Best Ever Line in GAA Commentary

Started by CD, September 08, 2013, 05:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Heard the immortal lines 'Unlike Pythagoras, he hasn't got the angle quite right on this one!' as Colin Ryan put a free wide today. Not a bad line in the midst of a pretty frantic second half! Any other classic lines you can think of?
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: CD on September 08, 2013, 05:16:57 PM
Heard the immortal lines 'Unlike Pythagoras, he hasn't got the angle quite right on this one!' as Colin Ryan put a free wide today. Not a bad line in the midst of a pretty frantic second half! Any other classic lines you can think of?

This is the sort of thing he was going for, but he had no punchline unlike Micheál:

He has made an almost Lazarus-like like recovery from a heart condition, but Lazarus couldn't kick points like Colin Corkery.
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

There won't be a cow mil... Ah, you know the rest.

theticklemister

No no no no no.

A great line from today was when Mulcahy and Loughnane were getting interviewed and Lyster said that it was unlucky for to be playing 20 years and not recieve and all-ireland  medal when Mulcahy said

' There is a man down in Cork who got two within a fortnight'.  Class

Sidney

I believe Marty uttered the words "Oh Holy Moses" when Domhnall O'Donovan equalised today.

ONeill

Frank the tank, clankity clank

Sidebottom.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Itchy

It wasn't commentary but the time Brian Cody let Marty have it during an interview and when the camera went back to the studio all the boys were laughing and Get Loughnan says someone should be sent down to pick Marty up of the floor, thought that was a priceless moment

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on September 08, 2013, 10:04:41 PM
I believe Marty uttered the words "Oh Holy Moses" when Domhnall O'Donovan equalised today.

Probably looking for the tablets.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2013, 10:21:58 PM
It wasn't commentary but the time Brian Cody let Marty have it during an interview and when the camera went back to the studio all the boys were laughing and Get Loughnan says someone should be sent down to pick Marty up of the floor, thought that was a priceless moment

Cody is a walking condom-filler.

caraghtyrone

Micheáls tale of the Rabbit chasing the Fox around Croke Parkhas to be in everyones top 3?

Never beat the deeler

When Mannion scored his fisted goal against Kerry, the co-commentator (I think it was McStay) said he 'tomahawked' it into the net. Hilarious!
Hasta la victoria siempre

Syferus

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 09, 2013, 03:08:01 AM
When Mannion scored his fisted goal against Kerry, the co-commentator (I think it was McStay) said he 'tomahawked' it into the net. Hilarious!

Leave K-Mac alone. No wonder he's the only man alive to coach the green and red to a senior AI if the rest of ye are so easily assumed >:(

Captain Obvious

Matthew McMahon - Clare FM GAA commentator (during the All-Ireland 95)

"The cigarettes are being lit here in the commentary box, the lads are getting anxious, its a line ball down there to Clare and who's to take it?... Will ye put 'em out lads ye'll choke me."

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: Syferus on September 09, 2013, 03:15:17 AM
Quote from: Never beat the deeler on September 09, 2013, 03:08:01 AM

Leave K-Mac alone. No wonder he's the only man alive to coach the green and red to a senior AI if the rest of ye are so easily assumed >:(

what are you spluttering on about now?
Hasta la victoria siempre