Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

good vibrations/roversfella, when are you both just going to come out and admit that shamrock rovers are a pack of beggars who want taxpayers to build them a stadium because they cant build one of their own. its that simple. it is for this reason that the tallaght gaa community feel aggrieved and have take action. they dont mind rovers using the stadium, they just want to be able to access it also. can one of you please tell me what the problem is here.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Good Relations

Yeah it does make your mentality low if you judge 5 or so thousand people (that attend matches anyway,Im sure there tens of thousands more) on meeting just a very small minority.Your statement was ridiculous regarding the junior GAA. Stop being a prat.

magpie seanie

QuoteYeah it does make your mentality low if you judge 5 or so thousand people (that attend matches anyway,Im sure there tens of thousands more) on meeting just a very small minority

LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF!

Good Relations

The last figure I seen was 728 members in the 400 club.They initially said that they needed four hundred members...Hence the name.And to answer the question regarding begging,If you think Rovers are beggers what does it make every GAA club that got a grant...

his holiness nb

Quote from: Good Relations on April 18, 2007, 04:46:37 PM
Yeah it does make your mentality low if you judge 5 or so thousand people (that attend matches anyway,Im sure there tens of thousands more) on meeting just a very small minority.Your statement was ridiculous regarding the junior GAA. Stop being a prat.

Good Vibrations I have pointed this out very clearly before, my comments based on Rovers fans are based on the ones I have encountered and do not refer to all Rovers fans.
How many times do I need to repeat that to get it into your head??
At least accept that there are bad ones, after my earlier comments about them (again based on being at a game in the middle of them) you suggested I was never at a Rovers game  ::)

My comment re the "junior" football was merely pointing out a factual error by the Rovers guys. How is that ridiculous????

Thats twice now you have said its ridiculous, so explain how?
Was there anything factually incorrect with my statement?

p.s. I'm sure there arent tens of thousands more  :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

magpie seanie

QuoteIf you think Rovers are beggers what does it make every GAA club that got a grant...

This is getting very tiring. If you had the slightest clue about applying for grants you would realise that you must supply matching funding in order to qualify. This is different to getting a free stadium. Capiche?

tayto

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 18, 2007, 04:52:20 PM
QuoteYeah it does make your mentality low if you judge 5 or so thousand people (that attend matches anyway,Im sure there tens of thousands more) on meeting just a very small minority

LAUGHING MY ARSE OFF!

They're breeding like rabbits by the sounds of things, 5 thusand and rising fast!  ;D ;D ;D

behind the wire

good vibrations, getting a grant is not begging. all sporting organisations are entitled to grants, it is up to the government to decide which applicants get them. on the other hand we have shamrock rovers whos idea of a 'grant' is taxpayers money being used to buy a site and build them a stadium for them and them only to use. i therefore dont accept your answer.

p.s. if what shamrock rovers are after is a 'grant' in your opinion, could you tell me how to go about applying for one, our club could do with a new ground free of charge.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

willo

Quote from: 15 Johnny Blues on April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM
http://www.srfcultras.net/index01.html

Check this out - saw story in Evening Herald today, has to be seen to be believed! Maybe when the Joy is closed it could be redeveloped to house Rovers?
go back to bogger land the lot of you and let dublin rule itself

tayto

Quote from: willo on April 18, 2007, 05:46:49 PM

Check this out - saw story in Evening Herald today, has to be seen to be believed! Maybe when the Joy is closed it could be redeveloped to house Rovers?

good man willo, that's very clever stuff.

Good Relations

First of all Rovers are not looking for sole rights to the stadium and have clearly said that all under age GAA matches are welcome on the pitch but to extend the dimensions of the pitch thus reducing its capacity size is not feasible.And in reply to the 10s of thousands of fans I would say comfortably Rovers have that and that about 5,000 attend matches.Please make sure you read my previous messages on this forum before you have something sarcastic to say.

My comment re the "junior" football was merely pointing out a factual error by the Rovers guys.

Id say you knew quite well what Johnathan Roche (Rovers Chairman) was on about when he said that all "junior" matches were welcome to use the stadium and by saying junior he meant under age.So please stop picking little ridiculous things that are irrevelant to the debate.

;D ;D

deiseach

Quote from: Good Relations on April 18, 2007, 06:55:53 PM
First of all Rovers are not looking for sole rights to the stadium and have clearly said that all under age GAA matches are welcome on the pitch.

If the first part of this sentence is true, then it's not for Rovers to say who can and can't use the pitch, is it?

willo

Quote from: tayto on April 18, 2007, 05:50:29 PM
Quote from: willo on April 18, 2007, 05:46:49 PM

good man willo, that's very clever stuff.
should that not be taytos

resdubwhite

Quote from: deiseach on April 18, 2007, 07:06:18 PM
Quote from: Good Relations on April 18, 2007, 06:55:53 PM
First of all Rovers are not looking for sole rights to the stadium and have clearly said that all under age GAA matches are welcome on the pitch.

If the first part of this sentence is true, then it's not for Rovers to say who can and can't use the pitch, is it?

And is the crux of the matter i feel.
its not for rovers to say wh ohas use and when, if they want it for forty days a year, SDCC decide who and when get it the other days.
undoubtedly, it would better suit the FAI to help fund the project than spend money in the courts. I think GAA people would undoubtedly feel a lot better if there was more funding from the them.
Because lets face it, if Davis win the case, it will not be built by the SDCC.

I feel SDCC and rovers problems lie with the delaysin planning that will be brought about by the redesign of the ground.
One I feel some sympathy with.
On the other hand, has anyone thought what is going to happen with the sharing of season (GAA march to oct/LOI march to oct)
The seasons would clash badly. Someone mentioned on res dubs very pertantly that tallaght would be a great base for a southside dublin team when the split (and it will) occurs.

A whole sorry mess, with good arguments on both sides.

Good Relations

I think the last point is interesting as I feel if TD (and I seriously doubt if they will) win the day and wreck all hopes and dreams of Rovers fans then John O Donohue as stated wont put up funding and SDCC will back out of the Stadium all together.Seen as the GAA already have there 25 or so acres in Rathcoole and have been promised heavy funding by the government for a new stadium the whole stadium not being built in Tallaght would not effect the GAA in the slightest