Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

I watched Mission Impossible III last night.

What a a complete load of shite (and it turned out it was not impossible at all)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Quote from: Rav67 on February 08, 2009, 12:35:07 PM
Saw Slumdog Millionaire which was ok, and Revolutionary Road which was excellent I thought.  The old couple's insane son is hilarious in it.

I dont think he was supposed to be funny, he was deemed "mad" but was the only person that was speaking the truth and was not full of it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Main Street

Quote from: The Corporal on February 16, 2009, 09:06:51 AM
Has anyone ever seen the film Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon? Absolute quality show!
I have seen it.
It's in the  'seen it but instantly forgettable and can't remember what wasted my time'  catagory.

nrico2006

QuoteHas anyone ever seen the film Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon? Absolute quality show!

Saw it and it was good enough, a bit in the mould of 'Hard to Kill, that Jodie Foster one and 'The Punisher'.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

longball

seen BOLT.

it was alrite! (possible quote for the DVD cover)

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Orior on February 16, 2009, 09:13:28 AM

What a a complete load of shite (and it turned out it was not impossible at all)
I enjoyed it alright but got bored towards the end. Thon's a great job for making a new face!

leenie

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 16, 2009, 10:29:03 PM

I enjoyed it alright but got bored towards the end. Thon's a great job for making a new face!

was not overly pushed ... but its got johnaton rhys in it so just looked at him

i seen evan almighty, i thought it was good as i wasn't a fan of bruce almighty but then again not really a fan of jim carrey!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Bogball XV

Quote from: leenie on February 16, 2009, 10:32:56 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 16, 2009, 10:29:03 PM

was not overly pushed ... but its got johnaton rhys in it so just looked at him

i seen evan almighty, i thought it was good as i wasn't a fan of bruce almighty but then again not really a fan of jim carrey!
Nah, Evan almighty is the worst movie I've seen since Studs (or whatever the really crap Brendan Gleeson Dublin soccer team movie was).

Longshanks

Saw Defiance lastnight, not a bad show at all..

Seen Taken last week though and Neeson is amazing, takes not shit and takes out everyone (talk about a man on a mission-a defo must see!)

longball

yea taken def a top film. went to the cinema to see it was very impressed highly reccommended

The Iceman

Seen Underworld Rise of the Lycans yesterday  -I enjoyed it - definitely a good prequel to the first two and worth watching for fans of the series.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

longball

thought the first underworld was excellent.

The follow up was nowhere near as good (IMO) therefore wasnt keen on seeing the latest installment but if you say its good ICEMAN i'll give it a look but if i not happy i'm coming after you and i will get you.

The Ball  8)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Iceman on February 17, 2009, 03:42:14 PM
Seen Underworld Rise of the Lycans yesterday  -I enjoyed it - definitely a good prequel to the first two and worth watching for fans of the series.

Never seen any of them but I'd say Kate Beckinsale in cat suit is worth checking out. Is she in all of them?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: longball on February 16, 2009, 05:21:01 PM
seen BOLT.

I seen Bolt this evening there with the wee lad, and I thought it was brilliant! Very slick, funny and cute. The opening action scenes were superb I thought.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longball

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 17, 2009, 08:51:17 PM
Quote from: longball on February 16, 2009, 05:21:01 PM
seen BOLT.

I seen Bolt this evening there with the wee lad, and I thought it was brilliant! Very slick, funny and cute. The opening action scenes were superb I thought.

opening scenes were very good led you to believe that this was a super dog movie thou didnt it. then them clever writers pulled the rug out from under your feet. it was good.

hi norf before the showing of the film did it show a short Cars film ? thought it was brilliant