Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Happy Christmas mates and non mates..

ciaran1988

Any word on our panel for the Walsh Cup, away to Meath on Saturday. Be good to kick start the new season with a strong side out and get the win under our belts

let it fly

Any new young additions to panel this year anyone know

MoChara

old timers

Quote from: MoChara on December 29, 2017, 07:55:57 AM
Woody talking about injections of new talent but no mention of names

https://thesaffrongael.com/2017/12/29/saffs-begin-walsh-cup-with-a-royal-encounter/

Unfortunately it's not talking we need- think that's what happened last year- no win today and maybe they should have went for a stronger team - just to get a win IMO

north_antrim_hound

Anyone in trim yesterday
Who played well
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

spoke to a few of our lads who played. said conditions were poor enough and the pitch was very heavy but they didn't seem overally worried about the game. it was a usefully run out for everyone. said the game was pretty even the whole way through it but like previously its like a pre-season game and they were trying people out in different roles.
hurl like f**k boi!

old timers

Anyone at the Antrim hurling match today. Think the Antrim management team had a howler today in the McGurk cup.  No respect given to the competition whatsoever IMO.  Players out there that shouldn't have been. So many not even match fit let alone up to any standard.  I'm an Antrim supporter all my life and feel so disheartened after watching that.  Hoped that the Tipperary influence would have brought about some change.  Some strange decisions today but none more so than subbing the sub.  Embarrassing

Exiled Ruairi

Looking at the team on Facebook, so many players seemed jettisoned in. As far as I can make out, only 8 senior panelists stripped out today.

Seems very shoddy.

I know we play Dublin tomorrow and maybe that's why the team went out the way it did, but Dublin played Tipperary today and some of their big hitters were playing today and will play tomorrow.

Surely we could of put out more senior panelists or used more U21 panelists (I think 3-4 were involved today)

old timers

Curly Mcilwaine summed it up well today and I was glad to see others feeling the same as myself.
" Antrim are through to the final on score difference but in truth they barely deserve to be in the final so poor was today's display".  Saving players for the Dublin match tomorrow?? There were 4/5 of last years senior panel from what I could see and one was coaxed back to play in that match today.  A lot of others were drafted in for today.  What is that about ? If someone has any insight maybe they could enlighten the rest of us  please

Gall the way

I think I heard the college players all had to rig out for their college and therefore can't play for county in this competition? I'd prefer not to see more seniors playing today if they are needed tomorrow, especially if the small recovery time lead to an injury that could last months.

playwiththewind1st

Too many competitions, being played simultaneously, at this time of the year?

Gall the way

Possibly; although if organised properly and with the date of u21 Leinster being in May it could be a great way of getting the u21s together from start of Year. That seemed to be what they were going for

old timers

Quote from: Gall the way on January 06, 2018, 06:57:42 PM
Possibly; although if organised properly and with the date of u21 Leinster being in May it could be a great way of getting the u21s together from start of Year. That seemed to be what they were going for

that would mean forward planning and  thinking ??  ??

NAG1

Quote from: old timers on January 06, 2018, 03:30:19 PM
Anyone at the Antrim hurling match today. Think the Antrim management team had a howler today in the McGurk cup.  No respect given to the competition whatsoever IMO.  Players out there that shouldn't have been. So many not even match fit let alone up to any standard.  I'm an Antrim supporter all my life and feel so disheartened after watching that.  Hoped that the Tipperary influence would have brought about some change.  Some strange decisions today but none more so than subbing the sub.  Embarrassing

It is not a competition worth respecting, that being said if the county had not got a decent plan knowing their fixture schedule they should not have entered the competition.

If they only had a panel capable of playing one game a weekend then fair enough but plan and sort your schedule accordingly.