Meath senior football

Started by Dunneroyal, Today at 11:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunneroyal

As a Meath man it pains me to say but I think Colm may have to step aside after this year. Depending of course on how the remainder of the year goes. We finished in same position as last year in league Colm got his first ever win in a Leinster game at any grade while shifting 3-12 to mid table 4th division Longford and got destroyed by a Dublin team who didn't get out of first gear. The reference to Cora Staunton and the fact she called out the tactics against Dublin in league last year as been naive before throw in was worrying. It would appear that he's more concerned over a year later with what Someone said in his old job than what he and the team was facing is extremely worrying. Colm was one of the greatest players of all time but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be a great or even average manager. We have got the easier draw for sure in Sam race. And one would expect with the talent we have we'd beat louth 50/50 v Monaghan and put up a huge showing v Kerry in navan for us to qualify.  But I feel the management are not up to it. And we have a proven winning manager waiting in the wings in cathal O'Bric now of course he must be left to his own devices for the foreseeable. But at years end I feel Meath cb have to act. Before we end up like Kildare or worse.
Hon the royal