was printed in the Star, I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

As for the letter. I don't know its author from Adam. But he is right, the stadium would likely be available were it not for the intervention of TD. But only avaliable to a fraction of the community. We have Thomas Davis to thank for ensuring that it will be either made available to the entire community, or else some serious questions will have to be answered before the powers that be can justify carrying out Minister O'Donogue's short sighted plan.

dublinfella

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 03, 2007, 09:55:59 PM
I'm voting Green in this election.

me too. good man. must be the only party not to explicitly support Rovers.

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 03, 2007, 09:55:59 PMYou still don't get it Dublinfella. We don't need them. They need us. It might sound arrogant, but its true.

they clearly feel they dont though

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 03, 2007, 09:55:59 PMI know you went to the trouble of scanning in that article and all, but if you expect anyone here to read something that was printed in the Star, I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken.

it was the graphic that I thought was relevent. proof that a gaa pitch cant fit in the site, never mind the stadium.

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on May 03, 2007, 09:55:59 PMAs for the letter. I don't know its author from Adam. But he is right, the stadium would likely be available were it not for the intervention of TD. But only avaliable to a fraction of the community. We have Thomas Davis to thank for ensuring that it will be either made available to the entire community, or else some serious questions will have to be answered before the powers that be can justify carrying out Minister O'Donogue's short sighted plan.

so TD have dont the community a favour by ensuring no-one gets to use it for 7 more years.  ::)

my previous post destroys two lies put forward by TD. 1: that there would be do reduction in capacity and 2: the council want them involved.

blast05

Quoteit was the graphic that I thought was relevent. proof that a gaa pitch cant fit in the site, never mind the stadium.

I think you shoudl look at the graphic again as a GAA pitch will clearly fit. Ìf we for a moment allow that the graphic is accurate then all it shows is that the modified development (pitch and stand) encroaches by all of about 1 metre into the school lands .... i'd say that would be a deal breaker alright  ::)

As for the letter from the assistant county manager, i find it hard to believe that he would such a letter given that a judicial review has been ordered. If Doherty feels so strongly about it then why doesn't he challenge the need for a review to a higher court.

I think its about time people had a read of this: http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/597645521f07ac9a80256ef30048ca52/c4e4f139cf1efc32802572c8004adaff?OpenDocument

A lot of interesting stuff. I never realised that TD originally owned the site of the proposed development and gave it up to the council (got other pitches as replacements) on the understanding that the area would be developed as a leisure park for the entire community.

deiseach

Cheers for that, blast05. God help me for saying this, but I found it fascinating

dublinfella

Quote from: blast05 on May 03, 2007, 10:35:00 PM
As for the letter from the assistant county manager, i find it hard to believe that he would such a letter given that a judicial review has been ordered. If Doherty feels so strongly about it then why doesn't he challenge the need for a review to a higher court.

he is ffs. TD are suing SDCC.

Quote from: blast05 on May 03, 2007, 10:35:00 PM
I think its about time people had a read of this: http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/597645521f07ac9a80256ef30048ca52/c4e4f139cf1efc32802572c8004adaff?OpenDocument

A lot of interesting stuff. I never realised that TD originally owned the site of the proposed development and gave it up to the council (got other pitches as replacements) on the understanding that the area would be developed as a leisure park for the entire community.

like the bit at the end where he says he knows that the stadium will never house the GAA....

blast05

Quotehe is ffs. TD are suing SDCC.

Ok, maybe i missed something here but i didn't realise SDCC were challenging the need for a judicial review to the supreme court.
I stand corrected if that is the case

Also, will you copy and paste the piece here where he says he knows the GAA will never be housed in the stadium. I couldn't face reading it all again

Main Street

From the The high court Judicial Review
"Construction works ceased on the site in November 2001 and there has been no work done since. The building contractor is still in possession of the site. In July 2003 Shamrock Rovers applied for and was granted an extension of the planning permission for a period of one year to 31st October 2004, to enable them to complete the stadium. No work was carried out during that twelve month period. In October 2004 Shamrock Rovers applied for a further extension for a period of one and a half years to complete the stadium. On 14th December 2002, the respondents as planning authority refused that application."

What a lazy shower of club members. They wouldn't even know how to lay a brick.

his holiness nb

Yet they would have us believe the stadium would be built quick smart only for TD  :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 23, 2007, 03:41:28 PM
Quote from: tayto on April 23, 2007, 03:26:24 PM
He is claiming that the crowd would have to be 30m from either end in order to fit a GAA pitch. This simply isn't the case according to the regulation pitch dimensions above.

The planned soccer pitch is 100 metres in length.

Thomas Davis want the playing surface extended to 160 metres.

Fact.

"That the manager's report be adopted subject to the playing pitch being increased to 140 by 85 metres and to appropriate modifications to increase the changing room accommodation. The stands to be extended either in the current phase or in a future phase in line with the increased length of the playing surface and adequate car parking provided on site and if necessary in the area previously approved by An Bórd Pleanala for stadium car parking referred to as Site B on Whitestown Way."

So the original decision was to extend it to 140 metres. Fact. Not the 160 metres you're claiming.

hoop

Quote from: tayto on May 04, 2007, 11:55:11 AM
So the original decision was to extend it to 140 metres. Fact. Not the 160 metres you're claiming.

160 metres is correct when the ten metres run-off at either end is included. That's the figure given by Thomas Davis to the SDCC.

Deal_Me_In

You claimed the playing surface to be 160 metres not the playing surface + run off area, plus 20m seems a bit excessive for a run off are, surely 10-15 is more than adequate