You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: ziggysego on March 27, 2015, 02:36:00 PM
Today an 70+ year old man, who was a complete stranger, came up to me, put his hand on my face and started to stroke my beard.
Does no-one know what boundaries are anymore?

Never pictured you as a type who u would have a beard now

ballinaman

Today an 70+ year old man, who was a complete stranger, came up to me, put his hand on my face and started to stroke my beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8_0N7qXBf4

I'd steer clear of the southbank in London if you are ever over so!

ziggysego

Quote from: theticklemister on March 27, 2015, 05:04:39 PM

Never pictured you as a type who u would have a beard now

Had one a few years ago, but got rid of it. Started growing a new one two weeks ago. Still in that itchy, want to shave the f**ker off phase. lol

Quote from: ballinaman on March 27, 2015, 05:29:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8_0N7qXBf4

I'd steer clear of the southbank in London if you are ever over so!

That fella is a total belle*d.
Testing Accessibility

laoislad

Bet you wouldn't complain if it was a foxy blonde with big knockers.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hardy

ONeill

Heading home from work the other day. About 3:34. Yes, it was a long day.

Country road. Only me. Sailing along listening to Chris de Burgh.

I admit I was probably over the middle of the road....but.

Police car arrives in the distance...about 500 yards in front of me.

I straighten her up and we saunter past each other...I lift my finger in acknowledgement.

He passes but I see him braking, turns and follows me. Blue lights flash.

I pull over and he says have ye any identification. I says no and he says not even a bank card. I show him the card and he says do ye know why I've pulled you over.

Says I, was it because I was over the middle of the road a while back? He says aye. I says at this road is full of potholes and I was probably just avoiding one as I received a puncture on this road earlier in the week. (true)

He says, well, I'm going to breathalyse ye. He asks had I a drink in the last 20mins. Says I no, I'm just coming from school.

Test done and zero. He says I'm going to give you this ticket and you have to go to a police station with your license within 7 days or you're breaking the law.

No car passed us during any of the time spent at this palaver.

Couldn't find the license at all.

Found it after 3 days in a tin of beans. (true).

Moral of story....keep her left.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Quote from: gallsman on March 26, 2015, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 26, 2015, 11:22:32 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2015, 11:14:37 PM
Related: In American shops they have a fierce habit of putting the dollar bills on your hand and setting the coins on top. The problem with this is either the coins slide off and end up on the floor, or you have to drop everything and rush to catch them before they do. Either way it's awkward. I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top. When they do it the wrong way I've been known to give them a bit of advice about how to do it right.

I bet they love you.

Incidentally, I much rather have the paper notes first and the coins on top.

Definitely. Weighs the notes down.

Absolutely. You turn the receiving hand to the side, and slip the coins into the free hand (you obviously have yet to pick up your bag of Bushmills, Penthouse Letters, and Whiskas). Then you pocket the coins with the free hand, and are left with 2 hands to open the wallet and put the notes in. Unless you have a purse - then it's a different proposition.

Or alternatively - you can use your debit card for everything - but apparently that's a gear grinder too.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Puckoon on March 27, 2015, 10:30:02 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 26, 2015, 11:36:50 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on March 26, 2015, 11:22:32 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2015, 11:14:37 PM
Related: In American shops they have a fierce habit of putting the dollar bills on your hand and setting the coins on top. The problem with this is either the coins slide off and end up on the floor, or you have to drop everything and rush to catch them before they do. Either way it's awkward. I appreciate it when they put the coins in your hand first and put the bills on top. When they do it the wrong way I've been known to give them a bit of advice about how to do it right.

I bet they love you.

Incidentally, I much rather have the paper notes first and the coins on top.

Definitely. Weighs the notes down.

Or alternatively - you can use your debit card for everything - but apparently that's a gear grinder too.

Or, simply carry around lots of change, and pay with exact change for everything--being sure to slowly root around for your pennies and dimes as the queue builds behind you.

Milltown Row2

Razor blades!!!  Why are they so expensive? 3 aluminum strips on a piece of plastic!! £8 for pack of 4.... Mental... Be some mark up price on that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

theskull1

At least half the cost on marketing I'd say
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

redzone

auld people who lodge money in the bank and come straight out and check the cash machine just (before ure about to use it) in case the cashier stupidly lodged it in somebody else's account

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2015, 05:31:52 PM
Razor blades!!!  Why are they so expensive? 3 aluminum strips on a piece of plastic!! £8 for pack of 4.... Mental... Be some mark up price on that
Made for pence in China no doubt.

Windmill abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2015, 05:31:52 PM

Learn to live with facial (body) hair or pay the price for smooth skin, it's a close shave.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Kidder81

Razor blades sales must have taken a hit lately with all the hipster beards about