The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

He's quoted in tonights Yorkshire Evening Post that he is definately not leaving and his ideal situation is the prem with Leeds!
That was never a square ball!!

tyronefan

hope he stays where he is

Leeds are on the up and long term would be a better bet than Burnley

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2010, 09:39:00 PM
Quote from: tyronefan on January 11, 2010, 09:35:30 PM
not good news for Leeds fans   Grayson is linked with the Burnley job

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8451692.stm

They will probably be in the same division next season so he is as well where he is.

Spot on.  I think he would be mad to move now,  Leeds will be in the Championship next season and will be relishing it, he is best off staying.  Now if he could only get Beckford to stay.

SLIGONIAN

Super Leeds Great result, great performance again,

Full House Elland Road to look forward too, Marching on Together...........need to pick it up again in the league aswell though,
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

ha ha good man yourself Sligonian

not sure about that penalty at the end but hey Leeds deserved at least a Replay, Beckford looked as good as any of the Spurs strikers today says a lot really!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

stew

well done Leeds, they fought till the last and earned a moneyspinning replay against the Spurs.

I am happy for the leeds heads on here, that team is showing they have what it takes to compete with the big boys.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

clarshack

was never a fan of leeds but fair play to them and the genuine fans for sticking by them. will be interesting to see how many utd and liverpool fans stick by their club when they go the same way.

ross4life

Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2010, 11:37:32 PM
was never a fan of leeds but fair play to them and the genuine fans for sticking by them. will be interesting to see how many utd and liverpool fans stick by their club when they go the same way.

when Man United were relegated in 1974 they were still getting some of the biggest crowds in England!

Everyone know's Liverpool &  Man United are the two biggest named clubs in England & maybe the world, having Genuine Fan's sticking by them will never be a problem

Better to Compare Leeds with Man city they also dropped two divisions & the hardcore fan's remained
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Billys Boots

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on January 23, 2010, 07:14:19 PM
Super Leeds Great result, great performance again,

Full House Elland Road to look forward too, Marching on Together...........need to pick it up again in the league aswell though,

Am seriously worried about the important job getting done - getting promoted; this shite gets another 10 days run, and a trip to Carlisle midweek for the Daf Trucks whatyamacallit before another tough fixture against Colchester on Saturday.  And Norwich have gone top.  Jaysus.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 24, 2010, 06:08:13 PM

Am seriously worried about the important job getting done - getting promoted; this shite gets another 10 days run, and a trip to Carlisle midweek for the Daf Trucks whatyamacallit before another tough fixture against Colchester on Saturday.  And Norwich have gone top.  Jaysus.

Agreed Billy - I share your worries which, after tonight, have now multiplied tenfold. It would appear that this Cup run is becoming too much of a distraction - Leeds have had a couple of great Cup nights - time now to bid it good-bye before the primary aim of the season disappears in a puff of smoke!   >:(

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on January 24, 2010, 02:21:11 AM
Quote from: clarshack on January 23, 2010, 11:37:32 PM

when Man United were relegated in 1974 they were still getting some of the biggest crowds in England!

Everyone know's Liverpool &  Man United are the two biggest named clubs in England & maybe the world, having Genuine Fan's sticking by them will never be a problem

Better to Compare Leeds with Man city they also dropped two divisions & the hardcore fan's remained

Yea but they didn't even notice.
MWWSI 2017

SLIGONIAN

Back in Business in the League thankfully :)

Billys Boots

Hopefully the cup distraction will be over this week.  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rufus T Firefly

A while since this one has seen the light of day, and boy have things taken a turn for the worse in the interim. I'd be very interested to see a league table for Division One based solely on points won in 2010 - I'd hazard a guess Leeds would be in relegation trouble. As of now though, Norwich look to have the league wrapped up, and it's all to play for as regards the second automatic promotion spot. I do not fancy another go at the play offs, but at the minute it is looking likely.

Anyway - a few rambling thoughts.

With each passing (bad) result, the following match becomes even more important - into that category comes the Swindon match on Saturday - lose that, and the likelihood is that Leeds will be in fourth place come Saturday night - the first time outside the top two since August. I have little basis for my optimism, but I can see Leeds turning Swindon over on Saturday, and getting the season back on track. The performance against Norwich was very promising and Leeds were somewhat unlucky to go down to a late goal. The loss of Patrick Kisnorbo though (in the Millwall game) to an achilles injury is a real body blow.

There are also rumours of rows between Grayson and Beckford - some have explained Beckford's absence for the Millwall game as the result of this - but as of now I would be playing him regardless - he'll be off into the sunset in a short space of time anyway.

If Leeds can beat Swindon on Saturday, and win at Yeovil on Monday (live on Sky), then I'd be a lot more hopeful. The one daunting fixture on the horizon is the trip to Charlton on the second last day of the season - I would not like to be depending on a win there for automatic promotion. Still all to play for! Come on Leeds!!   :)

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on March 30, 2010, 11:34:39 PM
A while since this one has seen the light of day, and boy have things taken a turn for the worse in the interim. I'd be very interested to see a league table for Division One based solely on points won in 2010 - I'd hazard a guess Leeds would be in relegation trouble. As of now though, Norwich look to have the league wrapped up, and it's all to play for as regards the second automatic promotion spot. I do not fancy another go at the play offs, but at the minute it is looking likely.

Anyway - a few rambling thoughts.

With each passing (bad) result, the following match becomes even more important - into that category comes the Swindon match on Saturday - lose that, and the likelihood is that Leeds will be in fourth place come Saturday night - the first time outside the top two since August. I have little basis for my optimism, but I can see Leeds turning Swindon over on Saturday, and getting the season back on track. The performance against Norwich was very promising and Leeds were somewhat unlucky to go down to a late goal. The loss of Patrick Kisnorbo though (in the Millwall game) to an achilles injury is a real body blow.

There are also rumours of rows between Grayson and Beckford - some have explained Beckford's absence for the Millwall game as the result of this - but as of now I would be playing him regardless - he'll be off into the sunset in a short space of time anyway.

If Leeds can beat Swindon on Saturday, and win at Yeovil on Monday (live on Sky), then I'd be a lot more hopeful. The one daunting fixture on the horizon is the trip to Charlton on the second last day of the season - I would not like to be depending on a win there for automatic promotion. Still all to play for! Come on Leeds!!   :)
Depressed with Leeds at the minute, heard the same on beckford/Grayson....its going to be hard to get going again and winnings a habit, so you know Play offs beckons IMO. Swindon will be tough.... anyways Leeds till I die.