Down versus Mayo

Started by SamFever, June 10, 2019, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OgraAnDun

Quote from: meatsy86 on June 12, 2019, 03:36:48 PM
For then Armagh match in the Ulster Championship at Pairc Esler there were shuttle buses running from the train station to the ground and also from the Quays/Buttercrane car parks to the match. I'm sure with the crowd expected they will be running something similar.

That's a partnership between Ulster GAA and Ulsterbus, I don't know if it'll be extended to AI series.

Farrandeelin

Another Friday, another rumour in rumourville.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

BennyCake

Quote from: highorlow on June 12, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
I see Newry train station is a handy 50 minute walk from the field. WTF?  - are there shuttle buses into the City Centre?

The shuttle bus is waiting outside the station and leaves a few minutes after the Enterprise train arrives from Dublin or Belfast. Just head out the main door, bus waiting on the right.

Similarly, the bus leaves the bus station along the canal (opposite Canal Court hotel), and gets you there for the corresponding train to Belfast or Dublin.

giveballaghback

Jaysus lads, life in the basement is hard.  ;D

dec

Quote from: johnnycool on June 12, 2019, 01:17:15 PM
Quote from: under the bar on June 12, 2019, 12:58:19 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 12, 2019, 12:56:35 PM
Is the canal court hotel near the ground?

Yes. Just a 40 min walk!

40 minutes?

I'd have thought it was much shorter than that unless you've a feed of drink in you.

It is about a mile

highorlow

QuoteJaysus lads, life in the basement is hard.  ;D

spoken by a man with years and years of experience of it, hit back to the Connacht Final thread
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Chicago Hurling

Chicago -> Milwaukee -> Galway

Mayo for Sam

MayoBuck

Not on TV.

Another rumour doing the rounds this morning unfortunately...  :-[

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Tubberman on June 15, 2019, 01:00:22 PM
confirmed by indo. Ruane broke his collar bone in training

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/blow-for-mayo-as-new-midfield-star-matthew-ruane-sidelined-with-broken-collar-bone-38221636.html

It's not as if we're blessed with midfielders either. Best wishes to young Matthew. A true gent off the pitch as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 15, 2019, 01:38:29 PM

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/blow-for-mayo-as-new-midfield-star-matthew-ruane-sidelined-with-broken-collar-bone-38221636.html

It's not as if we're blessed with midfielders either. Best wishes to young Matthew. A true gent off the pitch as well.

Tough break for the lad! Seamie is only a 50 minute man at best anymore and Donie has lost a lot of guile since recent injuries. Parson's  is still a long journey back.

The feel good factor from from winning the League in March and to the New York game is slowly sliding.

Cunny Funt

So unlucky at a time that Ruane was in fine form. Will S O'Shea take his spot or Diarmuid O'Connor move back into midfield as he did v Kildare last year?

larryin89

Disaster for Mattie ruane, the team and us lot too. Wish him all the best in his recovery , should still make it back for Breaffy who might fancy their chances this year.

Cillian is also rumored to not be near 100%, I think we are as well off out of 2019 championship at this stage , nobody is really up for it , ya can feel it , there is an air of acceptance now the good run has ended.

I sincerely hope when commentators on both social media and mainstream start writing the aul obituaries that they do take a moment and give a little credit to this band of absolute warriors who have given everything they could the last six/seven years and just came up a little shy of winning it out. There is no need for the nastiness at all , the battle is lost now , when a team leaves the stage like this a bit of respect should be shown.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

giveballaghback

Quote from: larryin89 on June 15, 2019, 02:13:50 PM
Disaster for Mattie ruane, the team and us lot too. Wish him all the best in his recovery , should still make it back for Breaffy who might fancy their chances this year.

Cillian is also rumored to not be near 100%, I think we are as well off out of 2019 championship at this stage , nobody is really up for it , ya can feel it , there is an air of acceptance now the good run has ended.

I sincerely hope when commentators on both social media and mainstream start writing the aul obituaries that they do take a moment and give a little credit to this band of absolute warriors who have given everything they could the last six/seven years and just came up a little shy of winning it out. There is no need for the nastiness at all , the battle is lost now , when a team leaves the stage like this a bit of respect should be shown.
No problem larryin, i will play the last post for ye.

Rossfan

He'd nearly bring a tear to th'oul eye :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM