Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANON2018

Surely that transfer hasn't actually happened yet! (If it happens at all)
[/quote]

It's done.
[/quote]

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.
[/quote]

This is incorrect! Once transfer is requested to county board then club that is losing the player has 8 days to respond, if no response transfer automatically goes through as long as it is eligible, i.e home or work address is within parish of new club.

ANON2018

Also some parishes have more than one club so this is where you tend to to see more transfers occur. ie Dungannon/Edendork.

GlenMan

Quote from: ANON2018 on January 09, 2020, 07:27:05 AM
Surely that transfer hasn't actually happened yet! (If it happens at all)

It's done.
[/quote]

The window for transfer applications is 1st January to 1st March. Approvals/rejections only happen after that window closes. So no it can't be done.
[/quote]

This is incorrect! Once transfer is requested to county board then club that is losing the player has 8 days to respond, if no response transfer automatically goes through as long as it is eligible, i.e home or work address is within parish of new club.
[/quote]

How does that go against what I said? I'm aware that's how it works.

Balinderry in Tyrone

Why doe
Quote from: Balinderry in Tyrone on January 08, 2020, 11:07:03 PM
Was at the Tyrone game tonight, wasn't impressed with Tyrone's defence, they made it very easy for Armagh's forwards and to concede 3 goals was not impressive. One to watch who personally I thought should have got called up was Netownstewart/Naomh Owen Full back, Piaras McSorley, impressed throughout the year in Intermediate marking top quality forwards, one to bring in within years to come or even sooner
Why doesnt Stefan forker play for Armagh anymore? Is he still good enough?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2020, 08:14:24 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on January 08, 2020, 04:52:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 08, 2020, 04:34:28 PM
Experience tells me nothing good will come of this transfer.

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence

I'm not gonna name names but I've seen a few in my time and the player leaving usually the club wants rid, or the guy joining isn't really as good or committed as the club thought.
Only in the circumstance someone is moving as they are genuinely leaving for work or travel reasons in that instance they tend to work out a little less shit.

Penrose transfer worked out well for him, albeit he never won a senior championship but has been one of the best club players in his time and still is going by last years championship performances!

BG_Gael

Quote from: valley19 on January 08, 2020, 05:04:45 PM

do you have any examples of club transfers that worked out poorly? not being cheeky, im genuinely interested, always found club transfers to be a strange occurrence

DK

Can you not even bring yourself to say his name? I'm assuming you mean Darragh Kavanagh? In what way did his transfer not work out or worked out poorly?

valley19

Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 11:30:29 AM

DK

Can you not even bring yourself to say his name? I'm assuming you mean Darragh Kavanagh? In what way did his transfer not work out or worked out poorly?

Tell me what he has achieved...

Tyrone95

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on January 09, 2020, 10:59:02 AM

I'm not gonna name names but I've seen a few in my time and the player leaving usually the club wants rid, or the guy joining isn't really as good or committed as the club thought.
Only in the circumstance someone is moving as they are genuinely leaving for work or travel reasons in that instance they tend to work out a little less shit.

Penrose transfer worked out well for him, albeit he never won a senior championship but has been one of the best club players in his time and still is going by last years championship performances!

I think you should have put ''yet'' after that sentence GAAfanatic.... ;D

trailer

Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 09, 2020, 12:53:03 PM

Fair enough but Penrose was a genuine relocation.
When it's a fall out, it never works.

Under Lights

Quote from: trailer on January 09, 2020, 01:24:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on January 09, 2020, 12:53:03 PM

Fair enough but Penrose was a genuine relocation.
When it's a fall out, it never works.

Leo Meehan helped bring Loughmacrory to Division one in his first season.

BG_Gael

Quote from: valley19 on January 09, 2020, 11:45:53 AM

DK

Well he has played Division 1 football for a start, something he wouldn't do if he stayed where he was. Has won top scorer in the Intermediate Championship, which I'm sure would give Darragh more joy than winning a Junior League. So he's done alright out of his switch I'd say

skeog

Did one of the Gallaghers play a year with Dromore in 2008 or so.

GlenMan

Quote from: BG_Gael on January 09, 2020, 02:12:24 PM

DK

Well he has played Division 1 football for a start, something he wouldn't do if he stayed where he was. Has wontop scorer in the Intermediate Championship, which I'm sure would give Darragh more joy than winning a Junior League. So he's done alright out of his switch I'd say

You're saying he cares more about winning individual awards than winning County titles with his team(s).

BG_Gael

Quote from: GlenMan on January 09, 2020, 02:16:33 PM

DK

Well he has played Division 1 football for a start, something he wouldn't do if he stayed where he was. Has wontop scorer in the Intermediate Championship, which I'm sure would give Darragh more joy than winning a Junior League. So he's done alright out of his switch I'd say

You're saying he cares more about winning individual awards than winning County titles with his team(s).

No I'm saying he left to play senior football, something he felt he would never do in Clogher. And my point was that he'd not be that bothered winning a Junior League, but obviously winning a nice personal achievement is a bonus along the way

valley19

DK

No harm thats the biggest load of crap ive read...a night out in Bundoran over a county league with your club? Have a day off