Leinster Minor Hurling 2019

Started by burdizzo, April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

Minors out on Saturday evening against Westmeath at O'Moore Park. Anyone see any sign of a team anywhere?

Zooming around

Should be a good team, a mixture of two pretty good development squads. For different reasons, there's a few lads not on board.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: burdizzo on April 24, 2019, 04:26:11 PM
Minors out on Saturday evening against Westmeath at O'Moore Park. Anyone see any sign of a team anywhere?

Here ya go...

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2019/04/25/laois-minor-hurlers-announce-panel-captain-and-vice-captain/
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Giovanni

I thought last year's team looked very well prepared. Hopefully, if the player quality is better this year and the same level of preparation, you'd hope that they'd be competitive.

Congrats to Trumera who managed to produce 3 players worthy of a place on the panel. Very disappointing to see only 1 from Portlaoise.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on April 25, 2019, 08:46:37 AM
Should be a good team, a mixture of two pretty good development squads. For different reasons, there's a few lads not on board.

Some given the ultimatum

choose minor football over hurling

Young Burke from the Harps,Critchely from Portlaoise are 2 that would have added to it,but that's what your get when Hurling is actively marginalized in 2/3rds of the county

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on April 25, 2019, 06:37:09 PM

Some given the ultimatum

Young Burke from the Harps,Critchely from Portlaoise are 2 that would have added to it,but that's what your get when Hurling is actively marginalized in 2/3rds of the county

I didn't realise that there had been ultimatums given. That's disappointing, if in no way unsurprising. I wonder what the reaction would have been if the hurling management had given those young lads ultimatae. Different I'd guess.

I was talking about good hurlers from hurling clubs who didn't commit.

LooseCannon

Some given the ultimatum

Just said I'd pop in and say that dual players are accommodated this year and last year in Offaly. Not preaching or anything, but we were very competitive in the hurling anyway, while decent at the football. It didn't seem to hinder either team, to tell you the truth.

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on April 26, 2019, 11:52:58 AM

Some given the ultimatum

Just said I'd pop in and say that dual players are accommodated this year and last year in Offaly. Not preaching or anything, but we were very competitive in the hurling anyway, while decent at the football. It didn't seem to hinder either team, to tell you the truth.

There you have it lads, Offaly are the way forward it seems.

burdizzo

Well, I seem to recall they beat our minor hurlers last year, didn't they?

Don Draper

Quote from: burdizzo on April 26, 2019, 12:16:03 PM
Well, I seem to recall they beat our minor hurlers last year, didn't they?
And?

Giovanni

Did they? I thought we were in a group with Wexford Dublin and Kilkenny?

burdizzo

Yes, as the bottom team in that group, they played the top team in the second group - which was Offaly. They lost that game (though I can't remember the score) and that's why they're not in the top group this year - they failed to make the provincial semi-final.

Giovanni

Thanks for the clarification Burdizzo. I missed that match for some reason.

To go back to the point, I don't think it's helpful for anyone to be giving ultimatums to 16 or 17 year olds.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on April 26, 2019, 12:08:02 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on April 26, 2019, 11:52:58 AM

Some given the ultimatum

There you have it lads, Offaly are the way forward it seems.

Lost to eventual All-Ireland finalists by five points.
By the way, ye can have Delaney back anytime ye want. The ****.

Unlaoised

Quote from: Zooming around on April 26, 2019, 11:32:31 AM

Some given the ultimatum

I didn't realise that there had been ultimatums given. That's disappointing, if in no way unsurprising. I wonder what the reaction would have been if the hurling management had given those young lads ultimatae. Different I'd guess.

I was talking about good hurlers from hurling clubs who didn't commit.

Its also what you get when the Hurling manager is so anti football he couldn't accom those players or make it easier to be part of both codes...

Or so I'm told
LAOIS ABÚ