Arlene's Latest Gaffe

Started by Seany, May 14, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seany

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/anger-over-arlene-fosters-disgraceful-sexist-description-of-sinn-feins-michelle-oneill-35713118.html

Her political equal, the person with whom she is supposed to be working towards sharing power, the person who put out her hand at the funeral of Martin McGuinness for her to shake, the leader of Nationalism and Republicanism in the six counties.

She is asked to describe her in one word.

'Blonde'.

For any of you 26 county people trying to get a handle on us up here, just remember this one.  Put it along with her calling of Irish speakers 'crocodiles', the fact that she is the leader of a party that is homophobic, believes the world to be 5000 years old, lives in a constituency that is already on the periphery because of its border location and stands to lose catastrophically due to Brexit, yet she still voted for it...

Worse than the worst days of GUBU.

seafoid

Very poor. I think she is very mediocre anyway. She managed the wood chip thing very badly. And now NI doesn't have an assembly. Brexit is another bad call.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Ffs.When I first read these comments I thought Arlene was being complimentary.Freestaters like Ruth Dudley Edwards and Eoghan Harris are regularly more offensive and venomous towards SF leaders.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2017, 08:46:58 PM
Ffs.When I first read these comments I thought Arlene was being complimentary.Freestaters like Ruth Dudley Edwards and Eoghan Harris are regularly more offensive and venomous towards SF leaders.
Name one southern leader who is as ignorant as Arlene
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: Seany on May 14, 2017, 08:01:27 PM
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/anger-over-arlene-fosters-disgraceful-sexist-description-of-sinn-feins-michelle-oneill-35713118.html

Her political equal, the person with whom she is supposed to be working towards sharing power, the person who put out her hand at the funeral of Martin McGuinness for her to shake, the leader of Nationalism and Republicanism in the six counties.

'Blonde'.

For any of you 26 county people trying to get a handle on us up here, just remember this one.  Put it along with her calling of Irish speakers 'crocodiles', the fact that she is the leader of a party that is homophobic, believes the world to be 5000 years old, lives in a constituency that is already on the periphery because of its border location and stands to lose catastrophically due to Brexit, yet she still voted for it...

Being against gay marriage is not homophobic.

imtommygunn

They are homophobic though.

T Fearon

Seafoid Arlene referred to Michelle as "blond,and very attractive" Arlene is regularly referred to as "Nick Cotton" by non unionists on Twitter and Facebook.Gerry Adams resolved to break unionist "bastards"Ignorance is not the preserve of just one of the tribes promoting the obsolete and totally out of date UK Unionist and Irish Nationalist philosophies in the North.

While all this sham fighting is going on,real problems like health,education,poverty etc in the North grow and grow.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Seany on May 14, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

'Blonde'.

No doubt Foster has major faults and prejudices and is divisive but keep to the facts when you attack her.  You have absorbed the propaganda and are now repeating it as fact.

Foster's reference to crocodiles related to Sinn Fein in that she believed with every concession given to them they only came back for more and, in her opinion, the demand for an ILA was just another issue requiring a concession from the DUP. Not all Irish speakers are members of SF and not all Irish speaker demand an ILA.

http://www.thejournal.ie/arlene-foster-gerry-adams-3225834-Feb2017/

https://www.rte.ie/news/2017/0206/850536-ni-politics/

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: T Fearon on May 14, 2017, 09:28:43 PM
Seafoid Arlene referred to Michelle as "blond,and very attractive" Arlene is regularly referred to as "Nick Cotton" by non unionists on Twitter and Facebook.Gerry Adams resolved to break unionist "b**tards"Ignorance is not the preserve of just one of the tribes promoting the obsolete and totally out of date UK Unionist and Irish Nationalist philosophies in the North.

While all this sham fighting is going on,real problems like health,education,poverty etc in the North grow and grow.

But, meanwhile, we have to face up to the most serious problem in the world. Glasgow Celtic winning every game & how to deal with the failings of the manager.

Minder

Seafoid Arlene referred to Michelle as "blond,and very attractive" Arlene is regularly referred to as "Nick Cotton" by non unionists on Twitter and Facebook.Gerry Adams resolved to break unionist "b**tards"Ignorance is not the preserve of just one of the tribes promoting the obsolete and totally out of date UK Unionist and Irish Nationalist philosophies in the North.

+1. I can imagine the outrage on social media is off the charts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

T Fearon

Main Street

He plays fast and loose with the truth
"At this stage, 60% of my guests are British people who are flocking to Donegal, which is wonderful"
10 seconds later
"Today, 80% of my guests are English, so I will fly their flag."

Orior

Is it any different from a few Irish boys hanging their county flag or Tricolour from their balcony in a hotel while on holiday?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Avondhu star

No need to bother people with real issues like health and education when their political leaders on both sides can distract them talking shite about 1690 and 1916
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Tony Baloney