Sigerson 2019

Started by ck, November 28, 2018, 01:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Zulu

Really good game here in Dangan.

skeog

Corofin dont wrap their players in cotton wool.Molloy giving his all for NUIG.

GalwayBayBoy

Tour de force by Robert Finnerty here. He must have 1-5 or 1-6 from play as well as a few frees.

GalwayBayBoy

NUIG miss a very scoreable free to take the game to extra time. UCC win by a point. Great game.

DuffleKing

Cracking game - nothing between two very good teams. Finnerty is a quality footballer.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 12, 2020, 05:05:35 PM
Tour de force by Robert Finnerty here. He must have 1-5 or 1-6 from play as well as a few frees.

Only watched the second half so missed most of Finnerty's scores, think he only got on the ball once during the half and got a brilliant score from it. I never thought he'd be good enough at the very top level but he appears to have kicked on a level, he's bound to get some game time during the league. I like the look of the younger O'Laoi too, think he can kick on again this year.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 13, 2020, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 12, 2020, 05:05:35 PM

Only watched the second half so missed most of Finnerty's scores, think he only got on the ball once during the half and got a brilliant score from it. I never thought he'd be good enough at the very top level but he appears to have kicked on a level, he's bound to get some game time during the league. I like the look of the younger O'Laoi too, think he can kick on again this year.

Finnerity was in good form but I thought the UCC backs marking him were fairly poor in the first half - don't know who was marking him initially but Flood from Meath was switched on to him early enough and had an absolute nightmare on him in the first half - gave him a world of space throughout - the worst being leaving him in absolute acres of space for the goal. Finnerity took advantage and got some tasty scores but it was up against a very poor level of defending for Sigerson never mind inter-county in my opinion. I think this year's league might be a bit soon for him yet.

UCC are favorites with the bookies but I think they could be in a bit of bother unless they tighten up at the back.

Blowitupref

DCU that good or Queens that bad? Queens biggest ever loss in the Sigerson cup overtaking their 16 point loss to UCC in 1947.

DCU 7-14 Queens 0-9
Letterkenny IT 1-14 IT Sligo 1-8

St Mary's v UCD gone to extra time current score UCD 1-10 St Mary's 2-4

UCD won 2-10 to 2-6.

Big shock in this evening match. IT Carlow 3-9
UCC 0-14
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

twohands!!!

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 19, 2020, 03:52:29 PM

Big shock in this evening match. IT Carlow 3-9
UCC 0-14

Not surprised they conceded goals based on the NUIG game - as I posted above they just didn't look secure at the back.

highorlow

Why does this get such poor publicity in our media, papers etc., can't find any match reports anywhere. I'd like to know how some of my county / club men did.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Rossfan

Probably reflecting the lack of interest among the GAA public and general public in these 3rd level competitions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Gaa.ie live steaming the Semi between DCU v UCD today at 6

Captain Obvious

Quote from: highorlow on January 22, 2020, 10:07:03 AM
Why does this get such poor publicity in our media, papers etc., can't find any match reports anywhere. I'd like to know how some of my county / club men did.

They give the best coverage https://www.the42.ie/gaa/

The national media don't seem to give the attention since the college line ups became less star-studded.

ck

I can honestly say I have never seen such poor coverage for Sigerson. I had to look up to see who were in the semi finals and struggled to find it. The HE GAA committee do not deliver when it comes to PR or coverage.

A lot of talk about Sigerson recently with fixture clashes. The ONLY solution is to move it to pre Christmas and play it off quickly through December or else kill the whole thing off cos this year was an absolute joke.