GAA General discussion Board

Started by Hereiam, March 25, 2015, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Lads i have been a long time reader and contributor to this board for a long time. It was a source of good information and guidance on a range of topics. It was also fun at times with some good laugh out loud moments.
Lately the board has become nothing more than a place for a select few who hijack threads to insult and rile each other.
The general board has become a pain in the ass to read and is being ruined by a handful of posters and if the mods dont do something soon it will kill this discussion board

Rant over

Boycey

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stiffler

Hasn't been the same since our nail loney & corn02 were forced out.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

screenexile

Quote from: ziggysego on March 25, 2015, 08:55:40 PM
I'm in agreement.

Can you not do something about it???

As you are a mod??

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

JoG2

Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2015, 09:14:45 PM
I blame the Nordies.

Add one trick ponies to the banned list when ye's are at it Mods

maigheo

I think some of  the Rossies should take a fair portion of the blame and with there teams on the rise they will only get worse :-[ :-[

muppet

FFS do you all still believe in the existence of Mod?

Has any of you ever seen Mod? Some of the early posters talk of there being a Mod, but though many have written about Mod, none were first hand accounts. Mod, afaik, has never written a book himself. So how can we be sure there is a Mod?

MWWSI 2017

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Mike Sheehy

This lad is even more hysterical than Gallsman !

ONeill

Quote from: Hereiam on March 25, 2015, 08:27:02 PM
Lads i have been a long time reader and contributor to this board for a long time. It was a source of good information and guidance on a range of topics. It was also fun at times with some good laugh out loud moments.
Lately the board has become nothing more than a place for a select few who hijack threads to insult and rile each other.
The general board has become a pain in the ass to read and is being ruined by a handful of posters and if the mods dont do something soon it will kill this discussion board

Rant over

Barely spend more than 10 mins  a week on here for the same reason.

Not complaining about it - the gaaboard isn't important - but the explanation given above is spot on. The same people argue about the same things, fruitlessly hoping their words of wisdom over and over again will finally break the resolve of the other. Utterly pointless and brain-aching. Sorta took whatever crack there was in it and worded it into submission.

But, as the man says, ye don't have to read it and that's true I suppose.

Where's has the irreverence, the slagging (slegging) and good oul shit-talk gone?

Just noticed this quality post by Sidney, by wading through the crap, which went completely unnoticed...sums it up - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20748.msg1448698#msg1448698 - that's feckin brilliant.

You can usually weigh up a poster and make your point in 2 posts if you feel strongly about it.....anything beyond that staggers into boredom.

Ziggy should place a 2-post cap on topics and also have a w**ker of the week thread. I nominate Ziggy. Also, anyone who makes the same point twice sits in the sin bin for a week.

And while you're at it ziggy - you haven't done a mywayaccess risk assessment of the general discussion thread.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.