Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darbyo

Good Relations, I argued on here that you should be welcomed and not dismissed because you're a soocer man arguing the Rovers case. However now that you've been engaged in debate you have reverted to not caring about "long statements or fancy words" instead rovers "giving the finger" to the GAA is your only concern. I had a pretty open mind about the whole issue, but when some of the substantive issues are put to you, you don't seem capable of responding. What I'd like to know is, if SR are willing to share the ground with TD if the capacity of the ground is suitable?, as there does'nt appear to be any other reasonable reason for not sharing a municiple ground.

dublin15man

Quote from: Bensars on April 12, 2007, 03:22:23 PM
Quote from: Good Relations on April 12, 2007, 01:36:54 PM

Firstly as it is public money involved, all taxpayers will have an interest.

If Thomas Davis argument is that because public money is involved in developing the stadium, therefore it should be open for all sports to use, can soccer and rugby clubs all over the country make the same argument in relation to any GAA ground that has received any public funding?

Kerry Mike

QuoteIt was 20 years ago today – the gates of Milltown closed forever, marking the passing of one of Ireland's most iconic football landmarks.

Shamrock Rovers supporters will gather at the site of their former home in Milltown this evening at 7pm to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the last competitive game at the famous Dublin stadium. All are welcome to attend.

Thursday marks the 20th anniversary of the Hoops' FAI Cup semi-final 1-1 draw with Sligo Rovers. That match will be remembered for an emotional pitch invasion at half-time by supporters of both clubs angered at the prospect of losing the stadium, which had been the home of the Hoops since 1926.

Supporters will gather at Glenmalure Park tomorrow evening at 7pm as part of the MILLTOWN20 series of events surrounding the anniversary.

The ceremony will include the launching of 200 green and white balloons with tags attached that offer free admission to Rovers' next home game, which is against Drogheda United on April 20th.

From the EircomLOI site

How are they going to sqeeze in another 200 on top of the "at least 3000" they are hitting for every game.

I hope there is no South Westerly breeze blowing this evening. We have enough rubbish problems in the Kingdom at the moment.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Lone Shark

Quote from: Good Relations on April 12, 2007, 03:15:40 PM
3000 I tells ya...What more proof do ya want.

Honest to Christ. I apologise wholeheartedly to Dublinfella on behalf of this board that this clown was mistaken for you. Like I said earlier, we disagree, but I can appreciate his position as heartfelt and thought out. This is just ridiculous.

You tell us? That's somehow supposed to be proof? Then please, if this is the case, why are the official FAI figures reporting one third of that? Squaring that circle would go a long way towards re-establishing some sort of credibility for yourself.

As for your attitude in general, I have to say that your username is getting more farcical by the second.

Dublin15man, the support the GAA received for their projects from the exchequer tends to be of the order of 10% assistance and the like - witness the example i've given with O'Connor Park. In some cases it may be marginally more, but in all cases the majority of the funding has to be found by the GAA county or club board involved, and as was pointed out, it always was. The GAA had clubhouses throughout the seventies and eighties, a time when Government funding for these projects was non-existent. The GAA has no more responsibility to house the homeless sports than the recipient of mortgage interest relief has to house the homeless, since the level of support is comparable.

Shamrock Rovers are not receiving grant aid towards a private project - a municipal stadium is being built, a stadium to which they are contributing absolutely nothing except freeloading. Nothing. And yet they seem to think they have the right to decide who can freeload with them.

Grant assisted private facility - municipal stadium. Keep trying, ye'll get the distinction yet.

Bensars

Quote from: dublin15man on April 12, 2007, 03:29:06 PM

Firstly as it is public money involved, all taxpayers will have an interest.

If Thomas Davis argument is that because public money is involved in developing the stadium, therefore it should be open for all sports to use, can soccer and rugby clubs all over the country make the same argument in relation to any GAA ground that has received any public funding?

I stated " all taxpayers will have an interest".   Let me know which word you are confused about ??

Also can you also let me know how much of the building costs have shamrock rovers contributed ?

Quotecan soccer and rugby clubs all over the country make the same argument in relation to any GAA ground that has received any public funding?

How many municipal grounds are being used around the country for rugby and Gaelic. ??  

magpie seanie

QuoteIts the principle at stake not the percentage.

You couldn't make it up!

Bring back Fearon, all is forgiven!

Good Relations

Proof of funding...Well hear ya go...

The Sports Capital Grants for 2007 - 85 million Euros in all - were announced yesterday.

Although the grants in Dublin are fairly well spread, the grants around the country are ludicrously biased towards GAA. In some counties, almost 100 per cent of the money has gone to GAA. These f**kers appear to be using and abusing the grant funding to gain a complete strangle-hold on rural communities. As usual, many of the towns involved are so small that I've never heard of them - yet the handful of GAA members there get to build a clubhouse for themselves.

Bizarrely - if you scroll down through the grants for Dublin, you will note that Thomas Davis have received ANOTHER 200,000 Euros. What's that about?!

Here's the list:
http://www.arts-sport-tourism.gov.ie...ortgrants.html

Good Relations

S theres proof of attendances and proof of grants....

tayto

Dublin 15 man. You think that's a strong argument??? Jesus wept, clutching at straws more like.

Do you know what a municipal stadium is? Do you understand the difference between privately owned and publicly owned? Renting something and owning something.

This is basic stuff.

magpie seanie

QuoteThese f**kers appear to be using and abusing the grant funding to gain a complete strangle-hold on rural communities. As usual, many of the towns involved are so small that I've never heard of them - yet the handful of GAA members there get to build a clubhouse for themselves.

Oh my God it gets worse! Whoever is on this wind up please stop. I'm going to get fired if I keep laughing out loud like this.

tayto

Quote from: Good Relations on April 12, 2007, 03:52:51 PM
Proof of funding...Well hear ya go...

The Sports Capital Grants for 2007 - 85 million Euros in all - were announced yesterday.

Although the grants in Dublin are fairly well spread, the grants around the country are ludicrously biased towards GAA. In some counties, almost 100 per cent of the money has gone to GAA. These f**kers appear to be using and abusing the grant funding to gain a complete strangle-hold on rural communities. As usual, many of the towns involved are so small that I've never heard of them - yet the handful of GAA members there get to build a clubhouse for themselves.

Bizarrely - if you scroll down through the grants for Dublin, you will note that Thomas Davis have received ANOTHER 200,000 Euros. What's that about?!

Here's the list:
http://www.arts-sport-tourism.gov.ie...ortgrants.html

Yer, indeed, those are sports capital grants. Open to ANY sports organisation that has the gumption to get of their arse and develop a project for which they raise a significant funding for themselves. Grants that ANY sports club can pllay for. How do i apply for a free 10,000 seater stadium? Do i need to default on my tax first?

tayto

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 12, 2007, 03:58:13 PM
QuoteThese f**kers appear to be using and abusing the grant funding to gain a complete strangle-hold on rural communities. As usual, many of the towns involved are so small that I've never heard of them - yet the handful of GAA members there get to build a clubhouse for themselves.

Oh my God it gets worse! Whoever is on this wind up please stop. I'm going to get fired if I keep laughing out loud like this.

Town he's never heard of ... dear god .... this guy must be having a laugh. no one is this thick ... are they ....

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Good Relations on April 12, 2007, 03:54:11 PM
S theres proof of attendances and proof of grants....

I think you just need to be loved.
Do you have a girlfriend....
I know a few non-fussy ladies,  not lookers but great personalities....I can introduce you....

bordering on desperate, but they'd love you...

Good Relations

He who laughs last laughs the loudest....
:D :D :D

tayto

You gotta love the "GAA is getting all the money" stuff. 

It's as simple as this. There are more clubs, with more cub members and volinteers in the GAA then any other sport.

These clubs arent crippled by paying players wages that they can't afford, therefore they can use the money they raise to invest in facilities, which the government rightly gives grant aid towards.

This is only proper and right.

These grants are open to any club that is well run. It only makes sense that the bigger an association the more money it'll recieve in this manner.

Comparing this level of funding to the Tallaght situation is a total red herring.