Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

saw street kings there few nights ago,  it was better than what i thought it would be.  wouldn be the biggest keanu reeves fan but i quite enjoyed this film.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

pintsofguinness

I'm watching "The brave one" at the minute - f**k it's surprisingly brillant!
Jodie Foster sees her boyfriend murdered, buys a gun and goes around killing bad people!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

fred the red

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 25, 2008, 10:41:27 AM
I'm watching "The brave one" at the minute - f**k it's surprisingly brillant!
Jodie Foster sees her boyfriend murdered, buys a gun and goes around killing bad people!

thought it was pure shitttttttteeeeeeee myself.

pintsofguinness

No, good show, like a real life super woman!

Watching 10,000 bc now - some great scenes in this. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Watched pride and glory there with Ed Norton, Colin Farrell and John Voight.

Enjoyable low budget movie, with a couple of great turns - few scenes not for the faint hearted.

The Iceman

watched Michael Moore's Sicko on sunday night there - ready to move - definitely watch this if you get a chance

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SidelineKick

Seen it a good while back, its brilliant.  Although probably biased and well edited there are some facts in it that cannot be changed.  Very good viewing!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Tony Baloney

Watched Iron Man on Saturday night. Didn't think it was as good as the reviews suggested as it was really slow in the middle third. The fact that I fell asleep and missed the last 20 mins didn't help either!
Quote from: SidelineKick on October 28, 2008, 01:22:28 PM
Seen it a good while back, its brilliant.  Although probably biased and well edited there are some facts in it that cannot be changed.  Very good viewing!
Moore's flicks are always watchable but need to be taken with a barrel of salt in my opinion.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 28, 2008, 01:30:01 PM
Watched Iron Man on Saturday night. Didn't think it was as good as the reviews suggested as it was really slow in the middle third. The fact that I fell asleep and missed the last 20 mins didn't help either!
Quote from: SidelineKick on October 28, 2008, 01:22:28 PM
Moore's flicks are always watchable but need to be taken with a barrel of salt in my opinion.

Yeah think you're right, can never take in everything he says.  Good entertainment all the same!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

The Iceman

ordered the rest of the doc's he has  - like his style and point noted on the "pinch" of salt
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Our Nail Loney

Saw a few films in the last week:

Gangs of New York - keek, what a shit ending, nowhere near the hype

Taken - wee bit keek, ok in places but very predictable, when did liam neeson become a hard nut?

Tropic Thunder - class, tom cruise was a f**king laugh as was matt mcconaughey

Donnie Brasco - seen it before but watched it for first time in couple years, great show

Tony Baloney

Bugger all in xtravision tonight so came out with something called The Flock with Richard Gere. Watched about fifteen mins before giving it the button. Anyone seen it and can give me their view so I can either give it another rattle tomorrow or just write it off?!

milltown row

jus finished watching heat, seen before good show. still wondering if the first one was better than the remake

Tony Baloney

Quote from: milltown row on November 02, 2008, 12:43:43 AM
jus finished watching heat, seen before good show. still wondering if the first one was better than the remake
I've only ever seen LA Takedown once and it was donkeys years ago, possibly before Heat came out so it would be hard to compare them. Heat is a great show but it's a long un. Apparently the latest Bob and Al production was gash.

Top of the hill

Quote from: milltown row on November 02, 2008, 12:43:43 AM

Thought Heat was bit long meself. Michael Mann films usually good - Loved Manhunter (remade as red Dragon recently but nowhere near as good - Ed Norton looked as if he couldn'y be arsed. )

Watchin Hannibal now- poor enough.

. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way