You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddie d

Quote from: LeoMc on February 27, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: eddie d on January 13, 2015, 10:49:58 PM
-ipads, tablets and smartphones and trying to talk to someone with their head stuck in one of them

-people asking for the wifi number when they go into your house or a pub

-the fact that you cannot go into Tesco and pay for a product(that is not in the store yet) and get it delivered to the shop, if you do not have click and collect.

People walking along (or worse driving along) using the speakerphone option on their handset to conduct a phone call.
Using the speakerphone does not make it hands free if you are holding it.
They only do it on the Apprentice so the viewers can hear both ends of the call.

I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not but my first point was referring to someone on the phone in the same room as me, and not a phonecall

LeoMc

Quote from: eddie d on March 01, 2015, 12:31:11 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 27, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: eddie d on January 13, 2015, 10:49:58 PM
-ipads, tablets and smartphones and trying to talk to someone with their head stuck in one of them

-people asking for the wifi number when they go into your house or a pub

-the fact that you cannot go into Tesco and pay for a product(that is not in the store yet) and get it delivered to the shop, if you do not have click and collect.

People walking along (or worse driving along) using the speakerphone option on their handset to conduct a phone call.
Using the speakerphone does not make it hands free if you are holding it.
They only do it on the Apprentice so the viewers can hear both ends of the call.

I don't know if you are agreeing with me or not but my first point was referring to someone on the phone in the same room as me, and not a phonecall
Mine was referring to people making calls. I tagged my reply to yours as it was a phone related gripe.

theskull1

The days and weeks after a password change  :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Canalman

The amount of pin , code, alarm, computer access etc  codes you now need to remember. Getting out of hand.

Also an oldie but peoply paying for drinks in a pub with laser or credit cards.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Canalman on March 04, 2015, 12:20:24 PM
The amount of pin , code, alarm, computer access etc  codes you now need to remember. Getting out of hand.

Also an oldie but peoply paying for drinks in a pub with laser or credit cards.

Reminds me of the old Paul Calf rant about students paying for their chips with cheques.  :)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Eamonnca1

muppet

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 25, 2015, 06:43:16 AM
Unskippable Youtube ads.

Yes! Usually for something like financial advice, while the kids are watching Spongebob Square Pants. At the very least YouTube need to target their ads better.
MWWSI 2017

gallsman

Website list articles (usually American sport or tech magazine websites) where you have to click a link to move onto the next page rather than having the full list in one page.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: gallsman on March 25, 2015, 11:52:24 AM
Website list articles (usually American sport or tech magazine websites) where you have to click a link to move onto the next page rather than having the full list in one page.

Yeah, page gets closed immediately when I see that.

5 Sams

Quote from: gallsman on March 25, 2015, 11:52:24 AM

or you click on a button that says next and its takes you to an ad.
The Aristocrat Years

Eamonnca1

Quote from: muppet on March 25, 2015, 11:44:40 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 25, 2015, 06:43:16 AM
Unskippable Youtube ads.

Yes! Usually for something like financial advice, while the kids are watching Spongebob Square Pants. At the very least YouTube need to target their ads better.

They're getting a lot more common too. Maybe too many people were kist clicking "skip ad."

If it's a film trailer, I don't generally skip it though. Saw a great one the other day for the new Mission Impossible movie.

johnneycool

2FM news on the way home last night;

Top of the list,            Some young cub leaves a boy band or other
Second on the list;     British oaf leaves a TV show for punching the producer in the face.
Third on the list;         Elaine O'Hara murder trial.

Am I missing something, but is 'celebrity gossip' now mainstream news?

Oh, and Shefflin retiring got briefly touched on in the sports bulletin... c*nts.

ballinaman

When the cashier hands your change back on top of the receipt.......

ziggysego

Quote from: johnneycool on March 26, 2015, 09:49:05 AM
2FM news on the way home last night;

Top of the list,            Some young cub leaves a boy band or other
Second on the list;     British oaf leaves a TV show for punching the producer in the face.
Third on the list;         Elaine O'Hara murder trial.

Am I missing something, but is 'celebrity gossip' now mainstream news?

Oh, and Shefflin retiring got briefly touched on in the sports bulletin... c*nts.

They're just going with their target audience.
Testing Accessibility

Bingo