The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: johnnycool on March 19, 2024, 09:05:28 AMin the 00's I think he said Ireland only won 7 games for the whole decade, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Definitely not right. Sure the 'slam in 09 was 5 of them alone.

imtommygunn

I would have thought it was probably 90s. I think Ireland won about 7 games the whole of my childhood  :o

gallsman

Would make more sense. A few wooden spoons and usually one win a year sounds about right.

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2024, 09:37:09 AMWould make more sense. A few wooden spoons and usually one win a year sounds about right.

That's what he said  :o

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on March 19, 2024, 09:37:09 AMWould make more sense. A few wooden spoons and usually one win a year sounds about right.

Think we top the all time wooden spoon table

JPGJOHNNYG

Just had a look on Wikipedia it was the nineties, we won just 8 games in 10 yrs. I remember it well we were garbage. We couldn't beat France or Scotland would have an occasional win over England and then beat Wales in Cardiff but Lose to them in Dublin. Changed times.

seafoid

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on March 19, 2024, 11:46:55 AMJust had a look on Wikipedia it was the nineties, we won just 8 games in 10 yrs. I remember it well we were garbage. We couldn't beat France or Scotland would have an occasional win over England and then beat Wales in Cardiff but Lose to them in Dublin. Changed times.

Keith Wood on rugby then, following some patronising from Justin Marshall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37dubmz-wQw&t=277s
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

That was a top performance from Leinster today. 40-13 against the champions La Rochelle. They are talking about the semi final being in Croke Park.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 13, 2024, 07:52:46 PMThat was a top performance from Leinster today. 40-13 against the champions La Rochelle. They are talking about the semi final being in Croke Park.

Casement not available?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

If they're gonna use all of CP I'd get tickets for that. Saints very useful this season.

Milltown Row2

Northampton blew them away..

Have watched them a lot this year, quality team but beat an under strength team today

But home advantage and how Leinster are playing they should come through that..

I'll be at a stag that weekend, something to watch on the sun!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on Today at 12:28:51 AMNorthampton blew them away..

Have watched them a lot this year, quality team but beat an under strength team today

But home advantage and how Leinster are playing they should come through that..

I'll be at a stag that weekend, something to watch on the sun!
Saints have been been a great go forward team but since Lee Radford joining they've finally got a defence to match. You'd expect Leinster to win alright but Saints will fear no team this year.