FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

I see the women won again.  Not seeing much publicity around them.  The late late show had rhys mcclenaghan on last Friday night after his gold medal the previous week.  Ireland qualifyfor the world cup but zero publicity.  I hope it has nothing to do with their sing song afterwards.  This was/is a massive achievement and deserves recognition

Capt Pat

Poor first half from Ireland against Norway. They have to do better in the second half. Poor entertainment as well.

Bring on the world cup.

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

Cunny Funt

Not many of the Irish team tonight would i give a rating over 5 or 6 out of ten.

Itchy

No disguising that was a really poor performance. Kenny is running out of time, all well and good playing ball and I support the need for us to change but the inability to do basic stuff well is really disappointing

mouview

Quote from: Itchy on November 17, 2022, 09:56:50 PM
No disguising that was a really poor performance. Kenny is running out of time, all well and good playing ball and I support the need for us to change but the inability to do basic stuff well is really disappointing

The inability to do the basics of football such as pass, create, retain possession has hindered our national team for about 40 years at least.

Capt Pat

I thought Collins was fouled in the build up by the goalscorer of the winning goal. VAR would have sorted it out. Not good enough really but it is just a friendly.

Captain Scarlet

Not everything has to be an extreme. The argument from Kenny fans is that we go directly to hoof ball if anyone but him is in charge.
But can they honestly say we are a joy to watch right now? Like it's not entertaining and we lose a lot.
I'd honestly like to see him do well but you can't keep trying to play a certain way on one hand and then say we don't have the players to play that style? I find it bizarre how his supporters don't see an issue with him there.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

lurganblue

Had the pleasure (I think) of going to the game last night. 1st half was horrific. Retaining possession across the back and then when Norway pressed up, we kick it long and lose it. No bravery to make incisive passes, or maybe lack of ability. Working it down the sides but not able to put it into the box as we lack the numbers in there.

The 2nd half was a little better. More tempo and finally creating chances. The goal was a tidy strike. Overall though, it wasn't impressive.

Norway seemed to be taking it handy.

mrdeeds

mouview

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 21, 2022, 10:46:22 AM
Is it time for Kenny to go?
To be replaced by whom? A new manager would scarcely do any better, unless they revert to hoofball and pack the forward line with 6ft+ beanpoles. 'Climate change' has reduced the British mercenaries(*), on whom we relied so much for the last 40 years, to a trickle. It will take a good number of iterations before our home-produced players will be good enough to compete meaningfully with the continent's best.

* To think Kane, Grealish and Rice could all be playing for us.

seafoid

Quote from: mouview on November 21, 2022, 12:07:15 PM
To be replaced by whom? A new manager would scarcely do any better, unless they revert to hoofball and pack the forward line with 6ft+ beanpoles. 'Climate change' has reduced the British mercenaries(*), on whom we relied so much for the last 40 years, to a trickle. It will take a good number of iterations before our home-produced players will be good enough to compete meaningfully with the continent's best.

If we were consistently good and far from mediocrity maybe they would be.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on November 21, 2022, 12:34:31 PM
Quote from: mouview on November 21, 2022, 12:07:15 PM

If we were consistently good and far from mediocrity maybe they would be.
Or if we'd capped Grealish and Rice when we had the chance lol