Kerry v Tyrone

Started by Ball Hopper, July 16, 2012, 08:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Anyone know the best/quickest road to kilarney from omagh?
down through the midlands or via dublin on the motorways?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

ballymac

This is the game of the round and the winners will probably go on to the quarters, no offence to Clare. But when they get there the big guns are waiting and while Tyrone came closer to beating AI contenders (Donegal) than Kerry did (Cork) will any of these teams be a real contenders ?

Tyrone have won AIs through the back door as Kerry have, but this year I would be surprised if any of these teams are in the final. Tyrone fans can claim loss of players through injury as can Kerry and each set of fans can claim to have the best team, style of play etc etc.

Darragh O Se talked in his article about his realisation of how other counties seen Kerry, the last 10 yrs has shown Kerry people in a different light. Mike Sheehy talked about respect that Tyrone have not earned he would need to wake up. It is a great sign of respect to Tyrone that Kerry take it personal and feel that this is unfinished business, that they need a Tyrone scalp. Well THIS IS their best opportunity. If it comes down to Mickey Harte vs Jack (I have to beat Tyrone before I retire) O  Connor where would you put your money?

I was in Killarney a few years ago enjoying the Kingdom when Tyrone v Cork AI semi was on, and was amazed at the number of Cork fans in Kerry jerseys. A few of these fans came up to us to admit that they would prefer not to meet Tyrone as they feared us more than Cork. So Mike Sheehy don't be afraid and don't go getting personal or there are a few weminn with handbags coming your way.     

omagh_gael

I'd be more than happy to debate football with you Mike but not the wumming crap you continually spout. It would be refreshing to hear your views on the game, considering you're such a patriotic Kerry man.

Tyrone Dreamer

I've a season ticket and have been allocated tickets in O'Sullivan Stand. I assume this is the main seated stand? It says section D and row 1. Would I be right in guessing this is the front row? If so how bad are the front row seats in the stand? Like will I be looking through a fence and trying to see through people on the sideline?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 19, 2012, 11:34:46 AM
I've a season ticket and have been allocated tickets in O'Sullivan Stand. I assume this is the main seated stand? It says section D and row 1...

I'd say that that's the human enclosure  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Keane

Lecale2

Tyrone are great value at 2-1 to win.

Whishtup

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 18, 2012, 06:17:02 PM
Quote from: Whishtup on July 18, 2012, 09:13:23 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 18, 2012, 07:07:35 AM
Quote from: rrhf on July 17, 2012, 11:44:41 PM
if we take kerry it will be a last 20 minute win, and to do with fitness and pace that we can bring on.

Fitness and pace ? I heard you were going to park the bus in front of the goal but decided to use Mugsy instead.

It'll be hot so watch out for pies being thrown along with the water bottles  ;D

I'd say ye got some thrill looking for that photo.

Twasn't hard really. I think I just googled "fat Tyrone git" or something along those lines.

btw, is it true he moved to Cookstown because he thought it was a centre of culinary excellence ?

I'll have you know that Cookstown sizzlers have been plugging the flow of self-righteous slurry from fat-mouthed Kerrymen for many's a year now. ;)

heffo

Really looking forward to this.

Head says Kerry by five but heart isn't writing off Tyrone and just feel they always raise their game against Kerry

J OGorman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 19, 2012, 08:38:47 AM
Quote from: cadence on July 19, 2012, 07:59:12 AM
unfortunately for tyrone, i doubt that the kerry team will be relying on the venue to see them through this one. they wouldn't be that stupid, would they?

"unfortunately"..."I doubt"...jesus what the f**k is it you Tymoan lads and this fixture...such manufactured bravado ..yet such doubt. How about nailing your colours to the mast and stop being the britboy pussies that we know you are ? Are you going to win or not ?

Up Tyrone...anything to shut this pollution up!

Onion Bag

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 19, 2012, 09:36:13 AM
Anyone know the best/quickest road to kilarney from omagh?
down through the midlands or via dublin on the motorways?

Dublin on the motorways
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Fuzzman

Disappointing how this thread has gone as to me its making history with the first meeting between these two big guns (OK OK 1 big gun Armagh & Kerry lads) in the holy grail of football.  ::)

I agree with Omagh Gael.
KM, I thought you'd be be entertaining us a bit better this week with some descent analysis and reasons why Kerry are gonna win but so far you've reduced yourself to school yard tactics that would make Ricey and Galvin seem like angels.  ::)
Can I ask you one question though? Do you disagree with Dara's analysis?
He seems quite confident though ye will do it this time.

Here's my honest take on the big game.
On a positive side for Tyrone.
We're much fitter than other years and we've a lot more pace around the team that Kerry have I think with the exception of Darren O'Sullivan.
We gave Donegal a real scare in how to play against them and had we taken half our scores we would have beaten them but alas too many wides and not all of them were forced errors either.
Tyrone too will really relish this game so players like Penrose and many others who missed out on game time in 2005 & 2008 will be VERY keen to prove their worth

Defensively Tyrone CAN play like Donegal or Dublin but in the past have sometimes chosen not to do so. eg v Armagh. I think if we defend like we did v Donegal in the first half, which was a bit like how we held Kerry to 4/5 points in the first half in 2003 then they will become nervous, panicky and the fans will indeed boo them off at half time or at least be giving out loads.
So I can see Mickey playing the William Wallace Braveheart hold hold hold scene

If I am to be honest though Kerry do have to be favourites
1. In their home ground - Though Armagh won there recently
2. They should have won the AI last year and put up big scores all year - see page 14
3. The revenge factor or 4th time lucky syndrome
4. They've got awesome forwards if they get their finger out & stop whinging
5. Tyrone have no reliable free taker so foul as much as you like
6. Sheahan will punish any foul given away within a reasonable radius so we need to see early on
    what is the ref letting go and is he blowing for surrounding a man.

At the end I just hope at the end there will be none of this mullarky

Stevie g 8

Kerry should win this with a bit to spare.tyrone were shaping up nicely but injuries starting to take there toll

armaghniac

Quote1. In their home ground - Though Armagh won there recently

Armagh won in Tralee. Kerry weren't up to much that night anyway.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

I see Brolly questioning this Kerry team's balls, especially Gooch's, in today's Gaelic Life. The kingdom are getting plenty of fodder.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.