Laois Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA-SMART

Who do the winners have in the Leinster Championship ?

les Antiques

Away to the Offaly or Wicklow champions.

Looking forward to a cracker today . Killeshin to shade it .

redsetanta

They had their chances today to at least take it to a replay. Great effort by them all the same.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Neutralobserver

Shocking game of football. Both intermediate and senior finals not a great advertisement for laois football

on the hop

Zooming around

Depressing competition. At least our hurling championship is competitive..... and a high standard

Target Man

Quote from: Zooming around on October 13, 2019, 07:21:34 PM
Depressing competition. At least our hurling championship is competitive..... and a high standard

Not sure I'd agree with that. Portlaoise  pushed to within one score in last 3 games, excluding replays only one of the games from quarter finals on decided by more than 3 points. 

A good few one sided games in hurling championship, and while it's reasonably competitive the results in Leinster would indicate quality is not as great as we would like to think. R/E are a team though that might change that if they win final

Blow-in

Quote from: Zooming around on October 13, 2019, 07:21:34 PM

Really? You should go to more hurling games in the county so!

Silkyskillssunshinee

Hopefully a few more new faces from Portlaoise come in this year. Saunders and Flanagan definitely deserve a chance.

The Monument Road

Thought the game was decent. Aston is one I'd love to see in with the seniors.  With a bit of coaching he could be a good half forward his best position I think..... hard luck to Kileshin. Best wishes to Stephen Atride in his new career down under.

The PRO

Quote from: on the hop on October 13, 2019, 06:52:02 PM
Minor was an excellent game
Agreed. Super game. O'Flynn and Hosey are a brilliant couple of forwards.

the sash

thought the second half of  today's game was entertaining when killeshin finally had the belief in themselves and just went for it. they caused portlaoise problems when they moved the ball quickly. the first half they were too pedestrian and laborious, the best thing about the first half was when brendan mccann brought it to a close. portlaoise did enough just to win it n had their final pass being a little bit better the game might have been out of sight early in the game. aston and dillon were both making each other and were both very influential  from play for their respective team scoring a few from play each. does niall  rigney wear a maor foirne bib ?because once again he spent more time on the pitch than on the sideline, he does what he wants without being reprimanded

town1980

Kilishin be very proud of the way yee played I am absolutely disgusted with the way we played unfit no aggression not our num one keeper playing slow our manager not even beside his team at the end I won't comment on how disjointed we were ,, the worst portlaoise performance in years I'm sorta raging  we won to show how bad we are and also it's showing in the support today for the town utterly shocking sorry rant over

Jd

Janey
The minor was a cracker. Young o Flynn has some engine in him. Scored 1:04 I think St. Paul's seem to have a good batch at the moment. Things looking good for courtwood and Emo for the future. That Ballyroan team was dominant all the way up so today was a major shock I think. the future looks good for them too   Young Lawson getting injured hurt them badly but all credit must go to Paul's for a fine display.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: town1980 on October 13, 2019, 10:16:07 PM
Kilishin be very proud of the way yee played I am absolutely disgusted with the way we played unfit no aggression not our num one keeper playing slow our manager not even beside his team at the end I won't comment on how disjointed we were ,, the worst portlaoise performance in years I'm sorta raging  we won to show how bad we are and also it's showing in the support today for the town utterly shocking sorry rant over
I wouldn't be too worried pal , you'll be getting your arses handed to ye In Leinster anyway .