Kildare v Louth QR2

Started by Dinny Breen, July 01, 2013, 11:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

None of the qualifiers have been on TV so far, I would prefer if it wasn't on TV, more people will attend it.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 05, 2013, 06:03:21 PM
None of the qualifiers have been on TV so far, I would prefer if it wasn't on TV, more people will attend it.

If H&S have capped the capacity at 7,500 it should sell out regardless.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Stevie g 8

Has the makings of a good match.AOR has louth in great shape,fitness levels way up and playing to a system that suits.Past reputations mean nothing either with.My only worry is midfield,bar paddy Keenan we have no other natural midfielders and if he struggles like in the Wexford game we could be in trouble

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 05, 2013, 06:03:21 PM

Newbridge will be full for a qualifier either way. Always a sickener for emigrants when these games aren't televised.

emmetryan

Quote from: All of a Sludden on July 01, 2013, 03:09:37 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 01, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Will this be held in Newbridge?

Newbridge probably won't be able to hold the crowd, move it to Drogheda.

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 01, 2013, 02:54:25 PM
Aidan O'Rourke will know the Kildare players inside out and that could give Louth an edge.

He doesn't even know the Louth panel inside out at this stage.

While there are several games I'm not putting money on this weekend, if I was picking just one to avoid this would be it for sure. Really hard to get a feel on this one as there are so many what-ifs.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

All of a Sludden

Louth Team to face Kildare in this weekends All Ireland Football Qualifier:

SHANE MC COY
PADRAIG RATH
DESSIE FINNEGAN
JOHN BINGHAM
JOHN O BRIEN
DEREK CRILLY
RAY FINNEGAN
PADDY KEENAN
BRIAN WHITE
CIARAN BYRNE
CONOR RAFFERTY
ADRIAN REID
DEREK MAGUIRE
SHANE LENNON
COLM JUDGE
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Stevie g 8

Strong team.Good to see Keenan and white renewing their midfield partnership that went so well in 2010.O brien and ray finnegan coming in as expected and Donnelly the one left off.no surprises bar Shane mc coy in goal that plays for O Rourkes club team in armagh

Ohtoohtobe

That's a scary full-forward line. I'd expect a very high-scoring game on Saturday and my major worry is that Louth's greater accuracy from frees by White might swing it.

Zulu

Kildare team:

Connolly; Hyland,Foley,McGrillen, Callaghan,P.Kelly,Bolton; Dar.Flynn,O'Neill; P.Cribbin,N.Kelly,E.O'Fla; J.Doyle,Dan.Flynn,Brophy

Donnellys Hollow

No change in the six backs shows how light we are in that department with Lyons and Doyle injured. Morgan O'Flaherty might consider himself unlucky not to be included ahead of Bolton.

It's a hard one to call. Louth love playing Kildare and they will have no fear of travelling to Newbridge. Kildare will also be fragile enough after such a comprehensive defeat less than two weeks ago. I'm looking forward more to the minor final on Sunday than this to be honest.

Syferus

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 11, 2013, 10:56:05 PM
No change in the six backs shows how light we are in that department with Lyons and Doyle injured. Morgan O'Flaherty might consider himself unlucky not to be included ahead of Bolton.

It's a hard one to call. Louth love playing Kildare and they will have no fear of travelling to Newbridge. Kildare will also be fragile enough after such a comprehensive defeat less than two weeks ago. I'm looking forward more to the minor final on Sunday than this to be honest.

Have things got that bad that Bolton isn't assured of his place? On his day the only HB that can equal or better Karl Lacey.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2013, 11:27:56 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 11, 2013, 10:56:05 PM

Have tihngs got that bad that Bolton isn't assured of his place? On his day the only HB that can equal or better Karl Lacey.

On his day, yeah, but hasn't had 'his day' all year. Can't remember him doing anything special since the Limerick qualifier last year. Not sure what's up with him. Has given us so much that he probably deserves to keep his place though. Hopefully get a big one out of him. Lads we're seriously vulnerable in this match.

Donnellys Hollow

I don't think he would be starting if Lyons and/or Doyle were fit. For a long established regular, he has been poor for a good while now. To be fair the same could be said about Flynn, Foley and Callaghan against Dublin.

These older guys who have been at it a long time have given a lot to the Kildare cause but it looked the last day, and to a lesser extent against Offaly, that the well might be beginning to run dry. I hope I'm wrong and that there's a kick left in them because no team can rely solely on promising youngsters.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

I am not sure about all this Lily béal bocht.

The Kildare money is out in force again
2/5 on

http://www.oddschecker.com/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kildare-v-louth/winner
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU