Best Ever Line in GAA Commentary

Started by CD, September 08, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iorras

Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2013, 03:15:17 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 09, 2013, 03:08:01 AM
When Mannion scored his fisted goal against Kerry, the co-commentator (I think it was McStay) said he 'tomahawked' it into the net. Hilarious!

Leave K-Mac alone. No wonder he's the only man alive to coach the green and red to a senior AI if the rest of ye are so easily assumed >:(
I hadnt heard that Ballina's Tommy Lyons was dead. When in the bayjsus did that happen? Does he know? I only saw him last week and he didnt seem to know he was dead.

muppet

Quote from: iorras on September 10, 2013, 05:47:57 PM
When Mannion scored his fisted goal against Kerry, the co-commentator (I think it was McStay) said he 'tomahawked' it into the net. Hilarious!

Leave K-Mac alone. No wonder he's the only man alive to coach the green and red to a senior AI if the rest of ye are so easily assumed >:(
I hadnt heard that Ballina's Tommy Lyons was dead. When in the bayjsus did that happen? Does he know? I only saw him last week and he didnt seem to know he was dead.

Be gentle, his horizons are not very broad.

MWWSI 2017

ross4life

A few lines from our own Willie Hegarty.

"The game is gone, the horse has bolted... He's eating grass in another field!"

"He has watched the ball all the way,like a man watching a girl at a disco,she has blonde hair,he likes what he`s see`s and grabs it"

"came up the drainpipe like a thief in the night, but forgot to steal the good china"

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Feckitt

I only ever heard Willie Hegarty once, this year when Ros played Tyrone and he was brilliant from start to finish.

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2013, 06:07:06 PM
Quote from: iorras on September 10, 2013, 05:47:57 PM

Be gentle, his horizons are not very broad.

It's not a real AI if Mayo team wins it, lads.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Feckitt on September 10, 2013, 06:20:46 PM
I only ever heard Willie Hegarty once, this year when Ros played Tyrone and he was brilliant from start to finish.

+1

He called the ginger haired corner forward from Roscommon his little gingerbread man at one stage :)

5 Sams

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 09, 2013, 01:19:33 PM
Lads, anyone who has ever heard F-ing Eddie Moroney's famous commentary of the Tipperary U21 Football Final between his own Aherlow and Eire Óg Nenagh knows that this is a seminal video for one liners. The whole video is a compendium of them.

"A chance for the 'Bear', but No! He decides to Ballloooonn it out into the corn field".
"'There's no crut to that bollox at all" (aside What?, What? Sure he hit him!) back to commentary "Come on Ref!!"
"He's gone, sent off, the man with the sore knee" (A nenagh lad with a knee bandage)
"Lukey, Lukey, lovelly Lukey" (Luke had a score).
"Ah Jaysus, I'm dying. We were at a funeral yesterday and it was a long one, but sure we gave him a good send off".
"Give me drink of that lemonade. I think I'm going to be sick".
After the drink " And the ball goes out and .... buuurrrrppppp.....it's a line ball to Nenagh" (Or Naynah).

Ad infinitum. Aherlow won as well, which was 'The finest day for Aherlow in GAA circumstances'.
This was the first viral GAA vidjo. Quite brilliant.
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

Quote from: 5 Sams on September 10, 2013, 09:57:30 PM
Lads, anyone who has ever heard F-ing Eddie Moroney's famous commentary of the Tipperary U21 Football Final between his own Aherlow and Eire Óg Nenagh knows that this is a seminal video for one liners. The whole video is a compendium of them.

"A chance for the 'Bear', but No! He decides to Ballloooonn it out into the corn field".
"'There's no crut to that bollox at all" (aside What?, What? Sure he hit him!) back to commentary "Come on Ref!!"
"He's gone, sent off, the man with the sore knee" (A nenagh lad with a knee bandage)
"Ah Jaysus, I'm dying. We were at a funeral yesterday and it was a long one, but sure we gave him a good send off".
After the drink " And the ball goes out and .... buuurrrrppppp.....it's a line ball to Nenagh" (Or Naynah).

Ad infinitum. Aherlow won as well, which was 'The finest day for Aherlow in GAA circumstances'.

Watched it back in the early 90's on a shitty quality VHS tape.
He does post match interviews as well does our Eddie

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on September 11, 2013, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on September 10, 2013, 09:57:30 PM

Watched it back in the early 90's on a shitty quality VHS tape.
He does post match interviews as well does our Eddie

I thought they all ran away from him.
MWWSI 2017

johnneycool

He was using the non mic arm to grab hold of them, you could see some squirming to get away...

AZOffaly

Yes he did interviews too. Mind you he tended to answer his own questions.

Half time "well johnny, will we make history?"
"Well I ...."
"We will Johnny, we'll make history"