Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2007, 01:01:47 PM
Quotefair enough, but I think you have to accept that you're questioning the motives/reasons of all the other clubs for backing them.
and if the implication is that theres some kind of sinister motive at play, then the brush is doing a lot of tarring.

Not questioning the other clubs motives at all BT. I'm sure they are honourable in supporting Thomas Davis in wha tthey see as the right to acess a publicly funded stadium. My reading goes back to the timing  and tactics used by Davis thats all.

fair enough. You're well entitled to your opinion.

hoop

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 01:12:54 PM
allegedly? or are you going to back that up with some evidence?

You're encroaching on very dangerous territory here so I'd choose my next words carefully if I were you.

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail sent by Kennedy to John Costello of the Dublin County Board and leaked to the press:

"I have also sought to be supportive of a multi-code use (keeping soccer). Tactically I think that has to be right for now.

I'm confident that in any bout with Rovers that the GAA will be the last man standing."

Now, quite apart from the pathetic "last man standing" stuff, what do you think the first bit means???

I know what it means, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

his holiness nb

The first bit means that he has also sought to be supportive of a multi-code use (keeping soccer).
Tactically he thinks that has to be right for now.
;)

Oh yeah and the "last man standing" is pathetic but "f**k off and die" isnt?

Seriously  :-\
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 24, 2007, 02:26:59 PM
The first bit means that he has also sought to be supportive of a multi-code use (keeping soccer).
Tactically he thinks that has to be right for now.

You're trying to be clever - but looking very, very stupid.

You know exactly what it means , but you prefer to keep your GAA-tinted glasses on and ignore reality

blast05

QuoteHere's an excerpt from an e-mail sent by Kennedy to John Costello of the Dublin County Board and leaked to the press

What interests me is why would John Costello leak this to the press ?

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:32:08 PM
You're trying to be clever - but looking very, very stupid.
You know exactly what it means , but you prefer to keep your GAA-tinted glasses on and ignore reality

Hoop, in your opinion I am looking stupid, in my opinion you have exceeded stupid a long time ago, but lets not get into more childish insults and name calling  ::)

p.s. I love the "Gaa tinted" glasses comments, I presume you are argueing as a balanced neutral here ?  :o :o :o :o :o

Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

Quote from: blast05 on April 24, 2007, 02:35:14 PM
QuoteHere's an excerpt from an e-mail sent by Kennedy to John Costello of the Dublin County Board and leaked to the press

Who said he did the leaking.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:11:36 PM

You're encroaching on very dangerous territory here so I'd choose my next words carefully if I were you.

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail sent by Kennedy to John Costello of the Dublin County Board and leaked to the press:

"I have also sought to be supportive of a multi-code use (keeping soccer). Tactically I think that has to be right for now.

I'm confident that in any bout with Rovers that the GAA will be the last man standing."

Now, quite apart from the pathetic "last man standing" stuff, what do you think the first bit means???

I know what it means, but I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

the first bit means that, in case any of his club membership think that it would be in TD's best interest to seek a GAA-only stadium, he thinks, tactically speaking, that a multi-code stadium would be better (and certainly more achievable).

The second bit refers to his confidence in the strength of the club, the clubs backing him, and of the GAA as a whole to stand up to any organisation in this country, including the government. And it is a belief that the majority, if not all, of GAA members share.

next question.

hoop

Quote from: blast05 on April 24, 2007, 02:35:14 PM

I have no idea who leaked it - but the Indo got it.

resdubwhite

my understanding was that that letter went to all of the clubs in Dublin and thats how it got out to the press.

hoop

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 02:39:44 PM
the first bit means that, in case any of his club membership think that it would be in TD's best interest to seek a GAA-only stadium, he thinks, tactically speaking, that a multi-code stadium would be better (and certainly more achievable).

The second bit refers to his confidence in the strength of the club, the clubs backing him, and of the GAA as a whole to stand up to any organisation in this country, including the government. And it is a belief that the majority, if not all, of GAA members share.

So that would explain the e-mail being leaked and the Indo printing it?????

Kennedy is out to shaft Rovers and take over the stadium completely. He thinks that doing it in carefully planned stages will be slightly less obvious.

dublinfella

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 12:25:30 PM
Quote from: stephenite on April 24, 2007, 12:22:36 PM
there is no issue with Rovers ......

Yeah, yeah..... that's what Kennedy keeps saying aswell. But only publicly. His private comments and e-mails are a different matter entirely.

the email and letter to the members are in the public domain now, they are very damning.

i have heard kennedy talk 'off the record' about the real reasons for the challenge, as have hundreds of others.

it is interesting that no member of the association on here from Dublin is defending his motives....

hoop

Quote from: resdubwhite on April 24, 2007, 02:43:33 PM
my understanding was that that letter went to all of the clubs in Dublin and thats how it got out to the press.

No. You may be referring to one of Kennedy's various memos - one of which was 13 pages long and went out to all Thomas Davis members last week - full of blatant lies about Rovers and near libelous comments about O'Donoghue. That's also the memo which states that TD Conor Lenihan is barred from their clubhouse for supporting O'Donoghue's stance.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 02:39:44 PM

So that would explain the e-mail being leaked and the Indo printing it?????

Kennedy is out to shaft Rovers and take over the stadium completely. He thinks that doing it in carefully planned stages will be slightly less obvious.

wow, an extreme case of paranoia there.

there was nothing untoward in that letter (not the excerpt you printed anyway). Put the negative spin on it that suits your (paranoia fuelled) argument and you can believe whatever the hell you want.

I have to say, despite the sinister stuff about Shamrock Rovers fans wishing death upon TD (whether their club or their members is unclear), the whole thing is hilarious.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: dublinfella on April 24, 2007, 02:47:37 PM
it is interesting that no member of the association on here from Dublin is defending his motives....

brilliant. absolutely brilliant.

you continue to astound dublinfella.

now I think you're just taking the piss altogether. Can I ask you, are you ONeill or someone pretending to be a shamrock rovers supporter on a windup?