Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Sf brexit is going to happen. You may get used to it.

More than happy to be wrong but see no possible way I will be.

Milltown Row2

Higher turn out at my polling station, purely going on previous two elections
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2019, 07:13:58 PM

62% turnout at 5pm at stranmillis. That's ridiculous. My parents were queuing at 11am. It's going to be an interesting night ahead of us

RedHand88

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 12, 2019, 07:59:27 PM

62% turnout at 5pm at stranmillis. That's ridiculous. My parents were queuing at 11am. It's going to be an interesting night ahead of us

I vote in a staunch unionist area of South belfast, it was less than 31% at 5pm. Pengelly is gone.

smelmoth

Quote from: trailer on December 12, 2019, 04:24:33 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 12, 2019, 04:09:43 PM
The twitterati are ranting about a #youthquake

Not entirely convinced by twitter as it's very much an echo chamber.

Is there any truth in this?

Some reported (young) people being turned away from #PollingStations because they didn't have ID.

That is bollocks.

YOU DO NOT NEED ANYTHING TO VOTE, NO ID OR EVEN POLLING CARD.

Make sure you go and #Vote. #GE2019

I needed photo ID, is this just a Norn Iron thing?

You need ID. End of story.

Ignorance is bliss

smelmoth

Quote from: marty34 on December 12, 2019, 06:11:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 12, 2019, 12:53:19 PM
When Colum and Claire go to westminister and don't stop Brexit for the north will westminister be exposed as a myth for nationalists?

That's the point I would have - Colm always talking about he will stop Brexit.  If elected, and I think he'll win and Brexit goes ahead in whatever form, he'll have egg on his face.

So if Eastwood is elected and Boris wins with a handsome majority there will be egg on Eastwood's face. Do you have the slightest clue how parliamentary democracy works?? Maybe best all round if you don't answer that

Rois

Just got a knock on the door from SF with 1hr 15 mins to go to ask if I'd been out to vote yet. Working very hard in North Belfast.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rois on December 12, 2019, 08:46:49 PM
Just got a knock on the door from SF with 1hr 15 mins to go to ask if I'd been out to vote yet. Working very hard in North Belfast.

seafoid

Quote from: smelmoth on December 12, 2019, 08:27:28 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 12, 2019, 06:11:26 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on December 12, 2019, 12:53:19 PM
When Colum and Claire go to westminister and don't stop Brexit for the north will westminister be exposed as a myth for nationalists?

That's the point I would have - Colm always talking about he will stop Brexit.  If elected, and I think he'll win and Brexit goes ahead in whatever form, he'll have egg on his face.

So if Eastwood is elected and Boris wins with a handsome majority there will be egg on Eastwood's face. Do you have the slightest clue how parliamentary democracy works?? Maybe best all round if you don't answer that

8:37pm
"Pound gets the jitters in final hour
With time ticking until voting hours are over (10pm), the pound has started to fall against the dollar and the euro,"

Pound down means no Tory landslide expected

Orior

DUP offering people lifts to the polling station in North Belfast. I got them to take me to the local Spar where I got a loaf.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Square Ball

Voted in Cooke polling station in South Belfast, must have been 40 or so people queueing outside. First time I have ever seen that.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

gallsman

Suzanne Breen saying bookies have Finucane at 4/6 with Dodds at 11/10!

imtommygunn

Quote from: RedHand88 on December 12, 2019, 08:19:35 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on December 12, 2019, 07:59:27 PM

I vote in a staunch unionist area of South belfast, it was less than 31% at 5pm. Pengelly is gone.

I really really hope you are right.

Gees if finucane wins I could actually see some trouble up there.

seafoid

Quote from: gallsman on December 12, 2019, 09:08:50 PM
Suzanne Breen saying bookies have Finucane at 4/6 with Dodds at 11/10!
From Twitter
pinkmiss Retweeted

Sniffer 72
@Weller64
ยท
2h
The turnout figures in Nationalist areas of North Belfast at 5pm are off the scale.  Whatever happens tonight, John Finucane has mobilised the electorate here in a way unseen since the 1980's.  He appeals to all classes and is getting votes right across the divide.

Square Ball

North Belfast odds from Odds checker
SF 4/5
DUP 11/10
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid